22, hairline retreating and thinning RAPIDLY!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TeeJay73
    • Oct 2008

Hi Doctor Epstein:

Is Nizoral 1% shampoo available over the counter, or by prescription only? I hear some fair things about it. Do you happen to know if it is expensive?

Thanks so much Doctor Epstein, for being an awesome doctor!

TeeJay

Comment

• januse1
      • Aug 2009

I'm scared of starting propecia or something of the sort because of all the side effects i keep hearing about. There is a whole forum dedicated to the side effects, some permanent, from the use of propecia.

One of the things being erectile dysfunction problems. I don't feel that not being able to get it up justifies having hair.

LOL...

But anyways.

Here is a little rant, i just have to get it off my chest. I completely hate it when people compliment on how thick and beautiful my hair is. This makes me want to cry on the inside, because yes, I do realize it's very thick and beautiful NOW. People don't know that I am thinning and losing it very quickly. My frontal hairline had thinned out a great deal in the past year and my right temple is going higher up everyday. Not to mention that about 1.5 inches from the hairline on the right temple is all minaturization, and thin too.

My sides are ridiculously thick as they always have been... nice thick and curly, but the top of my head is getting thin at a rapid rate. It wasn't like this 2 years ago, or even 1 year ago.

What's the point of having all this very thick beautiful hair if I'm losing it at such a young age? While i see people with thin hair that have a full head of hair, although thin, their whole entire lives.

Comment

• g k
        • Aug 2009

Well if you are very concern about the sides, I would recommend taking .25mg of propecia a day. Thats a 1mg pill cut into quarters. Theoretically you could take .25 every other day and get similar results. I doubt you would experience any sides at all on such a low dose, but you could quite possible see some very serious results. Your follicles haven't had time to die yet, so you have a very real chance of gaining most of that back.

Comment

Working...