+ Reply to Thread

Default So, you're a NW6, what do you do?

Ok, I am a NW6, I have pretty much decided I am going to get 3000-4000 grafts by FUE...........but by the sounds of things this is all the donor I have available so I need to be creative.....

All the following will be with the aim of having a buzz cut......Do I.....

1. Get full or near full coverage at low density........then thicken up with SMP.

2. Get the frontal part done, with a strong frame to the face, density getting thinner as it goes back.......then fill in crown/thinner areas with SMP.

3. Try and create a receded, thinning look as best a possible. NO SMP.

No offense bro but i dont think 3 or 4 thousand will help a nw6. In my opinion guys who have great hair transplants are the nw3's who just need minor work done. If i was you i would wait till something comes like donor regeneration then you may have a shot but you might regret gettin that done right now. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    No offense bro but i dont think 3 or 4 thousand will help a nw6. In my opinion guys who have great hair transplants are the nw3's who just need minor work done. If i was you i would wait till something comes like donor regeneration then you may have a shot but you might regret gettin that done right now. Just my 2 cents.

3-4k grafts is nothing on nw6, think about it logically, you lost 30 000 FUs+

not all transplanted hairs will grow, you could get 60-80% yield even if you go to top doc..big gamble

I agree with the above poster

its waste of money and you wont be happy, its a big area to cover,

its up to you, my advice is to wait for nigam and pilofocus,

I understand 3000-4000 grafts is not enough to cover a NW6, I didn't say it was.

3000-4000 can cover the frontal half of the scalp at reasonable density from a natural hairline. 3000 I have been told extends to the front of the ears if you were to draw a line up over the head from one ear to other ear. 4000 I am told tends to reach mid scalp, this time if you were to draw an imaginery line from the back of the ears over the top of the head. If you went for a higher hairline, and went for thinner density as the hair gets towards the crown then you could cover an extra 1 inch to 2 inches of scalp.

SMP doesn't have to be used, I may just go for the Freddie Lunjberg balding look. If I did go for SMP it would be quite light, and only used in the 2nd half of the scalp, I'd like a spattering of actual hair in the crown and then a spattering of SMP still giving off a thinning look otherwise it looks too unnatural if you go too dense.

I mean would you guys really go for this slaphead look:

when you could have this:

Don't get me wrong, as I said, the crown would be very thin, a light covering of SMP would do the trick.

Just to be totally clear, again I am not expecting a full head of hair with flowing locks I can style, this is a conservative approach, high-ish hairline = more coverage, lower density = more coverage, if possible - low density in crown and then SMP. Again this will all be buzzed down to about a grade 1, giving a frame to the face and giving a coverage, eliminating the horse shoe look and eliminating a ridiculously massive forehead/bald slaphead.

PS. Nigam is nothing...as of now, but I am happy to wait a few months to see what happens there.

Also Pilofocus is coming soon and supposedly has 20%+ more yield than standard FUE. So that would be an extra bonus for my plans, an extra 20% more hair would stretch a decent bit further. + it is rumored to regenerate donor hair, although I am unsure of that, if so, then I will have more donor to play with in future. So I am waiting until October before deciding anything.

Option 2