+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 254 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast

Same happens to me, occasional sneeze and eyes water a little

Hi jc yes my gp let me swap from finasteride to dutasteride and im taking oral silica and biotin as well as minox as in scalpmed although im not happy with the greasy nature of there minox as its like regain lotion.
    By the way i posted about the sneezing a couple of years ago cannot remember if it was at regrowth com but anyway it was only on the left side front where its shiny bald that also made eyes water as well but since i got a different roller with 192 needles its i havent had a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by HARIRI View Post
    Really!!! Very interesting? Has another member experienced the same sneezing effect while using it??? Sosa56, hellouser how about you guys?

I think I should bring some facial tissues along when I will start using it
    You are not alone here. So weird. Every time I went up and down the hairline I would sneeze as well. How crazy is that.

I would assume this is normal and that when rolled it triggers a nerve or something to create a sneeze.

Happens to me all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    Sosa, what Dermaroller did you buy? Can you post the link to it? And was it really painful?

Also another question for the rest of the forum as well, would it be appropriate to use something like a topical anesthetic like lidocaine to reduce the pain inflicted from the microneedling?
    I bought this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional...oneedle+roller with this to clean it http://www.amazon.co.uk/STERILIZER-I...=alcohol+spray according to these instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mXov4XRtc

As far as the actually needling itself it does hurt ( and I think this is the reason for the eyes watering and sneezing - the pain/irritation - although i don't remember sneezing myself) but no pain no gain right and I was only doing it with a medium amount of pressure because the goal is only erythema right, not ripping your scalp up?

Another point, in the study the mean hair count of the dermaroller + minox group went up 40%, does this mean I can expect my hair count to go up possibly more than this? (but possibly less also)?

Finally anyone got a thought on my Norwood level? I'd like to get an outside opinion

Heya, looong time lurker here...

I've learnt about this dermaroller stuff recently and I must say I'm totally stoked. I'm 33yo NW2.5 diffuse thinning at a worrying speed. I refuse to take Propecia or put chemical shite inside my body so I'm gonna wait and see where this ends up...

Been reading A LOT and I think this is the real deal... cheap, effective, and backed by real science (Cots et al). Top research at our fingertips. No cow-lick bs. Follica device should be a more fine-tunned version of what is being tested here.

BTW, about the pain while rolling, look at this bish with a 2.0mm roller making her face full of blood... she says it is not painful because she is using a lidocaine cream before the treatment..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNrcr6h_0F0

Is anyone going to try this lidocaine thing?

I bought lidocaine inside aloe. This is for sun burnt skin. Will test it out when I roll later today. And yes, There Will Be Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa56 View Post
    I bought this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Professional...oneedle+roller with this to clean it http://www.amazon.co.uk/STERILIZER-I...=alcohol+spray according to these instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8mXov4XRtc

As far as the actually needling itself it does hurt ( and I think this is the reason for the eyes watering and sneezing - the pain/irritation - although i don't remember sneezing myself) but no pain no gain right and I was only doing it with a medium amount of pressure because the goal is only erythema right, not ripping your scalp up?

Another point, in the study the mean hair count of the dermaroller + minox group went up 40%, does this mean I can expect my hair count to go up possibly more than this? (but possibly less also)?

Finally anyone got a thought on my Norwood level? I'd like to get an outside opinion
    Sorry that was meant to read does this mean I can expect my hair density to go up possibly more than this? (but possibly less also)?

This is certainly what we're all hoping. The results of the study were very promising. PrettyFly posted some good results earlier in the thread, but the rest of us are only on our second week or so. I think the study ran 18wks, is that right?

As far as your norwood, I'm no expert but I would guess maybe a diffuse NW2 A.

Quote Originally Posted by LevonHelms View Post
    I think the study ran 18wks
    The study was only 12 weeks. Everybody may react different to the same kind of treatment, but if this works, at 12 weeks there should be at least some of us who get some kind of results. If this works.

Quote Originally Posted by LevonHelms View Post
    This is certainly what we're all hoping. The results of the study were very promising. PrettyFly posted some good results earlier in the thread, but the rest of us are only on our second week or so. I think the study ran 18wks, is that right?

As far as your norwood, I'm no expert but I would guess maybe a diffuse NW2 A.
    I think the study duration was 12 weeks?