+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 22, hairline retreating and thinning RAPIDLY!

Hey guys,

My name is Eddy, I am 22 and my hair went from a perfect hairline not even a whole 2 years ago to major recession on the right side of my forehead and significant thinning from what it used to be. I have a whole bunch of really thick hair, well for the most part.... for now! Within the past weeks people were really were complimenting how nice my hair is and how it feel, and then they say "i'm jealous of your hair, but not the top front, looks like your losing your hair, your too young for that!"! I'm like NOOOO!

At first I was just thinking I was the only one obsessed by minuscule stuff, but when other people start to notice it, then it is a true problem.

Now i know that there is nothing one can do against balding except to deal with it or be on meds your whole life, I don't mind going bald... i've been shaving my head before i grew it out, but this shouldn't be happening at such an age! Can i at least enjoy my hair while i'm in my twenties PLZ! I don't care if i go bald over night once i turn 30!

FOLLOWING PICS ARE ALL THUMBNAILS SO CLICK TO ENLARGE!

This is my 20th birthday where i still had perfect hairline:

Anyways, here are pics less than two years ago before I shaved off my hair, and yes... that is my dad, I'm probably going to look like that but it looks like it's coming on early. He's 60, at this rate i'll be at his status by the time i'm 30!

This is just about this time last year after i shaved it off.... still nothing serious!

This is me now

That's nothing you say? yea because it's covered!

Here is the painful truth:

Thats it guys, thats my quick 2 year hair history right there. Even last year when i shaved my head the recession wasn't that big of a deal, now it's full blown, and all on the right side! Plus thinning.

I believe you could save all of your hair and regrow a large portion if you use propecia and rogaine. PLease check out my thread. If its anything like your dad, it looks like a slow receeding hairline. Thats what mine is too and I've been using half a dose of propecia and rogaine with really good results. GO see your doctor and try and get a prescription if you are ok with that.

You're hair is so nice and thick. it still looks good. I think you can bounce back. Educate yourself, become a pro at fighting hairloss and you can save it and regrow some I bet. The only things that work is propecia and rogaine. In combination they work very well. But if you wanna take incrimental steps to find the minimal treatment, start with .5 propecia, then if this isnt enough apply 2% rogaine with this on the hairline. You should be fine have hope...that really helps in itself.

My thread:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1306

g k is right, he’s giving you great advice! You still have a great deal of hair and should be able to save most of it.

Here’s my original thread and story
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435

Another thing is that an enormous amount of hair seems to fall out during showering.

When i shampoo i have tons of hairs all over both of my hands, and when i clear them off the whole drain is filled with one large hair clump. After that i usually come through my hair while i still have the shampoo on in order to get rid of the other shedding.

Then i put on conditioner and the same happens, a lot of strands in between my fingers. By this time the clump is so big to clogs the drains and water starts yo build up, so i always throw the clump away while i'm showering.

When i'm done I usually dry my hair with a towel. What i do is i quickly rub my head with both hands at a fast pace to get the water out of my hair, I do this for about 5 minutes or less. By the time I finish doing so a whole bunch of hair just covers the bottom of the tub, all the hair that fell out during the towel drying process. It's horrifying. I have to washe down the tub and throw a 3rd clump away. I usually go through 3 clumps of hair in the drain everytime i shower.

This also happened to me last time I had long hair... about 2 years ago... but back then the top of my head was so thick and rich it didn't seem as if i was losing anything.

Sounds like typical MPB but like the guys already said, you have so much hair at this point that if you could stop the shedding and keep what you have you’ll be doing well. If I were you I would cut my hair a little shorter which will make it look even thicker and get a prescription for Propecia. If you're shedding so much hair and are seeing your hairline recede it is almost 100% MPB. Take care of it now before it get worse.

You’re still looking good kid. You’ll be ok if you start working on it ASAP. People around here would die to have hair like yours

Your situation is ok, but it's a good thing that you are concerned about it and post about your problem here so that we can know how you treat your hair loss problem.

Should I go see some sort of doctor? Personal or dermatologist and see what is their take on it and if they can prescribe anything in particular for me? I see that some people get blood work done and see what is wrong with them internally as well.

I also have a pretty shitty diet lately, because I always feel tired even when i wake up after a good 7 hours of sleep without the alarm clock waking me up.

Januse, man, that's still a great looking head of hair. But, don't let that fact get you complacent. Two years ago, I had a head of hair that would make a movie star jealous. It was so thick it wouldn't even move in the wind.
    But, then I started noticing large amounts of hair coming out during showering. At first, I didn't think too much of it. Then, after a few months, I noticed the slightest of recession in my temple.
    By the time I finally man-ed up to taking Propecia, I had lost a good 60% of my original density (not to mention an inch or two of my hairline).
    My advice: start Propecia as soon as possible.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Jeffrey Epstein, MD's Avatar

Januse- Being as young as you are, now is the proper time for you to be looking into doing something about your hairloss. The large amount of hair you are noticing in the shower is likely a normal amount- as there are 100 or so hairs that fall out per day, and during the shower, this is when most of the hairs in fact do fall out, and the longer your hairs are, the more visible they are.
    Most legitimate surgeons would not recommend at this time that you undergo a hair transplant, and that would include me. Rather Propecia, proper scalp care including certain nourishing shampoos, and possibly laser light therapy would be indicated.
    Be patient, and consider seeing one of the top docs on this forum sometime in the future.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
    Miami and NYC
    Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD
    Foundation For Hair Restoration