+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I'm being objective.
    Hahahahhahahahaha

"Why hasn't replicel released results in a long time" is how you argue they have nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Hahahahhahahahaha

"Why hasn't replicel released results in a long time" is how you argue they have nothing.
    - Poor phase 1 results after marketing hype.
    - no updated results.

It's for this reason quacks like nigam are taken seriously on here.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I've got a question about Replicel! This one is particularly an interesting one.

Since Replicel's initial results were disappointing for the forum members here, has anyone thought more about WHY there wasn't more hair beyond the regular gum flapping responses like 'it doesnt work! waah!'

Consider this; when a baby is born, hair on it is very thin. Its only had 9 months in the womb to develop and even in the coming months after birth the baby still does not show dense hair. I would say a human's head is most full with hair during the ages of 8-14 and then things go south, at least for men since women are lucky.

So!

Replicel took a bunch of DSC cells, multiplied them and injected them back into the scalp underneath the skin. After 6 months we saw 15% more terminal hair. But did anyone take into account that perhaps during that 6 month time frame the DSC cells may have needed time to form into a complete hair follicle?

Basically, the question is; are we really expecting those DSC cells to tranform into follicles overnight? Over weeks? Or months? And even then, can we not take into account anagen, catagen and telegen cycles before it reaches its FULL potential?

Consider this, that standard FUE/FUT and even HST transplants require a minimum of 6 months before results are seen and even then things can take longer to develop.

Are we not jumping the gun a little?

Shiseido did just dump millions of dollars on Replicel. A lot of people are saying '...replicel doesn't work unless Shiseido knows something we don't'. Obviously, they do know something we don't, but is it what we're hoping for? Perhaps the extra time was enough to make a convincing case for Shiseido and the results we're better than the 6 month mark we were shown?

Lets even assume that those results are the best they could achieve. We're still however leaving out the possibility of using Replicel in combination of Finasteride to inhibit DHT and Minoxidil as a growth stimulant. Perhaps wounding + minoxidil would cause a chain reaction of results given that when minoxidil was applied, PGE2 levels were raised which could turn those DSC cells into complete follicles and possibly from raised levels of FGF9? And this isn't even taking into consideration Histogen's own growth factors!

So... thoughts? I have a feeling Desmond could chime in on this.
    I think there is definitely a possibility that hair count did surpass the results @ 6 months mark! I'm more than certain Shiseido got to see the 12 month results before giving Replicel US $3 million.

IDK if you remember but Replicel initially had plans to provide 6 monthly updates on their Phase 1/2a results but after the public dissatisfaction with their interim (6 months) results, they withdrew that comment and announced that their next update will be the 24 month results.

Now Dec 2013 will mark the end of Phase 1/2a results (i.e. 24 months). Considering it takes 4-5 months to process the final data, we can be more than certain they'll make an announcement by April 2014.

We should also get a 6 month interim results update on Phase 2b by July 2014!

2014 will most definitely be filled with Replicel...Let's hope its promising news

Let's NOT forget that just before the Shiseido annoncement, the Replicel team did an interview with Spencer Kobren, but didn't allow Spencer to air the interview until the time was right!!!

Well it's been just over 3 months now and Spencer still hasn't been given the green light to broadcast that interview but whatever they showed him was promising enough for Spencer to mention it on his show!

I can tell he is optimistic. Even while announcing closure of ARI he didn't look like it was that big of a deal, like he knew it wouldn't really matter. It's just my impression, but I have a good feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    I think there is definitely a possibility that hair count did surpass the results @ 6 months mark! I'm more than certain Shiseido got to see the 12 month results before giving Replicel US $3 million.

IDK if you remember but Replicel initially had plans to provide 6 monthly updates on their Phase 1/2a results but after the public dissatisfaction with their interim (6 months) results, they withdrew that comment and announced that their next update will be the 24 month results.

Now Dec 2013 will mark the end of Phase 1/2a results (i.e. 24 months). Considering it takes 4-5 months to process the final data, we can be more than certain they'll make an announcement by April 2014.

We should also get a 6 month interim results update on Phase 2b by July 2014!

2014 will most definitely be filled with Replicel...Let's hope its promising news
    Wait, are you saying Replicel is ALREADY in Phase IIa trials and going into Phase IIb in Q4 of 2013 (essentially in a few or so months)?

Would that mean by the end of 2014 they'll essentially be done and ready to roll out a treatment in two years in 2015 in Asia?

Wait, are you saying Replicel is ALREADY in Phase IIa trials and going into Phase IIb in Q4 of 2013 (essentially in a few or so months)?

Would that mean by the end of 2014 they'll essentially be done and ready to roll out a treatment in two years in 2015 in Asia?
    RepliCel states on their website they are following a strict schedule to release a product in nonwestern countries before end of 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    RepliCel states on their website they are following a strict schedule to release a product in nonwestern countries before end of 2015.
    Well the timeline chart on the Replicel website shows phase 2B starting in the latter part of this year (although I remember reading on the website contradicting info that it will start in early 2014) and lasting two years, I don't recall reading that they are officially aiming for a release in Asia immediately after that, although the funding from the Japanese in exchange for rights in Asia pretty much indicates that intention.

Happy to be proved wrong though...

Quote Originally Posted by Thinning87 View Post
    Well the timeline chart on the Replicel website shows phase 2B starting in the latter part of this year (although I remember reading on the website contradicting info that it will start in early 2014) and lasting two years, I don't recall reading that they are officially aiming for a release in Asia immediately after that, although the funding from the Japanese in exchange for rights in Asia pretty much indicates that intention.

Happy to be proved wrong though...
    scroll all the way to the bottom of the page

http://www.replicel.com/hair-regener...air-loss/faqs/

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    scroll all the way to the bottom of the page

http://www.replicel.com/hair-regener...air-loss/faqs/
    That page doesnt say anything about Phase IIa or IIb as Desmond mentioned. Neither does the pipeline page:

http://www.replicel.com/product-pipe...-regeneration/

They only mention Phase II as a single trial.