+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Replicel Question - DSC Cell Specific

I've got a question about Replicel! This one is particularly an interesting one.

Since Replicel's initial results were disappointing for the forum members here, has anyone thought more about WHY there wasn't more hair beyond the regular gum flapping responses like 'it doesnt work! waah!'

Consider this; when a baby is born, hair on it is very thin. Its only had 9 months in the womb to develop and even in the coming months after birth the baby still does not show dense hair. I would say a human's head is most full with hair during the ages of 8-14 and then things go south, at least for men since women are lucky.

So!

Replicel took a bunch of DSC cells, multiplied them and injected them back into the scalp underneath the skin. After 6 months we saw 15% more terminal hair. But did anyone take into account that perhaps during that 6 month time frame the DSC cells may have needed time to form into a complete hair follicle?

Basically, the question is; are we really expecting those DSC cells to tranform into follicles overnight? Over weeks? Or months? And even then, can we not take into account anagen, catagen and telegen cycles before it reaches its FULL potential?

Consider this, that standard FUE/FUT and even HST transplants require a minimum of 6 months before results are seen and even then things can take longer to develop.

Are we not jumping the gun a little?

Shiseido did just dump millions of dollars on Replicel. A lot of people are saying '...replicel doesn't work unless Shiseido knows something we don't'. Obviously, they do know something we don't, but is it what we're hoping for? Perhaps the extra time was enough to make a convincing case for Shiseido and the results we're better than the 6 month mark we were shown?

Lets even assume that those results are the best they could achieve. We're still however leaving out the possibility of using Replicel in combination of Finasteride to inhibit DHT and Minoxidil as a growth stimulant. Perhaps wounding + minoxidil would cause a chain reaction of results given that when minoxidil was applied, PGE2 levels were raised which could turn those DSC cells into complete follicles and possibly from raised levels of FGF9? And this isn't even taking into consideration Histogen's own growth factors!

So... thoughts? I have a feeling Desmond could chime in on this.

I would agree that there's definitely the possibility of the Japanese knowing more than the public. I think it's likely replicel was able to convince them there's a good chance of success in the future, given the structure of the deal they just made (i.e. incremental funding when milestones are met).

I wish I could comment on the cells possibly needing more time to develop, but I know nothing about biology. I definitely hope you're right though!

Very interesting. Thanks for posting

I´ve said exactly this by the time Replicel published their 6 months results.

replicel is culturing cells in 2d. Maybe culturing in 3d will be the key to success ? Who knows ...

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    replicel is culturing cells in 2d. Maybe culturing in 3d will be the key to success ? Who knows ...
    There was a point made from Replicel that their next object was to improve the process somehow, they were going to do something different. Not sure what exactly, but you may be right in that it may go from 2D to 3D.

I wonder of changing the culturing of cells requires a completely new Phase I trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    I would agree that there's definitely the possibility of the Japanese knowing more than the public. I think it's likely replicel was able to convince them there's a good chance of success in the future, given the structure of the deal they just made (i.e. incremental funding when milestones are met).

I wish I could comment on the cells possibly needing more time to develop, but I know nothing about biology. I definitely hope you're right though!
    1) Everything is speculation
    2) They may have just pitched the idea the right way. Actual results may be rubbish
    3) Why hasn't replicel released updated results? It's been a while since the first set of results.

Replicel will get into phase 2 ,get stuck and fold.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    2) They may have just pitched the idea the right way. Actual results may be rubbish
    3) Why hasn't replicel released updated results? It's been a while since the first set of results.

Please don't bring negativity into this thread, I was looking for legitimate scientific answers that could explain the initial poor results and the possibility of better results past the 6 month mark.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post

We're to discuss ideas, so it's pretty obvious that this is speculation. Points 2 and 3 are nothing but your usual way to spread unfounded negativity around to others in order to feel better about yourself.

You're a fa.ggot

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    We're to discuss ideas, so it's pretty obvious that this is speculation. Points 2 and 3 are nothing but your usual way to spread unfounded negativity around to others in order to feel better about yourself.

You're a fa.ggot
    I'm being objective.