+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 254 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    Over 3 years?

Do you have photos of before and after, to see the results? It really is too long!
    Unfortunately I don't have good before pictures since this was before the forum trial and was doing it for me. However, I am genuinely curious as to why you think 3 years is to long? I'm afraid if I stop I would lose my good results.

I understand totally if you're skeptical of my results without proof, but all I can do is tell youit has helped greatly in my hairline. I've seen it turn a lot of hairs from vellus, but again this could be from my combo of other treatments including PRP with Dr. Greco.

Friends , I believe the results of you, even without photos .

Too bad not everyone posted photos to make better monitoring, but I'm sure the fact just looking if there was significant improvement after a few months , you can already notice .

I think three years , is a significant time. In fact , I've used almost all topical products that are on the market . I was making the selection of what worked best for me . Today I know that if something does not work well in 4 months , I can leave for another treatment . In my opinion, no point in insisting on a very treatment that shows no improvement in 4 months .

Maybe that treatment with Dermarolling need a little more time, between 6 months and 1 year . But if there is any improvement in that time , I think it is better to try another treatment , because this is a much more aggressive treatment .

We are all in this fight , until something that really works arise .

Good luck to you , I'll keep watching the topic.

Hugs .

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    It is possible to have a staph infection with a dermaroller (mine is 0.75 longer)?

I want to try this with Minox and Kéto cream.
    A staph infection is a possibility with any open wound so it goes without saying to be as sterile as possible, in 8 weeks I have gone thru 1.5 bottles of iso alcohol, I wipe my scalp with it, soak my roller before after and during rolling. I almost had my knee amputated from a MRSA staph infection its no joke, it started with a sliver of metal in my knee the size of a small splinter

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    The dude in those photos had cellulitis. Its caused by an infection. Here's more info on that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cellulitis#Causes

If you're going to dermaroll, make sure to keep your rollers as clean as possible. I rinse mine with hot water and use an old toothbrush to get rid of dried up blood from the roller, then leave it in isopropanol 99% overnight.
    That was some scary a$$ pics huh

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    Wounding without minoxidil was tried decades ago. They failed to get more thatn just vellus hair.
    Don't listen to this guy chimera, if that's the case people with wounds would not grow NEW normal looking hair post surgery. Also where is his trial that was tried decades ago? Minoxidil may not be needed so if you want to go that route than try it, don't listen to people so quick to promote drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by jasong1 View Post
    Don't listen to this guy chimera, if that's the case people with wounds would not grow NEW normal looking hair post surgery. Also where is his trial that was tried decades ago? Minoxidil may not be needed so if you want to go that route than try it, don't listen to people so quick to promote drugs.
    The thing is, wounding may produce new hair, but the level of wounding we are doing with the dermaroller is not enough...

also:

http://www.nature.com/jid/journal/v2...id195671a.html

That's the study I was talking about...

Also, I am not promoting drugs... I don't like them, and I wish we could stop hair loss without them, but I don't know if that's possible...

That study analysed 4 people between 1 week till 2 months also by freezing so should not get that conclusion. Also this study was about removing vellus hairs to see if they would regenerate and they did, normal hairs were not supposed to grow on that part of the face as well, only sparse.

Guys, it is safe to use hair fibers after dermarolling?

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    Don't see why not, but to be on the safe side I would wait an hour till the holes close

Here's my two-month update.

I saw my mother last week and she asked if I'd dyed my hair! She said it looked darker. I told her I haven't but explained about the dermaroller/minox combination. She said it was definitely looking thicker.

So I'll take that as a win. My hair is normally a No. 1 blade so it doesn't take long for any changes to grow through.

On the hairline there are definitely a bunch of fine but pigmented hairs growing through, several dozen on each temple. Too fine to be of any cosmetic significance. It will be interesting to see what happens when these hairs cycle, whether they come back thicker or stay fine.