• Show
Clear All
  • hiilikeyourbeard
    • Jun 2013

wish this worked in conjunction with something besides minox

Comment

• Dan26
      • Jul 2012

PatientlyWaiting, how long did it take you to see new hairs on your hairline from minox?

And bro, stay strong. You have your whole life a head of you, do whatever you can to fight this monster for now, but realize there is a very good chance, as long as you have the money, that one day you will be able to get your hair back, and still have a large chunk of life ahead of you to enjoy it

Comment

• Axel
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
        I've used the dermaroller every day since I got it 4 days ago, I don't use it like in the study. I do not use it to draw blood, just enough to redden the skin. So far I see new hairs in the right side of my hairline, similar quick results to what starting dut+rogaine gave me. I will not show pics anymore because i'm really bummed out from what happened last time, when dut/rogaine gave me good results then alopecia areata kicked in and ruined my progress. I just don't care anymore, and don't really care if any one believes me, sorry for the attitude but it's just how I feel about my hair loss at this point. If it works, fine, but I expect AA to ruin everything like it always has.

But yeah, micro needling your head and using minoxidil definitely does bring new hair. I'm sold on this after seeing it with my own eyes on my own hair line.
        C'mon guys read the science behind the procedure... There's no point in rolling everyday since fgf9 is overexpressed 5 days after the skin disruption. With a peak in between day 5 and day 11 or so (there's a nice graph showing this somewhere in one of these dermarrolling threads)..

This means ideally you should stop rolling and let the skin recover. I'd say rolling sessions spaced with 10 to 14 days are much better... Is an interesting variation of the study that should be tested.

Comment

• DesperateOne
          • Jul 2013

Originally posted by Axel
          C'mon guys read the science behind the procedure... There's no point in rolling everyday since fgf9 is overexpressed 5 days after the skin disruption. With a peak in between day 5 and day 11 or so (there's a nice graph showing this somewhere in one of these dermarrolling threads)..

This means ideally you should stop rolling and let the skin recover. I'd say rolling sessions spaced with 10 to 14 days are much better... Is an interesting variation of the study that should be tested.
          Thanks for the info, I needed to know the ideal time to add the minox. I have read more of the science and it does make sense to wait longer than a week since there's more to healing than just inflammation.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

I bought the dermaroller to see if it helps minoxidil absorb better, not for the skin wounding science behind it.

Dan, minoxidil+dut I started those two at the same time in March 13th of this year, I saw results in about 3 weeks, but it halted/lost ground 4 months in due to alopecia areata coming back in about 8 different spots all over the top of my head. I have yet to recover the hair I regrew from dut+rogaine but now in the 4th day I am seeing a little bit of recovery on my hairline, but I am not excited at all because I have seen this before.

Back to Axel, I am just posting in this thread because I am using microneedling for MBP. I am not following the instructions in the opening post/study. I want to purposely do it like this, I read the study already.

Comment

• MackJames
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
              I bought the dermaroller to see if it helps minoxidil absorb better, not for the skin wounding science behind it.

Dan, minoxidil+dut I started those two at the same time in March 13th of this year, I saw results in about 3 weeks, but it halted/lost ground 4 months in due to alopecia areata coming back in about 8 different spots all over the top of my head. I have yet to recover the hair I regrew from dut+rogaine but now in the 4th day I am seeing a little bit of recovery on my hairline, but I am not excited at all because I have seen this before.

Back to Axel, I am just posting in this thread because I am using microneedling for MBP. I am not following the instructions in the opening post/study. I want to purposely do it like this, I read the study already.
              I've been using my clobetasol prop foam

Comment

• StayThick
                • Oct 2012

Just finished my derma-rolling session for this week and man was the pain more excruciating today than in prior past weeks. Had to take multiple breaks and bite on a towel as I rolled. Man, the stuff I do in an attempt to save my hair. I'm actually embarrassed with myself that I'm spending a Saturday night applying topicals and cutting my scalp.

I changed it up and applied Lipogaine right after. As expected, the liquid stung the moment it touched my skin. So far, no Minox sides to report with this method.

Comment

• RisingFist
                  • Nov 2012

Originally posted by hiilikeyourbeard
                  wish this worked in conjunction with something besides minox
                  Who says it doesn't. There are some people not using topicals or trying castor oil, sulfur I think, etc. It's hard to decide what alternative is best but there certainly are alternatives.

Comment

• hellouser
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by RisingFist
                    Who says it doesn't. There are some people not using topicals or trying castor oil, sulfur I think, etc. It's hard to decide what alternative is best but there certainly are alternatives.
                    There's some evidence that DHT inhibits release of WNT proteins. Taking finasteride may actually promote WNT, a la Histogen and give increased growth factors to help regrow hairs.

I've been tempted to take Finasteride once a week just to see how it effects the wounding theory.

Comment

• MackJames
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by hellouser
                      There's some evidence that DHT inhibits release of WNT proteins. Taking finasteride may actually promote WNT, a la Histogen and give increased growth factors to help regrow hairs.

I've been tempted to take Finasteride once a week just to see how it effects the wounding theory.
                      Topical fin and rolling? I understand their would be side effects.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                        • Mar 2013

squeegee the french canuck guy on hair loss talk sees major improvements...

maybe someone registered there asks him for pics?

Comment

• MackJames
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MackJames
                          I've been using my clobetasol prop foam
                          Clobetasol may also be a pdg2 antagonist. I have AA like patiently. I was prescribed clobetasol for psoriasis of the scalp. I've been applying it to my scalp for about a week.

Comment

• RisingFist
                            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by hellouser

I wouldn't recommend it but if you wanna gamble...Why not valerian root extract in liquid form. I think I posted a study early in this thread. It increases wnt signaling (even taking the oral supplement for deep sleep helps). There are a few supplements that help with wnt signaling. I don't know them from the top of my head but should be easy to find. What we should also see is FGF supplements since it seems to be the new player in the puzzle. I know some are going hardcore and getting growth factors from kane but I would like to try a more natural approach if possible.

Also, where are Canadians ordering their rollers from? I want to buy 2. One 0.5mm for once a week rolling and one 1.5mm for once a month. If anyone has recommendations since it's expensive here. Don't want it too cheap where some needles might be stuck in your head, that would be a nightmare.

Comment

• RisingFist
                              • Nov 2012

I should post this study in here as well http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554...9554-3-138.php

It is very interesting. The author has gmail so you can ask for details if you want. Please read and discuss. It's quite fascinating and completely free to incorporate.

Comment

• walrus
                                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by RisingFist
                                I should post this study in here as well http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554...9554-3-138.php

It is very interesting. The author has gmail so you can ask for details if you want. Please read and discuss. It's quite fascinating and completely free to incorporate.
                                Not very impressed by this study. No real stats, and language such as: "The rubbing motion promotes relaxation and feels good, thus increasing the production of good chemicals." is very unscientific and unfounded.

Comment

Working...