+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    hellouser, do you also believe that my dermaroller should be 1.5mm and NOT less in order to get positive results?
    Remember that much of this "hair growth through growth factors" is kind of new (but not completely new). Dermaroller has been used for ages, but it has not been used to damage the follicles, just to improve absorption. You can improve absorption with a 0.5 or a 1.0 mm dermaroller, and that's why you will find that is the right size from every guy who sells dermarollers, but we are after another thing: damage, that is why you need a longer one.

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    I suppose they choose 1.5 because they didn't care about improving absorption, they were trying to another thing, which is the release of growth factors. They had to damage the follicle.

And, in most people, follicles are 1.5 to 2.0 mm deep. You won't be able to damage your follicles at 1.0, much less at 0.5
    The rationale makes sense, but it still remains to be tested properly.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Does the study say WHY they choose 1.5mm? If not, then perhaps the effect of different needle size was not tested. Much of this is still unknown. 0.5mm might work just as well, but we can't say for sure. If the paper is to be believed, all we do know is that they got results using 1.5mm. So until we have evidence on the contrary (from a properly designed study), the same needle size would be advisable.
    The study clearly says at the end that there are still questions about needle size, periodicity, mechanisms, etc.

I don't understand why people are even speculating about better approaches

If the study is legit, the results should be reproducible, if they aren't, most of the speculation is probably going to lead nowhere.
    First we need enough experiences with the study as it is, then we can play armchair scientists, but we need at least 12 weeks to be sure

I'm doing my part, reproducing the study the best I can, if I see something, I'll post pics

I'll wait to see if other members get results from this. I hope it doesn't end up like Cetirizine.

See you in November!

Is there any point trying dermaroller on its own without Minox or anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Is there any point trying dermaroller on its own without Minox or anything else?
    Yes, there could be. I posted an article from the 1980s about a man being a scalp burn victim. Once his wounds healed, he regrew all of his hair in the burned area.

This is what I am currently trying myself.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This is what I am currently trying myself.
    The thing is, I've never been on ANY hair medication and I'm really afraid of what could happen if I start using minoxidil for the first time in my life and use the dermaroller too (eg. massive shed).

Were the patients in the clinical trials new to minoxidil too? Or was the study done just by adding the dermaroller to a regimen that already included applying minoxidil on the scalp many year prior to the dermaroller use?

I fear the shed. That's all that's stopping me from using minox. I guess I'll have to get over it some time, I just don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    The thing is, I've never been on ANY hair medication and I'm really afraid of what could happen if I start using minoxidil for the first time in my life and use the dermaroller too (eg. massive shed).

Were the patients in the clinical trials new to minoxidil too? Or was the study done just by adding the dermaroller to a regimen that already included applying minoxidil on the scalp many year prior to the dermaroller use?

I fear the shed. That's all that's stopping me from using minox. I guess I'll have to get over it some time, I just don't know how.
    This is not one of those things where you need to get over your fear and all will be well.

Your fear may well be merited. As for me I stay away from minoxidil because i fear both the shed and the wrinkles in the face some people have experienced.

This is not one of those things where you need to get over your fear and all will be well.

Your fear may well be merited. As for me I stay away from minoxidil because i fear both the shed and the wrinkles in the face some people have experienced.
    The shed always comes back either to its same previous density or better. It just may take a while for it to happen.