+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 254 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by LongWayHome View Post
    Amen.
    Squeegee thinks he's the "Gandalf" of ***, a wizard or something, and everyone else are hobbits.
    Doesn't matter what they think, cause he's here to decide for them.
    One day he wakes up, reads something about derma-rolling, and says:
    "Are you ready for an adventure?" while all the hobbits yell "YES!!".
    At start it was actually interesting, but now they became zombies that look for blood. Everyone's trying to show Squeegee that they're "cool" as he's, and the few that say anything else, get ambushed by him.
    Not everyone over there bows to squeegee, I roll till I bleed and am trying different things as people come up with them. I have had to call squeegee out a couple times and yes he can be a major a$$ at times but he is not afraid to try new things and jump into them so I will give him his props on that. most of the studies he posts are relevant to hairloss and I take what I want from them and what everyone else has to say not just squeegee and apply them as I see fit.
    my take on rolling is I am doing the 12 weeks, then going monthly or 6 weeks, my reasoning is I get a decent shed 4 days after rolling due to what I believe is shockloss, during rolling I cut/pull so many hairs it is very noticeable when I finish so I need a chance for my hair to basically catch up to see if anything is happening. I have 4 more weeks to go

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Its really just ONE guy thats the fanatic at ***; squeegee. The dude insults everyone and anyone that says something that goes against his theories/opinions. The amount of bullshit he posts is overwhelming and is the #1 reason why that thread gets derailed. Everyone else is normal. Though he does post relevant stuff as well.
    Yeah, very true, that's stopped me registering an account at *** to join the rolling thread(s), that guy's odd and nasty. Some good, intelligent contributors like princess Rambo have been chased away, sadly. At least some guys are posting before/after photos though, sadly lacking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    People that claimed the pics were 8 at the 8 month mark also claimed it was after discontinuation from the treatment

We don't have to "wait and see" this is the kind of attitude that makes bald guys an easy target for charlatans. People brought up the inconsistencies in the study, like the time length of the pics, from day one and people just chose to ignore it.

Hope I get a miraculous regrowth in 3 months of doing nothing
    Unfortunately you do have to wait and see, as there is no way of telling at the moment how things will be at the 8 months mark.

I also hope you get a miraculous regrowth in 3 months, but it seems unlikely. If you haven't seen anything of note by 20 weeks when others are reporting hair thickening and new hairs coming through, then you're probably not doing it right or perhaps you have other underlying issues you need to address.

Fingers crossed for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeo View Post
    If you haven't seen anything of note by 20 weeks when others are reporting hair thickening and new hairs coming through, then you're probably not doing it right or perhaps you have other underlying issues you need to address.
    Anecdotal reports don't work. People also claimed hair thickening in two weeks with indomethacin this year, look were it lead

The only photographic results I've seen look like pretty average minox results, nothing to brag about

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    Anecdotal reports don't work. People also claimed hair thickening in two weeks with indomethacin this year, look were it lead

The only photographic results I've seen look like pretty average minox results, nothing to brag about
    True, I try to take most things with a pinch of salt. Regardless of whether anecdotal accounts work for you or not, I'm hearing too many positive reports of this working to personally discredit it. Don't remember hearing much about Indomethacin besides one guy posting a few questionable pics and not much else. I tuned out pretty early, sensing it was BS like most expensive topical treatments tend to be. I'm seeing improvements myself with rolling which I guess is the best evidence one can see. Sorry that it's not working for you at the moment, but I'll be sticking with it. Hope you see improvements or find something else that works for you.

Are you having any noticeable results from rolling, Chromeo? Only vellus hair for me.

I'm the same with rolling, seeing too many positive accounts (some with photos) to discredit it, and I'm prepared to do it for a while yet, but there's something 'off' with how far off the relatively limited personal results in the community are from those of the original study.

I'm having lots of short black hairs coming through all over my scalp. They are not as long as my other hairs but they are starting to come though, black and quite thick. I'm hopeful that if this continues I could have a pretty decent result, although I am probably years away from a full recovery, if that is even possible.

I also have my concerns regarding the study, it has bothered me from the start. Firstly they were misleading about the severity of the rolling, then they were misleading about the time-frame between the "before" and "after" pictures. I'm not sure if those were just genuine mistakes or something more dubious.

To be honest, as time goes on I've been relying more on the word and results photographs of other forum users rather than the study. Perhaps this too is folly on my part. Only time will tell!

For the time being, I am satisfied that I'm seeing changes and will be sticking with this treatment for the foreseeable.

I DR to break up fibrosis and increase blood circulation. Figure scar tissue could of been there sense I started losing hair 7 years ago. Scar tissue is tough. However I could be completely wrong but that's why I'm rolling and using a massage ball to break up and soften scar tissue. I'll keep doing my routine till June.

I'm having lots of short black hairs coming through all over my scalp. They are not as long as my other hairs but they are starting to come though, black and quite thick. I'm hopeful that if this continues I could have a pretty decent result, although I am probably years away from a full recovery, if that is even possible.
    I'm just the same. And while I'm completely disappointed with the original study... well, what the hell, those new tiny little hairs have make me decide to stick with this untill 2015...

I also have my concerns regarding the study, it has bothered me from the start. Firstly they were misleading about the severity of the rolling, then they were misleading about the time-frame between the "before" and "after" pictures. I'm not sure if those were just genuine mistakes or something more dubious.

To be honest, as time goes on I've been relying more on the word and results photographs of other forum users rather than the study. Perhaps this too is folly on my part. Only time will tell!

For the time being, I am satisfied that I'm seeing changes and will be sticking with this treatment for the foreseeable.
    I have completed 12 solid weeks of hard rolling and am now taking a break. I too have concerns about the study although I don't see the motivation for fraud b/c they aren't selling anything unless they are somehow sponsored by the dermaroller manufacturing industry which I highly doubt. For now, I choose to chalk much of the apparent inconsistency up to language and the level of professionalism in which the study was documented and written. Here is my experience: 1) I have had acell/prp and I was told I would see nothing for at least 4 months. I saw absolutely nothing for 4 months and then benefits started to appear....so I know this takes time. 2) Evaluating the benefits of a treatment is extremely difficult given the natural day to day fluctuation in the cosmetic appearance of hair and the slow and gradual pace of regression or improvement. For example, from week 1 of DR, my hair immediately looked thicker. Not sure if that is due to increased blood flow to the scalp or what but this effect could be nothing other than cosmetic given how immediate it was and how it seemed to recur after each session. 3) I believe the hairs I have look stronger and thicker than when I started DR but I believe I have fewer hairs. I do not count hairs each day and I am not saying DR has accelerated my hair loss. And this is not necessarily a bad thing but I do believe there is a possibility that DR has caused an unnoticeable shed and/or shock loss which would be consistent with positive benefits that have been set in motion. (I also went back to twice daily applications of minox at about the 6 week mark so this too could account for increased shedding.) 4) I believe there is no harm in taking a break for up to 6 months if need be in order allow any benefits to take effect and eliminate scalp trauma that could mask at least some of the benefits if in fact they exist. Given my experience with acell/prp, and assuming the study pics were in deed at the 8 month mark, if I will receive benefits from my 12 weeks of work they have already been set in motion and will not regress for at least another 6 months. 5) I believe I can see a slight visible improvement at the crown (my worst area). I can see many new hairs that have consistently been appearing for weeks now at and just behind the hair line. They are 1/4 to 1/2 inch in length but there is no way for me to tell yet whether they are hairs coming in stronger due to DR or hairs coming in weaker as part of natural regression. I will say that I have not noticed these types of "new" hairs in the past. I have also seemed to notice more vellus hair but that may just be because I am looking more closely.

So for me the jury is still out and I have guarded optimism. If all DR did was maintain, I would consider it a very powerful new weapon in the fight against hairloss as we continue to wait for the game changer.