+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 254 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    If you mean the experimentation going on, can you blame us guys? The pipeline is dry until the end of the decade, with only Cosmo's CB to look forward to between now and then (unless GSK get Avodart phase III'd as a hair loss treatment). Even us guys who can use finasteride sans problemo realise it has only very limited omph to regrow hair. These guys experimenting aren't killing or bankrupting themselves, and can at least use their experiences to rule out dead ends.
    I'd say BIM is also guarenteed to come out(it's been proven to cause some growth, they just want to get more) within the next couple years. They already or are about to start phase IIb(which was pretty quick).

Histogen has a strong chance as well, but we'll see about that. They need to get to IIb already!

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    Damn, so do you mean that I have to return it? I hope they accept refund otherwise Im f***d up. Nanogen 0.5mm titanium scalp roller is quite expensive

Guys any thoughts about length of the needle? Should it really be 1.5mm to benefit from it?
    You need 1.5mm for wounding, as the study shows. You can use 0.5mm for skin so maybe keep it anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    You need 1.5mm for wounding, as the study shows. You can use 0.5mm for skin so maybe keep it anyways.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derma-Roller...item20cd469374

There is a table under the Item description about which mm is suitable for your purpose. I think its the recommended one in the video posted by john2399.

It says for HairRegeneration,Regrowth, we have to use 0.25 or 0.3 or 0.5 and maximum 0.75!!! Any comment about that?

There is a table under the Item description about which mm is suitable for your purpose. I think its the recommended one in the video posted by john2399.

It says for HairRegeneration,Regrowth, we have to use 0.25 or 0.3 or 0.5 and maximum 0.75!!! Any comment about that?
    I wouldnt trust any claims from eBay over BTT members... except for one obvious member.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I wouldnt trust any claims from eBay over BTT members... except for one obvious member.
    hellouser, do you also believe that my dermaroller should be 1.5mm and NOT less in order to get positive results?

hellouser, do you also believe that my dermaroller should be 1.5mm and NOT less in order to get positive results?
    I think it largely depends how deep your follicles are and skin thickness will play a major part in that. Everyone is different, my skin may be thicker than yours also I know that it is quite thin in my temples. However, even when I roll with the 1.5mm, I don't get anywhere near the kind of bleeding that some patients got in the videos posted here (like that woman running the dermaroller all over the guys face and neck). I only get small dots of blood here and there.

I think I will order another dermaroller around 1.5mm

I have 2 options:-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Titanium-der...item4171dddfb4

OR

Which one do you recommend? Any thoughts guys? I have to make a decision as soon as possible.

Does the study say WHY they choose 1.5mm? If not, then perhaps the effect of different needle size was not tested. Much of this is still unknown. 0.5mm might work just as well, but we can't say for sure. If the paper is to be believed, all we do know is that they got results using 1.5mm. So until we have evidence on the contrary (from a properly designed study), the same needle size would be advisable.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Does the study say WHY they choose 1.5mm? If not, then perhaps the effect of different needle size was not tested. Much of this is still unknown. 0.5mm might work just as well, but we can't say for sure. If the paper is to be believed, all we do know is that they got results using 1.5mm. So until we have evidence on the contrary (from a properly designed study), the same needle size would be advisable.
    I suppose they choose 1.5 because they didn't care about improving absorption, they were trying to another thing, which is the release of growth factors. They had to damage the follicle.

And, in most people, follicles are 1.5 to 2.0 mm deep. You won't be able to damage your follicles at 1.0, much less at 0.5

I hope everyone is doing well. I figured a little update.....so I would say even last month I could gently rub in the baldest areas of my crown and feel no hair just skin. Today doing the same thing I feel something there. I sure it is still blond but I think this is a good sign. I am scared to take a new pic but will do so in 3 more weeks. I took my baseline pics a few weeks back.

BTW guys I know how all of you feel. Been going thru this for 21 years. I just hope if this doesn't work that something good is around the corner. I have been taking care of my skin for a very long time and I do not look 40. With a hat on I can pass for 30. I just hope by the time I am 45 I can feel the wind in my hair again. Take care of your skin and its true the gym really helps balance the mind and stress factors we all have. Your day will come.....

Ghost