+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is RU Making my hair fall out?

Hey Guys,

New to the forum, but I've been on another HL forum for over 12 years while I work through my hairloss. This forum seems more active so I figured I would give it a shot.

Decided to stop Avodart after using it for 7 years since my wife and I are looking to conceive. Overall no big noticable sides until I was looking to conceive and noticed that I was having retrograde ejaculate. After a year and half of no luck, I decided to drop avodart. Also noticed the occassional brain fog, and I had to urinate more often on the drug. Once I was off the drug in a few months my ejaculation came back to normal. My sex drive is way up, and erections have increased big time. Could also be from vitamin supplements as well.

So, about 1-2 months after stopping avodart, I start on RU. 100mg per 1.5ml. Kirkland Minox is my vehicle. I prepare it in 3 day batches. Ordered from Kane. Also sent me Sodium Valproate, but wouldn't tell me what is was for or how to use it. Said to check the forums. No one on the other forum uses it so, I haven't done anything with it.

My regimine is RU at night (hair line, crown and top of the head), Minox only in the morning, Nizoral 3 days a week and Nioxin 3 days a week.

I am at week 5 with RU and I have been noticing a decent amount of sheeding and some density loss when I shower in the morning. Atleast 125 hairs from shampooing and then loss from the minox rub. It seems like a greater amount than before I went on RU. I haven't noticed any new hairs, but it appears from my pics that I am thinning more.

Since I'm a new RU user, I'm not sure what to look for.

Did I get a bad batch? How do I know?
    Is shedding with RU normal and how long does it last?
    Should I up or lower the amount of RU I use in each 1.5ml?

Thaks for the advice!

Its probably Kirkland's Minoxidil. RU doesn't really cause a shed, at least I havent heard stories of it doing so. I've been on RU for a long time and never had a shed from it, but once I started minox and switched concentrations of it, thats when shedding got bad.

RU is teratogenic!!!

Be very careful with your wife being exposed to RU if you are trying to conceive.

I've been using Kirkland Minox brand for well over a year now. The only difference is adding RU to the mix. Does that change the concentration off it?

Dan- thanks for the heads up- I don't let her near the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbatman View Post
    I've been using Kirkland Minox brand for well over a year now. The only difference is adding RU to the mix. Does that change the concentration off it?

Dan- thanks for the heads up- I don't let her near the stuff.
    It could be a great response to RU kickstarting your hair and causing the initial shed. If this is the case you should be seeing regrowth soon.

Could also be a shed of getting of Avodart for the RU not being able to counteract the full effect.

Either way, the shed does not mean the death of the follicle so it should come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    RU is teratogenic!!!

Be very careful with your wife being exposed to RU if you are trying to conceive.
    Yes, be very careful with your wife especially since you are trying to conceive. It will halt growth of male fetus even exposure of 1mg. Please don't take a chance of exposing your wife to it.

To answer to your questions, it is likely your shed is due to minox. Many people have reported Minox shed. Have not heard much about shed relating to RU, but there are very few cases on other hairloss forum.

To be extra safe you may want to consider the KB solution for your RU. It forms a protective film!

does anyone know if this effects her for life or if it just a temporary effect?

Hey guys,

This thread interests me very much because I'll be in the same situation by at least two years, because I wanna conceive. I’m taking Avodart since 6 years and the same sensations and concerns.

First question, did you try to conceive while you were still taking avodart?, “Overall no big noticable sides until I was looking to conceive and noticed that I was having retrograde ejaculate. After a year and half of no luck, I decided to drop avodart.”. As far as I know, is strictly forbidden conceive taking it. Because of the effects that can cause male child. Can you please, confirm me that?.

Did you do after a month-month and a half blood test to find out you were clean?.

Did you also do sperm analysis?. Why didn’t you start taking Propecia?.

I tried with the RU (from Kane, OC) two years ago and as I had a lot of fall after few weeks and I left it. I wanna to start again with RU next year.

That fall that you’re speaking about is insane ☹, hope you get the key. :’)

I will follow your thread carefully.

All the best,
    Xabi from Spain

What puzzels me is I've had minox sheds previously when I've changed brands. I have been using kirkland for a couple years now atleast. The difference is minox is now being used with RU combined, so, I don't know if that's causing the minox to change to the point where it's causing a shed. If so, how long does a shed usually last? This seems rather long (5 weeks and counting).