+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 254 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFly83 View Post
    http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/Pr...dd798.jpg.html

Hi Arashi

Hopefully you can view this will upload the originals too
    Hey PrettyFly,

Can you tell us how long you've been losing your hair?

From the before photos, you look like pretty much a full norwood 6 with almost a completely slick bald head from crown to front of head. Is this a fair assumption?

I felt light headed, had an increased/rapid heart rate, and got a general feeling of uneasiness. I remember searching on the internet/forums afterwards and found some people who experienced similar effects, but also many who didn't experience anything. I also came across some general warnings...i.e: http://tiny.cc/s8c00w

Quote Originally Posted by Barron View Post
    I felt light headed, had an increased/rapid heart rate, and got a general feeling of uneasiness. I remember searching on the internet/forums afterwards and found some people who experienced similar effects, but also many who didn't experience anything. I also came across some general warnings...i.e: http://tiny.cc/s8c00w
    That's why you don't use minoxidil on the same day you use the derma roller

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    That's why you don't use minoxidil on the same day you use the derma roller
    Isn't that the best window of opportunity though for maximum absorption and stimulating growth?

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Isn't that the best window of opportunity though for maximum absorption and stimulating growth?
    From the study isn't is about wounding and stimulating growth pathways not absorption. In the study they didn't use minox on the days they used the dema roller. Systemic absorption of minox can be dangerous.

From the study:

Microneedling procedure

The shaven scalp was prepared with betadine and normal saline. A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in a longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted, which was considered as the end point of the procedure. All patients were instructed not to apply Minoxidil on the day of procedure and to resume its application only 24 h after the Microneedling procedure.

I know the study states a 24 hour waiting period, but other than the potential system side effects... why?

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    how about the difference between titanium and surgical steel? In this site they sell a dermaroller claim to be made on surgical steel wich, i think, it could be better

I know the study states a 24 hour waiting period, but other than the potential system side effects... why?
    I think you're answering your own question, spinning in circles. The wounds the 1.5mm roller create are quite deep. My entire scalp was bleeding with enough force to get any type of penetration.

Hey guys

I just wana make sure people understand I didn't follow the study/theory because I started my regime before it was published - if I had started after I would have definitely followed their routine of 1.5mm roller and no minox on rolling days. These are doctors/scientists who (I'm assuming) have some facts and science behind their choices. I was just following the roller marketing by trying to firstly decrease my sunspots (which has worked by the way) and secondly increase absorption of minox. By the way, has anyone tried to contact the authors of the study to get more detail on their method? I think this is key!

Onto queries:

Quote Originally Posted by JDW View Post
    Thanks for the link, interesting about the smaller length, not sure to go with that or what the trial used...
    I'd recommend the 1.5mm as the study used. The reason I think I'm seeing results is, unlike other people I get pain and blood from a 0.5mm which shows me I'm wounding deep enough. This could be either due to 1. I have thin skin 2. My lack of hair allowing the needles to penetrate deep 3. My method of rolling which includes pressure and frequency. If my results start to slow I will likely upgrade to a 1.5mm.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Have you noticed any regrowth on the temples?
    The re growth has been slowest as the places I lost my hair first. Temples and the top of my head, in front of crown thinned around 7 years ago so it makes sense that regrowth is the most stubborn here. I will try find a descent before and current picture of the temple area and upload to photobucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Barron View Post
    What's the consensus on applying Minox immediately after scalp rolling? The participants in the study did not apply Minox on the day they scalp rolled, while PrettyFly83, who saw great results as well, did.

When I applied Minox directly after scalp rolling, I got some pretty undesired side-effects during the hours afterwards; but applying Emu oil right afterwards is working great so far.
    Again I feel follow the study but its up to you. If you are getting side effects however, rather avoid straight after. I haven't felt anything after. Forgot to add, I also use Emu oil on occasion as the generic minox really dries out my scalp and the Emu helps moisturize. Whether the science behind it is true I'm not sure but I just prefer it over some chemical based moisturizer.

Hey PrettyFly,

Can you tell us how long you've been losing your hair?

From the before photos, you look like pretty much a full norwood 6 with almost a completely slick bald head from crown to front of head. Is this a fair assumption?
    Hey Hellouser, yip I'd say pretty much NW6 if not I would be by the end of year. I have looked through old photo's on facebook to track my progression and can summarize it as such:
    19: Started noticing increased hair fall in my study book etc
    21: Noticed temples thinning (NW1.5)
    23: Increased Temple and top thinning (NW2)
    24: Significant thinning on top (NW3)
    25-26: Loss of density all over (NW4 but could trace NW6 thinning - started buzzing)
    28: Bald top no temples (NW5)
    30: (Now) complete loss with some minor stubborn terminal hairs sporadically spaced (NW6)

Current status after 2.5 months treatment is still NW5 as the new hairs are still very fine and not densely spaced but if it keeps going I'd say an NW3 is in reach. I'm not expecting to rewind more than 6 years but who knows...Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mari0s View Post
    how about the difference between titanium and surgical steel? In this site they sell a dermaroller claim to be made on surgical steel wich, i think, it could be better
    When I chose mine they made some marketing claim that titanium was more sterile that surgical steel and was less susceptible to corrosion, I say bollocks, there is a reason why all surgical instruments are steel. I don't think it should make a difference.

I hope all are taking pictures! trust me I would have stopped if I didn't see the pictures, its very hard to tell progress just by looking at the mirror everyday!

Here is a top shot of temples showing a 2 month progression. Zoom in to see the small regrowth. Top of the picture is the front of my hairline.
    http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/Pr...tml?sort=3&o=0

Hope this helps everyone

Good luck!!