+ Reply to Thread

Default questions regarding rogaine FOAM

Been of fin for 7 weeks now with no sides and I am thinking of adding in rogaine foam to thicken up the temples and corners of my hairline (hair above temples) since the very front is fine.

1. Has it worked effectively on the temples?

2. How long does it generally take to apply to the hairline?

3. My sleeping pattern is really messed up, sometimes I have class early so I am up at 7AM, sometimes I sleep in until noon - does it matter what time I apply it as long as its twice per day and at least 4 hours apart?

4. Since ill only be applying to the corners of my hairline and not the rest of my head, will my hair look damp or different where I applied it? OR does it dry well and not affect styling/appearance?

5. What are the most common sides? I am literally more afraid of aging my face from minox or getting random hairs growing on my body/face then I am of any finasteride side effect.

1. Studies done on Rogaine were not for temple or hairline treatment, but rather the vertex (crown). That doesn't mean you can't experience results by application on the hairline, but the data isn't there to back that up.

There are people that have claimed results along the hairline on these forums, so it's possible. I have used the Foam for over 4 years along the hairline and top of scalp and never noticed much of anything on the hairline. If anything, I use it there to slow down the thinning and for possible maintenance.

2. Can take less than 60 seconds just for the hairline. Silly question.

3. No, directions are for twice a day application. On the days you wake up at noon, just apply than apply a second application before bed.

4. Will not make your hair damp or wet looking if applied on towel dried hair. I actually use the foam not for the possible results really, but actually for styling purposes. It personally adds volume and thickness to my hair and its great for AM application before work, especially when compared to the liquid version.

5. You don't mean this. I can guarantee in time you will take back this statement in a flash. Sides from Rogaine are no where near scary as the side effect profile of FIN.

Common sides from Rogaine are water retention in the face (puffy face), dark circle under eyes, crows feet, wrinkles to eyes and forehead. Like Propecia, this doesn't guarantee you will experience these sides, but rather what has been reported from others.

I personally have had these Rogaine sides with 2x application, but since reducing my usage to 1x per day, the sides have decreased pretty substantially.

Consider starting off with once a day bro, maybe at night. Not sure how much rogaine foam is, but a lot of people do foam in the morning, generic minoxidil liquid at night, that could be something to consider.

Im about to start soon, a little worried about skin sides since I already have sensitive skin. Im definitely sticking to once a day, but I also apply retin-a (which enhances absorption; one study showed that minox once a day with retin-a performed on par with minox twice a day with no retin-a). Also going to dermaroll/wound with a 1.5mm roller once a week (and not apply any topicals that day).

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post

4. Will not make your hair damp or wet looking if applied on towel dried hair. I actually use the foam not for the possible results really, but actually for styling purposes. It personally adds volume and thickness to my hair and its great for AM application before work, especially when compared to the liquid version.

5. You don't mean this. I can guarantee in time you will take back this statement in a flash. Sides from Rogaine are no where near scary as the side effect profile of FIN.

Common sides from Rogaine are water retention in the face (puffy face), dark circle under eyes, crows feet, wrinkles to eyes and forehead. Like Propecia, this doesn't guarantee you will experience these sides, but rather what has been reported from others.

I personally have had these Rogaine sides with 2x application, but since reducing my usage to 1x per day, the sides have decreased pretty substantially.
    Yeah I have heard it actually makes hair seems thicker which is really good if I was to use it for my hairline as that is where its thinning. Believe it or not though I am not afraid of any fin side since only 1-5% of people get them so I am certain I won't. Do you know if the chances of getting sides on rogaine are higher than fin?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Consider starting off with once a day bro, maybe at night. Not sure how much rogaine foam is, but a lot of people do foam in the morning, generic minoxidil liquid at night, that could be something to consider.

Im about to start soon, a little worried about skin sides since I already have sensitive skin. Im definitely sticking to once a day, but I also apply retin-a (which enhances absorption; one study showed that minox once a day with retin-a performed on par with minox twice a day with no retin-a). Also going to dermaroll/wound with a 1.5mm roller once a week (and not apply any topicals that day).
    I heard the same thing that a lot of people use liquid at night or morning and foam during the other application. To me it seems kind of silly to use one version at a certain time and different one at the other since the drug is the same, only texture is obviously where it differs. Do you have a link or more info on the retin-a study? I would be willing to look into that as it may be very good! In terms of the dermaroll, I am assuming you are applying that to your whole head? I have briefly heard about the wound/dermaroll combo on this forum but didn't really pay attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post

I heard the same thing that a lot of people use liquid at night or morning and foam during the other application. To me it seems kind of silly to use one version at a certain time and different one at the other since the drug is the same, only texture is obviously where it differs. Do you have a link or more info on the retin-a study? I would be willing to look into that as it may be very good! In terms of the dermaroll, I am assuming you are applying that to your whole head? I have briefly heard about the wound/dermaroll combo on this forum but didn't really pay attention to it.
    Heres one of the retin-a studies

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17902730

Not sure yet how I'm gonna dermaroll, probably start with just the hairline. Im throwing some RU in kirklands minox and doing once nightly applications, as well as retin-a 3 times a week, just on the hairline. Hoping fin is enough to save my crown, but will probably add RU there aswell just in case, maybe minox in the future depending how it works on the hairline.