Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hasson & Wong SMP Result

This client had SMP with Milena Lardi while she was at Dr. Feller's office in September last year. He flew out to NYC from Vancouver because Dr. Feller's office was in need of volunteers so Milena could demonstrate her technique.

He is classified as a diffused thinner throughout the top and we have told him on numerous occasions that he is not a surgical candidate. The SMP work he had from Milena was front to back, two passes but it was done rather quickly so the density was not what Milena would usually have been able to accomplish. Regardless, after about ten months the front had faded but the crown is still good so he came in to our office to give us a shot since we've been working with Milena's technique since late last year. This result is only one pass for the front and a little bit into the mid-scalp. The hairline shape was only decided on because it is his natural, still existing (albeit diffused) hairline.

The client has expressed the desire to change the hairline to something more mature next time around and THIS is what makes the procedure so much better than the permanent option. Once it's done, you're not stuck with it and you can change things up as you wish when the ink has faded enough.

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

To be honest I cannot see much difference. What concerns me most is he has dimples/pot holes/dents whatever you want to call them, in his head in the after photos. Why is that? Are these dents permanent?

And that is the point, Sausage. You're not supposed to see a dramatic difference because to have a dramatic difference would be too much. The client isn't bald. He is diffused and still has plenty of hair. The hairline is eroded but still there and we simply reinforced it.

The biggest problem however is the lighting. We're getting too much shine and reflection on our shaved effect patients and this is camouflaging some of the result.

The "dimples" as you call them are gone in a few days. There are no lasting side effects from this.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

I can't distinguish individual SMP dots, the scalp just seems to look darker like someone has spray tanned his scalp.

Maybe you can see them now.

www.HassonandWong.com

Great stuff Joe. The result and close up pics are excellent.

Im confident its not been easy at all getting SMP into HW but it will be worth all your hard work and efforts as many now will be able to benefit from this technique.

Well done

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Yeah, I see now, although it was hard to tell if the dots were hairs just coming through the skin or just dots........which I suppose is a good thing.

The guy really needs to shave his head a bit shorter though.......the odd sprouting hair amongst flat dots doesn't look too good.

Surgeons/consultants often use the word natural or unnatural when referring to hair transplants as they obviously don't want to end up with an unnatural looking result for their patients.....

As far as I am aware SMP is the most unnatural form of 'hair restoration' (if you can call it that) on the open market. Most results I see are unnatural looking.... probably because it is.

very good looking result..what do you think about "filling in" over harvested areas from FUE with SMP?

Thanks Spex.

Sausage,

You are right, no one wants to have an unnatural result for their patient/client and that is why we are taking our time with this. I'm not sure if it was you, maybe it was, but someone was mentioning about a result by another SMP establishment how the dots were too big. I looked at them and thought they were horrendously huge and the result was very unnatural! That is one of the things we are careful about and the tools, machine and ink we are using along with our technique is preventing us from making these mistakes.

You are correct, SMP is the most unnatural way to restore hair because it's not hair, obviously, but if it's done right it can and does make a difference for the better. We have one guy who's modelling career has been completely revived because of his SMP! I hope to show his photos soon.

Feartheloss,

what do you think about "filling in" over harvested areas from FUE with SMP?
    We're working on an FUE case right now. His donor zone is eaten up and we are working on filling in the scars with SMP. He's has his test pass to see how it takes in the scar tissue and we'll see him again end of next week to evaluate on how to move forward. Ironically, he's already has permanent SMP to the top of his scalp and it was turning blue and spreading so he had to have a few painful passes with a laser to remove it.
    www.HassonandWong.com

I think it was myself who mentioned the large dots, I think I possibly may have been to hasty, as someone posted a message after I made the comment, I think saying that the dots were large because the photo was taken soon after surgery.

I noticed some comments from yourself on another forum in which you were very against SMP......written about a year ago.......

As far as I can see, a few months later SMP (temporary) was introduced into your clinic at Hasson and Wong.........

have you completely reversed your thoughts on it? or are you still against it even though it is now something you offer?