Dermarolling Community Trial

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chimera
    • Aug 2012

I do am seeing results, so I think it works to a certain degree. But I am 100% convinced no one is going to get the awesome results the study suggested.

I have a lot, and I mean A LOT of new small hairs all over my scalp (they are not vellus, they are terminal hairs, but very, very small... maybe they will get as big as the rest of my hair, but if they do, it will probably take many, many hair cycles for it... probably even years).

Anyway... I'm going to continue... as I am more interested in see what it does for my existing hair...

Comment

• DifferentLine
      • Feb 2013

Is there any use in starting this if I'm not using Minoxidil?

Comment

• the_dude78
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Hairismylife
        My dermaroller has arrived.
        But so far the dermarolling result is good or not?
        Can anyone dermarolling report your latest condition?

I've been dermarolling since august and I do it every 3rd week. Shedding has gone way down and I see traces of my juvenile hairline now. So it works but it takes longer to see results than the 6 weeks the study suggests, and I doubt that the 12 week photos are really from week 12 - rather 6-8 months. I'm not saying i'm about to regrow all of my juvenile hairline, because that's just not realistic, but there is definitely progress.

I'm also on fin and has been for about 4 years, but even on fin I would be shedding. Especially in the past year or so I've been shedding a lot, and I could very easily pull out hairs. Around October shedding was reduced significantly and regrowth is now getting more and more obvious.. But it takes time to see results, more than 6 weeks.

And I use minox too of course, but only once a day as opposed to the 2 times a day in the study.

So you should definitely give a try, but give it more than 6 weeks.

Comment

• greatjob!
          • Aug 2011

I really think there is something to this, I think we're just missing some key ingredient or have to work out some timing issue. This is why I'm hopeful that Follica will come out with something.

I too can feel small hairs on my scalp like little pricks when I run my fingers over my head, it feels similar to when I had my hair transplant when the hairs started growing. The difference is that the hair transplant hairs grew, but these little hairs seem to be stuck in limbo which is why I think we're missing something. I'm going to continue with this for a full year to see if they mature or not.

Comment

• hellouser
            • May 2012

Originally posted by greatjob!
            I really think there is something to this, I think we're just missing some key ingredient or have to work out some timing issue. This is why I'm hopeful that Follica will come out with something.

I too can feel small hairs on my scalp like little pricks when I run my fingers over my head, it feels similar to when I had my hair transplant when the hairs started growing. The difference is that the hair transplant hairs grew, but these little hairs seem to be stuck in limbo which is why I think we're missing something. I'm going to continue with this for a full year to see if they mature or not.
            I'm still thinking its FGF-9... god damn it I wanna try it. If only we knew its safety.

Comment

• LevonHelms
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Hairismylife
              My dermaroller has arrived.
              But so far the dermarolling result is good or not?
              Can anyone dermarolling report your latest condition?
              Go for it man. I'm still seeing results, slow and steady. I plan to continue indefinitely. TheDude is right though, it doesn't happen overnight. Just be consistent.

Comment

• greatjob!
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
                I'm still thinking its FGF-9... god damn it I wanna try it. If only we knew its safety.
                Yeah I wouldn't try it myself since it's related to tumor stimulation

Comment

• clandestine
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by greatjob!
                  Yeah I wouldn't try it myself since it's related to tumor stimulation
                  Maybe the tumors will have hair on them.

Comment

• StayThick
                    • Oct 2012

Does Kane's growth factors have FGF-9 in it?

Don't believe it does, but people that have used that haven't got tumors...

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                      Does Kane's growth factors have FGF-9 in it?

Don't believe it does, but people that have used that haven't got tumors...
                      Nope, no FGF-9. It contains nanog and VEGF i think.

Comment

• bigentries
                        • Dec 2011

OK, so this was week 14, and I had no cosmetic improvement

However, I'm starting to see SOME peach fuzz, and around 4 tiny vellus hairs

Still nothing close to what the study suggested, but I'm questioning whether to keep going until the end of year or not. Because I know my first rollings weren't deep enough

Comment

• Tacola
                          • Dec 2011

Hi,

I know I could read through the whole thread, but hopefully someone can sum up things for me very briefly. I have had a long break from this site, but visited to day and found this thread interesting.

My questions are:

- What kind of dermaroller is suggested? How do I use it?
                          - Is it ok to use it with Minox?
                          - How often do you use the dermaroller? As often as I apply Minox? I apply it 1-2 times a day.
                          - Are there any sideeffects?

In advance, many thanks for the update. In my opinion the sollution might as well come from the forum as from one of the companies. Keep it going!

Comment

• Chromeo
                            • Dec 2012

- 1.5mm needle dermaroller. Some argue 192 needle rollers are better than 540 needles.
                            - Yes, in fact you are supposed to use it with Minox to replicate the study. However, it is suggested that you should avoid applying Minox until 24 hours after rolling for safety reasons.
                            - The dermaroller should be used once a week to replicate the study. You should be seeing blood if you are applying enough pressure with a 1.5mm roller.
                            - Slight redness and tenderness of the scalp for up to a day or so after a heavy rolling session. Some shedding of dead skin is fairly common.

Good luck!

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                              • Mar 2013

guys i think i see new hairs

Comment

• Hairismylife
                                • Jun 2012

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                                guys i think i see new hairs
                                Congratulation!
                                Do you roll to bleed or mild red?