Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

PrettyFly; what's your regimen?

Comment

• hellouser
      • May 2012

Originally posted by PrettyFly83
      Hey Hellouser, yip I'd say pretty much NW6 if not I would be by the end of year. I have looked through old photo's on facebook to track my progression and can summarize it as such:
      19: Started noticing increased hair fall in my study book etc
      21: Noticed temples thinning (NW1.5)
      23: Increased Temple and top thinning (NW2)
      24: Significant thinning on top (NW3)
      25-26: Loss of density all over (NW4 but could trace NW6 thinning - started buzzing)
      28: Bald top no temples (NW5)
      30: (Now) complete loss with some minor stubborn terminal hairs sporadically spaced (NW6)

Current status after 2.5 months treatment is still NW5 as the new hairs are still very fine and not densely spaced but if it keeps going I'd say an NW3 is in reach. I'm not expecting to rewind more than 6 years but who knows...Hope that helps.
      Thank you!

This is definitely exciting for diffuse thinners, too bad my temples are shot! Hopefully I can regain some hair in that area.

Comment

• Borealis
        • Mar 2013

Well I have pretty long hair on top anyway (I'm a NW2/3 maybe, with only very slight thinning on top), but it's my hairline that affects me the most. So the growth thing may not affect me so much. The ice thing sounds like a good idea, I may try that!

Thanks, and good luck to you. Keep going with it and I expect you to be a NW1 this time next year

Comment

• PrettyFly83
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by clandestine
          PrettyFly; what's your regimen?
          Hey Clandestine, check out pages 5 and 6 of the thread, think its all there. Let me know if you got any queries?

Comment

• clandestine
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by PrettyFly83
            Hey Clandestine, check out pages 5 and 6 of the thread, think its all there. Let me know if you got any queries?
            Thanks.

Looks like you've got some regrowth; good job!

Comment

• Pentarou
              • Apr 2013

Quick misc. question about derma rolling: can you use them successfully without having buzzed hair?

Comment

• hellouser
                • May 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
                Quick misc. question about derma rolling: can you use them successfully without having buzzed hair?
                As long as it wounds the skin, you should be fine. If the dermaroller is going overtop your existing hair, you'll probably need longer needles.

Comment

• Pentarou
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
                  As long as it wounds the skin, you should be fine. If the dermaroller is going overtop your existing hair, you'll probably need longer needles.
                  Ah, I see. I don't have any bald areas if that helps, I'm a diffuse Nw2.5. Still worth a shot?

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by Pentarou
                    Ah, I see. I don't have any bald areas if that helps, I'm a diffuse Nw2.5. Still worth a shot?
                    Hell yeah.

Comment

• justeone
                      • Nov 2011

I'm ordering one today too
                      Remember guys , we are out for blood .

Comment

• greatjob!
                        • Aug 2011

In the study they say they used the derma roller on the scalp "until mild erythema was noted" that doesn't really suggest they drew blood during treatment, but until mild redness was noticed on the skin.

Comment

• StayThick
                          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by greatjob!
                          In the study they say they used the derma roller on the scalp "until mild erythema was noted" that doesn't really suggest they drew blood during treatment, but until mild redness was noticed on the skin.
                          This. You are not suppose to apply so much pressure on the scalp it draws blood. That's extremely excessive.

I personally apply enough pressure where it's very unpleasant and my skin turns a semi-bright red. NO BLOOD. It even stings 10-15 minutes after application until I wake up the next morning.

I think that's the purpose of the study..not stabbing yourself with dozens of needles while blood pours down your face.

Comment

• hellouser
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                            This. You are not suppose to apply so much pressure on the scalp it draws blood. That's extremely excessive.

I personally apply enough pressure where it's very unpleasant and my skin turns a semi-bright red. NO BLOOD. It even stings 10-15 minutes after application until I wake up the next morning.

I think that's the purpose of the study..not stabbing yourself with dozens of needles while blood pours down your face.
                            Well no wonder Jesus never went bald... that thorny crown did him good.

Comment

• the_dude78
                              • May 2011

I can't help but wonder why we haven't really heard much about this before or seen any real results except from the study linked by OP and the photos from the user PrettyFly83. I mean it has been around for some years. I hope it's because they simply have been doing it wrong and been focusing on absorption and/or not stuck with it long enough. Anyway, I will definitely give it a try and use it once a week.

Comment

• hellouser
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by the_dude78
                                I can't help but wonder why we haven't really heard much about this before or seen any real results except from the study linked by OP and the photos from the user PrettyFly83. I mean it has been around for some years. I hope it's because they simply have been doing it wrong and been focusing on absorption and/or not stuck with it long enough. Anyway, I will definitely give it a try and use it once a week.
                                Not a lot of people were doing it consistently and especially nowhere near enough with wounding. It also requires minoxidil as well.

Cotsarelis did mention back in around 2007 that wounding skin induces WNT proteins which helps hair grow, the same protein histogen uses for their injection method.

I hope we all get results.

Comment

Working...