+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Oh FFS!

The same with neversaynever on this site I fear. I know Nigam's methods need to be given time before we can all reach a conclusion. I just worry that this time next year we will still have the same ridiculous photos which are impossible to verify.

I want to give Dr Nigam a chance to prove his claims but he is making it very difficult for himself

Hopefully Boldy & Tom won't pi.ss off as well and will be able to report positive results.
    Well that's what's been happening for the past 20 years so dont expect it to be any different next year.

Btw - how does a hair loss surgeon just randomly pick someone off a website to work on their treatment? Who is this "boldy" guy? Are we yet to even establish a real name?

Some things just dont add up about all of this, it's as if people know deep down this is all malarky but they're clinging on to some kind of conscious false hope to maintain what little sanity remains due to the constant barrage of let-downs from companies and outright charlatans in this dreadful industry.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    what about Boldy?

Isn't his case a trustworthy one in your opinion? I think he had stem cell treatment / injections without an actual transplant didn't he?

If a positive result can come from that (ie without a transplant) that would be good. Or maybe I am wrong and he had a transplant
    Boldy is very trustworthy. But i thought hes waiting for the 3d culture ?

To be fair the second (after) picture was submitted by the patient himself, therefore Dr Nigams didn't really have a say in angle/lighting etc.

But really all we can really do is wait for Wesley/Boldy/Tom and hopefully they won't ****** off somewhere like all previous patients seem to do.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Who is this "boldy" guy? Are we yet to even establish a real name?

Some things just dont add up about all of this, it's as if people know deep down this is all malarky but they're clinging on to some kind of conscious false hope to maintain what little sanity remains due to the constant barrage of let-downs from companies and outright charlatans in this dreadful industry.
    Boldy's been posting on forums for ages, he's a very knowledgeable guy, and seems to have bolstered his knowledge by lots of research in his own time over the last year or so. We don't need a real name, we're all anonymous as such on hair forums for important reasons... I doubt old-timers who've hung around HLH, HS, alt.baldspot et al for a decade or more even know each other's real names...

I'm not clinging to false hopes here, as it's Boldy - even if he didn't strike gold this time round, he'll refine his procedures again and again until he gets it right. I'm not thrilled about this because Dr Nigam is involved, I'm thrilled because Boldy will get to put cutting-edge theory into practice in a way that he can't in western jurisdictions. Giving Boldy access to a suitable lab was like Dr Nigam providing him a kick-ass 'Kickstarter'!

Whatever it is you guys are smoking, i want some of it because even with the crappy lighting done by the patient himself that is obviously extensive regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Well that's what's been happening for the past 20 years so dont expect it to be any different next year.

Btw - how does a hair loss surgeon just randomly pick someone off a website to work on their treatment? Who is this "boldy" guy? Are we yet to even establish a real name?

Boldy/Gangstaboy is well known and trusted. He and Dr. Nigam are actually doing stuff that has never been done with a combined 2d and 3d culture.

Lets say some of the accusations are true about Dr. Nigam (which I don't personally believe)? What if his credentials fall in the grey/gray area? What if his photos are less than desired?

I grant you every moment of pause that you wish to take.

All I'm asking, is if you believe Dr. Nigam is actually testing all the stuff we keep reading about? You see, I think (and it is my opinion) that Dr. Nigam is just as big a fan of Aderan, Follica, Replicel, PRP, Cotseralis, Jahodah, Fuschs, Uno, growthfactors, PDG2, 2d cultures, 3d cultures etc, etc, etc..... as we all are. He thinks this stuff works.

IMO, he is just doing what we would all love to do ourselves if we had the know how. Combine some of this shyte together and see if it grows some hair!

"Trust but verify" I think are the appropriate words.

I trust Boldy, WHO IS THERE, to tell us the news.

I will give Dr. Nigam the benefit of the doubt and more.

The answer may very well be that Dr. Nigam is doing everything, almost all the way right.

Tom and Boldy and Wesley are there to observe, verify, report and suggest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the photos, my opinion is....."when in Rome"

What if he gave impressive pictures of slight growth using his methods and a competitor down the street provided impressive, photo shopped pictures of massive growth but not using the same protocol? Please remember, just as we use the photos here, they also use the photos in India.

I do think a room, with consistent lighting, with a professional photographer and a HD camera, should be used for ALL photos. An IT person that is also a photographer would be well worth the investment.
    Last edited by idontwant2bebalding; 07-28-2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: spelling of Weley's name and Gangstaboy

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Whatever it is you guys are smoking, i want some of it because even with the crappy lighting done by the patient himself that is obviously extensive regrowth.
    open your eyes man. dont get sucked in.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    open your eyes man. dont get sucked in.
    Don't need to, theres clear growth in the after photo. Hair is no longer in thin strands but rather in thick clumps together. Doesn't matter if the photo is darker, the difference is pretty damn obvious.

I checked out the picture in photoshop, did some playing around with levels and brightness, looked for patterns in JPG artifact compression and theres no signs of photoshop trickery either.

Legit picture. The only thing now is..... is it the same person with a legit result from stem cells or not something/someone else?

Don't need to, theres clear growth in the after photo. Hair is no longer in thin strands but rather in thick clumps together. Doesn't matter if the photo is darker, the difference is pretty damn obvious.

I checked out the picture in photoshop, did some playing around with levels and brightness, looked for patterns in JPG artifact compression and theres no signs of photoshop trickery either.

Legit picture. The only thing now is..... is it the same person with a legit result from stem cells or not something/someone else?
    id say it's the same person judging by the arms.

Concealer + Lightning can make up for at least 75% of the effect. Rest of the effect might be Minox and/or Fin. We just don't know. Fact remains it's a horrible comparison. Hopefully dr Nigams will stop posting these horrible pictures.