Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilopster
    • Jan 2017

Does it matter which solution is used to store harvested grafts for during HT?

Hi, I am 36 years old male and going for HT in March, my Dr in London just confirmed me he uses Chilled Saline solution to store harvested grafts while he is doing the incision. Please can you advise how effective is the saline solution for this purpose? Is there a huge difference in yield when compared saline with other solutions to store the grafts?

Last thing, is it better to spray ATP after the HT? this see lot of doctors on different forms suggesting that, but by doctor do not provide ATP after HT.

Comment

• hresults
      • Feb 2017

Hey Miiw!

Thank you so much for sharing your success with your current treatment.

I would just like to know your reasoning for using 0,3mm roller on everyother day (Or was it twice a week?)

and u used a 1mm 540 needle derma roller instead of a 1,5mm 192 needle roller as in the study.

Any particular reason why?

Comment

• justthinning
        • Feb 2017

3 Year Update, ~6 months since last progress pics
        I would love it if you posted an update in May 2017, just to really prove fred970 wrong!

Keep up the awesome work!

Comment

• PaulAnds
          • Jan 2017

I will start dermarolling this week. Seems to work fine for some. Is your scalp red after rolling? If so, how long is it red?

Comment

• justthinning
            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by PaulAnds
            I will start dermarolling this week. Seems to work fine for some. Is your scalp red after rolling? If so, how long is it red?
            Assuming you are talking to me, then I can't answer, because I have not even started microneedling yet.

I'm still waiting for my stuff to arrive, that is, Minoxidil and the dermapen. I will try to let you know how things are going, when I actually do begin to microneedle. Can't wait to start, and can't wait to see how things goes in six to twelve months time.

Six to twelve months is long, but looking at how long it took PrettyFly86 to go from a slick NW5a/NW6 to having some hair, I'm not going to hold my breath. But I am still pretty optimistic about potential results in 12 months time.

Comment

• HMDWN
              • Nov 2015

Originally posted by justthinning
              Assuming you are talking to me, then I can't answer, because I have not even started microneedling yet.

I'm still waiting for my stuff to arrive, that is, Minoxidil and the dermapen. I will try to let you know how things are going, when I actually do begin to microneedle. Can't wait to start, and can't wait to see how things goes in six to twelve months time.

Six to twelve months is long, but looking at how long it took PrettyFly86 to go from a slick NW5a/NW6 to having some hair, I'm not going to hold my breath. But I am still pretty optimistic about potential results in 12 months time.
              By applying the Derma Pan yourself (assuming you are) do you feel you will be able to apply it properly to get uniform coverage? The Roller can be done almost being blindfolded.

Comment

• justthinning
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by HMDWN
                By applying the Derma Pan yourself (assuming you are) do you feel you will be able to apply it properly to get uniform coverage? The Roller can be done almost being blindfolded.
                I certainly hope I would get uniform coverage.

I am also anxious about starting microneedling using a dermapen. Dermarolling has been shown to work quite well, in two published studies. Where as, there does not seem to be any data regarding dermapen being applied to bald/balding scalp. So, pragmatically, if I really did want my hair back, I should settle for something tried and tested, therefore I should be using a dermaroller instead of a dermapen.

However, it is believed that the reason why dermarolling works is because it damages the skin just enough for the wounding mechanism to promote hair growth (such as Wnt signaling to promote hair growth, the synthesis of pge2, etc.). But because this is a hypothesis, falsification is needed, and the only way to falsify is to actually experiment.

As an added bonus, I'll experiment without the use of Minoxidil, so that we can confirm it's indeed wounding+minoxidil that is doing the hard work, and not just wounding.

So I'll act as the guinea pig so that none of you would have to waste time. However, as a guy with thinning hair, I really hope the hypothesis is correct; I want my hair back after all, especially in a low-pain/pain-free manner. A dermapen is believed to be less painful than a dermaroller.

Comment

• justthinning
                  • Feb 2017

Turns out, dermapen is still somewhat painful, but I didn't get any bleeding.

Comment

• justthinning
                    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by BBay
                    I started with derma rolling too painful and inaccurate. Moved to micro pen with a doctors prescription formulas do at home once every 2-3 weeks 10-15 minutes each time.
                    What's the doctor's prescription formula?

Comment

• justthinning
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by BBay
                      3- i am not going to use finasteride or other chemicals , do you think will be a decent try? or i must combine it with some medicines?
                      he has 2 formulas one with nutrients and vitamins that you rub in once you micro needle and the second is pharmceutical you need doc prescription to to get it
                      You've mentioned it here, too. What's this pharmaceutical that they give you? What does it say in the label?

Comment

• Annon36
                        • Jan 2016

how are guys, who had some good results, doing?

Comment

• marklin
                          • Jan 2017

Miiw, Do you use iodine solution, Betadine, to sterile your scalp before dermarolling? There are two other user, state that the Betadine may help too. Just wonder if you did apply Betadine or not? Thanks.

Comment

• tomjones1
                            • Nov 2016

Hi Elvis I've been waiting for some feedback on how the dermarolling with minox once per week is going? I really have a difficult time with both minox and fin sides so I'm really intrigued by minox once per week. Thanks
                            Originally posted by elvispresley
                            ok thanks guys,

today i will start minoxidil spray + dermaroller 1mm once a week. (next week i will add also the 0.25mm dermaroller 2x a week, so total 3x dermarolled x week 1mm x1 0.25mm x2)

i will use minoxidil also once a week. 24 hours after the derma rolling.

i have a question , how do you clean the dermaroller ? and how often you clean it?

thank you.

Comment

• tomjones1
                              • Nov 2016

microneedling without minox

@justthinning: how is your micro needling without minox going? Notice anything?

Comment

• elvispresley
                                • Jun 2011

hi tomjones until now nothing improved ... it will be nice to see how Miiw is going

Comment

Working...