+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 254 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingofFighters View Post
    im using a dermapen bought from Ebay and it's very cheap. spills more blood then a roller.
    Could "more bleeding" really be beneficial?
    I somewhat understand the thoughts behind "wounding" the 'skin itself' but not how that affects the actual dormant hair follicle has me scratching my head.
    Back to my original dermaroller question and what info I've further read...a .02 mm roller needle is all that's needed to greatly help topicals get to where they need to go. I still ask myself this rolling of needles over a head with hair must cause some damage to the hair outside the head by maybe cutting or stabbing through the hair shaft. I'm debating if 'on my head' that process would actually cause more harm to the existing hairs on my head vs the positive thoughts of allowing a topical to get to the hair follicle itself.
    Do I want a bloody head, well maybe if I had viable scars on a bald head to where collegian may over time lessen the scars themselves. Do I feel bleeding your scalp helping to "grow hair"...I'm just not digesting that, is there scientific proof it infact does?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKingofFighters View Post
    im using a dermapen bought from Ebay and it's very cheap. spills more blood then a roller.
    I somewhat understand the thoughts behind "wounding" the 'skin itself' but not how that affects the actual dormant hair follicle has me scratching my head.
    Back to my original dermaroller question and what info I've further read...a .02 mm roller needle is all that's needed to greatly help topicals get to where they need to go. I still ask myself this rolling of needles over a head with hair must cause some damage to the hair outside the head by maybe cutting or stabbing through the hair shaft. I'm debating if 'on my head' that process would actually cause more harm to the existing hairs on my head vs the positive thoughts of allowing a topical to get to the hair follicle itself.
    Do I want a bloody head, well maybe if I had viable scars on a bald head to where collegian may over time lessen the scars themselves. Do I feel bleeding your scalp helps to "grow hair"...I'm just not digesting that, is there scientific proof it infact does?

Quote Originally Posted by HMDWN View Post
    Do I want a bloody head, well maybe if I had viable scars on a bald head to where collegian may over time lessen the scars themselves. Do I feel bleeding your scalp helps to "grow hair"...I'm just not digesting that, is there scientific proof it infact does?

You might want to take time to read the study so you understand what this is all about. The point of rolling with a 1.5 isn't to increase the absorption of topicals. It's to generate growth factors near the follicles. Wounding triggers growth factors, you use rogaine to keep all follicles in growing phase so when growth factors are triggered, they attach to the hair follicle instead of becoming collegian.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    The point of this study wasn't to increase minox absorption. Some people do use smaller rollers to increase absorption but that can lead to some serious health issues in some because minox can get into your bloodstream and cause havoc.

The point of this study was to stimulate growth factors. Minox is used to keep the hair follicles in a growing phase so when the growth factors are triggered with the use of a dermaroller, they attach to the hair follicles which are trying to grow instead of turning into collagen.
    So this your natural approach?
    Could you share some pictures to us, since mine was not clear enough for you in my imaginary mirror?

And to answer your question about damaging hair, it doesn't matter because hair is dead to begin with. You can poke it, cut it, stab it, etc etc etc and your hair follicle will grow more hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    So this your natural approach?
    Could you share some pictures to us, since mine was not clear enough for you in my imaginary mirror?

Click on my name and look for my results thread. It would help us all out of you took the time to take similar pics.

And to answer your question about damaging hair, it doesn't matter because hair is dead to begin with. You can poke it, cut it, stab it, etc etc etc and your hair follicle will grow more hair.
    Vic, thanks for the reply, I'm aware a healthy follicle will make and push hair out of the scalp.
    Like a fingernail I fully understand once the hair exits the scalp it's "dead".
    My meaning of "damage" or damaging the hair is...on a person with a considerable a mount of hair I can't help but think a roller with 192 needles 'could-maybe' cut into the hairs thus breaking them off thus shredding them from your head and making the density look worse.
    I could only imagine a 540 needle roller doing even more damage to the hair as there's a far greater chance the closeness/congestion of the needles will pierce into and break-off a hair and thin out what you're trying to preserve.
    Know what I mean?

Vic, thanks for the reply, I'm aware a healthy follicle will make and push hair out of the scalp.
    Like a fingernail I fully understand once the hair exits the scalp it's "dead".
    My meaning of "damage" or damaging the hair is...on a person with a considerable a mount of hair I can't help but think a roller with 192 needles 'could-maybe' cut into the hairs thus breaking them off thus shredding them from your head and making the density look worse.
    I could only imagine a 540 needle roller doing even more damage to the hair as there's a far greater chance the closeness/congestion of the needles will pierce into and break-off a hair and thin out what you're trying to preserve.
    Know what I mean?
    If that's your logic then no one should use or try any hair growth treatment since every treatment available that actually works, first causes a shed which leads to temporary thinning.

Even if you cause damage to hair and you seem thinner for a little while, it's no different then using something as commonly used as Rogaine.

If that's your logic then no one should use or try any hair growth treatment since every treatment available that actually works, first causes a shed which leads to temporary thinning.

Even if you cause damage to hair and you seem thinner for a little while, it's no different then using something as commonly used as Rogaine.
    Vic again I thank you for your reply and of course you feedback is valid.
    As I continue to read and gain more knowledge I am at times one that thinks outside the box so I'll ask one more opinion from you. Maybe this could be a factor, maybe not but here's another way I'm thinking...you know how it's said, when a person has hair transplants they will lose hair because it "shocks" the existing follicles.
    Well, I have to wonder, forcing a 1.50 mm roller-needle into the scalp to "wound it" couldn't that also produce some "shocking" to the scalp-hair and cause another reason to shed too?
    It almost seems, with any type of "save/regrow the hair treatment" whether it be deep-Dermarollering/needling, topicals as Fin, Dut, RU58841 etc or the extreme being hair transplants, there's no way to prevent the existing hairs from going through a hefty and depressing shedding phase.

Vic again I thank you for your reply and of course you feedback is valid.
    As I continue to read and gain more knowledge I am at times one that thinks outside the box so I'll ask one more opinion from you. Maybe this could be a factor, maybe not but here's another way I'm thinking...you know how it's said, when a person has hair transplants they will lose hair because it "shocks" the existing follicles.
    Well, I have to wonder, forcing a 1.50 mm roller-needle into the scalp to "wound it" couldn't that also produce some "shocking" to the scalp-hair and cause another reason to shed too?
    It almost seems, with any type of "save/regrow the hair treatment" whether it be deep-Dermarollering/needling, topicals a Minoxidil, RU58841 or ingesting pills as fin, dut etc or the extreme side of the treatment being hair transplants, there's no way to prevent the existing hairs from going through a hefty and depressing shedding phase.