+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HST questions

Default HST questions

I am sorry if some of these questions already been asked somewhere.

After the procedure, how many days would be required so that people dont notice that i had something done?

Is it absolutely required to use the minoxidil for 2 weeks?

Do they provide some sort of special headgear that i would be able to go out the first few days after hst?

Great question. I am also curious. My appt is aug 6 but since im from the us I still wanted to try to make a trip out of it.

Im having mine very soon too, thats why im asking

I'm having my procedure in September and was trying to estimate the time that it takes for non-detection as well. From the photos, I would estimate about 10 days minimum. I've attached the photo of that guy from Australia at the 7 day mark. You can see it's still a little red, hence I'd say at least an extra 3 days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	day7.jpg

Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	22238  

your donor will look good within 5 - 7 days max.
    the scabs will fail between days 7 - 10.

Once the scabs fail, most people can't tell that you had anything done... even though your recipient will be a little red, but most people won't think of an HT when they see that.. and if you get asked about it, you can just say you went tanning and didn't put sunscreen on ur scalp so you got some sun burns.

Had a random HST question. Figured the "HST questions" thread would be a good a place for it : )

HASCI has mentioned that after 3 procedures or so (the number varies from person to person), signs of the treatment may begin to show. This has instilled a lot of skepticism in people's minds regarding their 80% regeneration figure. My question is: what exactly are the signs of treatment referring to? Do they refer to visible scarring and white dots in the donor area that would prevent you from shaving your head down all the way? Or do they refer to a noticeable lack of density and visible gaps?

The reason I ask is because I plan to shave my head down to a 1 and use concealers regularly even after I get a HT. If signs of the treatment are simply the latter - a thinned-out donor and visible gaps - I don't think the donor would look too bad shaved down to a 1 and with a little Toppik on there.

Answers are much appreciated. Apologies if the question has already been asked/answered in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Barron View Post
    Had a random HST question. Figured the "HST questions" thread would be a good a place for it : )

HASCI has mentioned that after 3 procedures or so (the number varies from person to person), signs of the treatment may begin to show. This has instilled a lot of skepticism in people's minds regarding their 80% regeneration figure. My question is: what exactly are the signs of treatment referring to? Do they refer to visible scarring and white dots in the donor area that would prevent you from shaving your head down all the way? Or do they refer to a noticeable lack of density and visible gaps?

The reason I ask is because I plan to shave my head down to a 1 and use concealers regularly even after I get a HT. If signs of the treatment are simply the latter - a thinned-out donor and visible gaps - I don't think the donor would look too bad shaved down to a 1 and with a little Toppik on there.

Answers are much appreciated. Apologies if the question has already been asked/answered in another thread.
    You'll notice slight thinning after a few HST's. I've noticed that if I shave to a zero then I can't notice anything at all, but if I let it grow slightly longer, #1 or #2, then it becomes slightly more obvious, but only to the trained eye.

Hasci are very conservative, they would rather tell you worst case scenario than best case. I can see why they do that!

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    You'll notice slight thinning after a few HST's. I've noticed that if I shave to a zero then I can't notice anything at all, but if I let it grow slightly longer, #1 or #2, then it becomes slightly more obvious, but only to the trained eye.

Hasci are very conservative, they would rather tell you worst case scenario than best case. I can see why they do that!
    Do you still believe in any number of their hair regeneration? I get this weird feeling sometimes that all they do is just split grafts.

Thanks for the info, GC!

Honestly, that makes me more inclined to go for an HST. If I'm shaving down to a #1 and throwing some concealer on my head anyways, I don't mind doing the same for the donor area in the future.

In my opinion a thin coverage everywhere - one that I can shave down and use a little Toppik on - is way better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post

how long is #1 and #2?

Gc, could you also elaborate on the degree of thinning you have noticed. Its the first time i see you telling that your donor seems thinner after the hst. Is that something hasci saw/knows going into your 4th procedure?