+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hybrid View

Regular derma-rolling isn't going to cause scarring of the scalp tissue, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    Women and men use it for acne, wrinkles, etc. already. I haven't heard of reported scarring so we should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    It is actually being used as a treatment for scarring, so I would think that is not an issue

I just did my second session of dermarolling today... holy crap, its painful and STINGS a lot after. Much like you guys, I too had an odd sensation; watery eyes mostly. My entire scalp is quite red though, more bleeding than last time but not so much as to look like I just went through war (just a bunch of red dots). I pressed harder on the dermaroller this time making sure I was piercing/wounding skin. Fact is, 1.5mm is all you're going to penetrate with a 1.5mm dermaroller. You might as well press hard to make sure youre getting THAT exact amount. If I don't see results in terminal hairs coming in, I may opt for a 2mm dermaroller.

I was thinking of testing the dermaroller wounding method on a completely bald patch of skin in one of my temples but with the addition of a PGD2 blocker, perhaps cetirizine. I'm curious to see what kind of results, if any, that could provide. This of course would be supplemented with minoxidil and potentially CB and keep at only that area.

Is there any point trying dermaroller on its own without Minox or anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Space View Post
    Is there any point trying dermaroller on its own without Minox or anything else?
    Yes, there could be. I posted an article from the 1980s about a man being a scalp burn victim. Once his wounds healed, he regrew all of his hair in the burned area.

This is what I am currently trying myself.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    This is what I am currently trying myself.
    The thing is, I've never been on ANY hair medication and I'm really afraid of what could happen if I start using minoxidil for the first time in my life and use the dermaroller too (eg. massive shed).

Were the patients in the clinical trials new to minoxidil too? Or was the study done just by adding the dermaroller to a regimen that already included applying minoxidil on the scalp many year prior to the dermaroller use?

I fear the shed. That's all that's stopping me from using minox. I guess I'll have to get over it some time, I just don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    The thing is, I've never been on ANY hair medication and I'm really afraid of what could happen if I start using minoxidil for the first time in my life and use the dermaroller too (eg. massive shed).

Were the patients in the clinical trials new to minoxidil too? Or was the study done just by adding the dermaroller to a regimen that already included applying minoxidil on the scalp many year prior to the dermaroller use?

I fear the shed. That's all that's stopping me from using minox. I guess I'll have to get over it some time, I just don't know how.
    This is not one of those things where you need to get over your fear and all will be well.

Your fear may well be merited. As for me I stay away from minoxidil because i fear both the shed and the wrinkles in the face some people have experienced.

This is not one of those things where you need to get over your fear and all will be well.

Your fear may well be merited. As for me I stay away from minoxidil because i fear both the shed and the wrinkles in the face some people have experienced.
    The shed always comes back either to its same previous density or better. It just may take a while for it to happen.