Best doctor in California for hairline restoration? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Best doctor in California for hairline restoration?

Hi all,

I am a 22 year old female with a damaged hairline from an old hair pulling habit. I've been told my only option to fix my hairline is surgery, since the damage is permanent. I'm trying to find the best doctor in California, but I'm not sure which method, FUE or FUT, I should choose. From this list, http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/california/ I chose Dr. Ziering to make an in-person consultation with. However, I sent an email consultation to Dr. Umar, who I've heard is the best hair transplant doctor in California. I just learned that Dr. Umar only does FUE. So I would just like advice on what I should do in terms of choosing a doctor and what I should ask about during my consultation. Also, I will be going on Accutane pretty soon, so I was wondering if it will have any effect on my plans to have this surgery.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by shinybootsofleather View Post
    Hi all,

I am a 22 year old female with a damaged hairline from an old hair pulling habit. I've been told my only option to fix my hairline is surgery, since the damage is permanent. I'm trying to find the best doctor in California, but I'm not sure which method, FUE or FUT, I should choose. From this list, http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/california/ I chose Dr. Ziering to make an in-person consultation with. However, I sent an email consultation to Dr. Umar, who I've heard is the best hair transplant doctor in California. I just learned that Dr. Umar only does FUE. So I would just like advice on what I should do in terms of choosing a doctor and what I should ask about during my consultation. Also, I will be going on Accutane pretty soon, so I was wondering if it will have any effect on my plans to have this surgery.

Thanks!
    There are several IAHRS surgeons in California so you should probably meet with a few of them to get an idea of your options. If you're wiling to shave your head FUE could be an option but I think most women opt for FUT since they usually keep their hair fairly long.

Accutane is notorious for causing hair loss so you should talk to your doctor about it before even thinking about surgery.

Default For sure, go see Dr. Umar

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    There are several IAHRS surgeons in California so you should probably meet with a few of them to get an idea of your options. If you're wiling to shave your head FUE could be an option but I think most women opt for FUT since they usually keep their hair fairly long.

Accutane is notorious for causing hair loss so you should talk to your doctor about it before even thinking about surgery.
    Without a doubt, I would go see Dr. Umar. He has changed my life.

Plus, it is my understanding that he can do his type of FUE without shaving your head.

all the best to you.

Take Care, baseballcap
    Last edited by caphead; 07-30-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: adding

Quote Originally Posted by shinybootsofleather View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks!
    Just curious if you ever got your hair transplant and how the results turned out - and also curious who you decided to go with. As much as I love seeing us men get our hair loss under control, there's something extra special about seeing women having success with hair restoration. I was in Dr. Mohebi's office a couple weeks ago for an open house, and several of his former female patients were there - it really opened my eyes to just how much of an impact a good procedure can have on women dealing with hair loss.

Would love to see pictures if you have any.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

It is better to concern with more doctors in California so that you have a clear picture in your mind.