+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 254 FirstFirst ... 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Here's my two-month update.

I saw my mother last week and she asked if I'd dyed my hair! She said it looked darker. I told her I haven't but explained about the dermaroller/minox combination. She said it was definitely looking thicker.

So I'll take that as a win. My hair is normally a No. 1 blade so it doesn't take long for any changes to grow through.

On the hairline there are definitely a bunch of fine but pigmented hairs growing through, several dozen on each temple. Too fine to be of any cosmetic significance. It will be interesting to see what happens when these hairs cycle, whether they come back thicker or stay fine.
    Do you have photos?

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Friends , I believe the results of you, even without photos .

Too bad not everyone posted photos to make better monitoring, but I'm sure the fact just looking if there was significant improvement after a few months , you can already notice .

I think three years , is a significant time. In fact , I've used almost all topical products that are on the market . I was making the selection of what worked best for me . Today I know that if something does not work well in 4 months , I can leave for another treatment . In my opinion, no point in insisting on a very treatment that shows no improvement in 4 months .

Maybe that treatment with Dermarolling need a little more time, between 6 months and 1 year . But if there is any improvement in that time , I think it is better to try another treatment , because this is a much more aggressive treatment .

We are all in this fight , until something that really works arise .

Good luck to you , I'll keep watching the topic.

Hugs .
    Wrong wrong wrong. The whole "4 months" thing is silly, many treatments take between 8 months & 1 year to really kick in. You may have found something that would work for you, but jumped off the treatment at 4 months due to impatience. Very typical of the desperation of hairloss sufferers, always looking for the overnight fix.

And how is 3 years too long to be dermarolling? You're not one of these cranks who thinks you can only do 12 weeks because a study only lasted 12 weeks, are you? If this works, we could well be rolling for life, perhaps at a reduced frequency. If it works I ain't getting off it because somebody who doesn't stick with any treatment more than "4 months" says it's "too long".

Come on, wisen up, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeo View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong. The whole "4 months" thing is silly, many treatments take between 8 months & 1 year to really kick in. You may have found something that would work for you, but jumped off the treatment at 4 months due to impatience. Very typical of the desperation of hairloss sufferers, always looking for the overnight fix.

And how is 3 years too long to be dermarolling? You're not one of these cranks who thinks you can only do 12 weeks because a study only lasted 12 weeks, are you? If this works, we could well be rolling for life, perhaps at a reduced frequency. If it works I ain't getting off it because somebody who doesn't stick with any treatment more than "4 months" says it's "too long".

Come on, wisen up, people.
    If the study showed amazing results in at least 80% of the subjects, 12 weeks is enough, the whole point of studies is that they are reproducible, otherwise something is wrong, and many people just don't want to admit it.

This sunday is my last dermarolling session, I lasted around 20 weeks and haven't seen anything worth to comment about.

If you people are right, then in another 4 months I will magically get the results from the photos in this study.

Pate, I've had exactly the same experience! My mother commented how much darker my hair had gotten recently. Otherwise, small non-cosmetically-significant hairs are sprouting in key areas.

Do you guys shave your head with a trimmer before dermarolling? Cause i used pull my hair out with the derma roller.

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    If the study showed amazing results in at least 80% of the subjects, 12 weeks is enough, the whole point of studies is that they are reproducible, otherwise something is wrong, and many people just don't want to admit it.

This sunday is my last dermarolling session, I lasted around 20 weeks and haven't seen anything worth to comment about.

If you people are right, then in another 4 months I will magically get the results from the photos in this study.
    Sounds to me like you just don't have the stomach to keep up with this, but good luck to you dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    Do you guys shave your head with a trimmer before dermarolling? Cause i used pull my hair out with the derma roller.
    I keep mine shaved so I don't have this issue. Also, it's easier to see the new hair coming through when the hair is shorter.

I'm dermarolling myself, but the hype about it on the forum has become crazy.

It seems that some sufferers will defend it to the death even if no one gets substantial results.

Quote Originally Posted by Atum View Post
    I buzz mine to a 1 and still cut/pull hair

Fred I agree with you on the hype, this like other treatments will work great on some not at all on others, its not a miracle cure but I am giving it a good shot and am hoping I am one of the lucky ones

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I'm dermarolling myself, but the hype about it on the forum has become crazy.

It seems that some sufferers will defend it to the death even if no one gets substantial results.
    Yes, it is a bit much. But stick with it, it's the only way to know.