Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • optimisticyouth
    • Jul 2013

Questions before i start on propecia

Hello everyone, long time lurker here. I am 20 yrs old and believe that I may be thinning up top. I'm going to see a hair transplant doctor this Friday to be evaluated. Anyway, I have a few questions for the finasteride users on this board.

I've come across the term "reflex hyperandrogenism" quite a few times. From what I could discern, it appears this is what happens to people whose mpb speeds up while on finasteride. My question is how common is this? How long was your shed and at what point did it stop?
  • optimisticyouth
    • Jul 2013

Well this thread is pretty much dead, but if anyone can tell me whether or not propecia helped them, I'd appreciate it. I've read, mostly anecdotal stuff, that some people end up accelerating mpb with propecia. I don't know how true this is, but if anyone cares to chime in, please do so. Thanks guys.

Comment

• RobDerbyshire
      • Mar 2013

I'm 24 and i started on propecia in late January so i have been on the drug 7 or so months now, i was waking up with a dull ache around my temples around the area affected by hair loss at the front of my hairline and had experienced some itching around that area. I bought branded Fin and went straight onto the 1MG a day dosage and for the first 4-6 weeks very little itching and no dull ache but now the itching is back all over my head and i have noticed early signs of thinning all over the top of my head.

Comment

• Notcoolanymore
        • Jun 2013

I started using minoxidil and regenepure shampoo about 3 months ago. I have been using fin for about 7 weeks now. I have regrown some hair since I first started treatment. I have regrown hair since starting fin. Don't know if fin has helped, but I would say it hasn't hurt either.

Comment

Working...