+ Reply to Thread
Page 204 of 254 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by kissmyscalp View Post
    I don't know, I find this technique a little barbaric, another treatment to add, it coast time, money...

I do not see enough satisfactory results that pushes me to start.

I'm not sure it's worthwhile to invest.
    Its a $20 device that you use along with Minoxidil which you should be on regardless. Are you saying you can't afford such a simple device?

Time is no excuse, all the garbage treatments we have available take lots of time.

I don't know, I find this technique a little barbaric, another treatment to add, it coast time, money...
    You can find dermarollers from $4 or $5 on Ebay. Yeah, they are cheap, but they get the job done. And 1 dermaroller should last you at least 2 months.

It should not take you more than 20 minutes to dermaroll your scalp (you can do it in way less time than that, if you don't mind the pain). I have been able to do it in just 10 minutes, and that's just because I have long hair, If my hair were shorter it would take me like 5 minutes or less. And you are supposed to use the dermaroller just once a week.

Is $2.5 a month too much money for you?...

Are 15 minutes a week to much time for you?..

But yeah, theres no real way to know right now if the bloody pain is worth it or not...

Anyway, I don't think we will have our definite answer until 2015... I know that sounds awful, but that's just the way it is... or at least that's when I will have absolutely no any doubt left...

... since it seems we will never be able to get our hands on the right CB vehicle, I hope this can buy me at least a little more time...

It really is very cheap. The only concern is the risk of infection or even inflammation, which could be a disaster for the wires that are still alive.

Do not you think? But the idea is tempting.

Take care ! Ebay & Amazon are full of fake & non-sterilized dermarollers.

I read some press paper about that.

Look this one:

http://renaissance-essentielle.blogs...igne-sure.html

its in french sorry but you can see the differences in pictures between a true dermaroller and a fake. Fake packaging too.

Maybe some people have bad results because crapy dermarollers.

Otherwise, it is certain that there is no risk of damaging the scalp in long term use?
    I know wounding is about damaging the scalp, but I'm talking about irreversible damages?

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    It really is very cheap. The only concern is the risk of infection or even inflammation, which could be a disaster for the wires that are still alive.
    As long as you're sensible, and keep your roller and scalp hygienic before and after, infection shouldn't be an issue. It's a risk, yes, but a risk that one can reduce dramatically through some common sense actions.

I've bought my roller from owndoc.com, incidentally, and it's pretty damn good.

Otherwise, it is certain that there is no risk of damaging the scalp in long term use?
    I know wounding is about damaging the scalp, but I'm talking about irreversible damages?
    I'm not concerned about damagin the scalp because of long term use... that is not a problem, dermarollers are safe in that regard...

But I'm concerned about how often we are doing it. We can use the dermaroller for years, but I odon't think we should use the dermaroller "that often" for years.
    Shorter needles are not a problem, but 1.5 is never recommended more than once a month...

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    I'm not concerned about damagin the scalp because of long term use... that is not a problem, dermarollers are safe in that regard...

But I'm concerned about how often we are doing it. We can use the dermaroller for years, but I odon't think we should use the dermaroller "that often" for years.
    Shorter needles are not a problem, but 1.5 is never recommended more than once a month...
    There's nothing that says 1.5 is the right size. 2.5 might be more effective. Yes 1.5 was in the study. Did they try 2 or 2.5? Why 1.5? An educated guessbased on their research. So that's what you do. Research and go with a length and frequency you guesstimate would be the most effective. Then let us know your results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    There's nothing that says 1.5 is the right size. 2.5 might be more effective. Yes 1.5 was in the study. Did they try 2 or 2.5? Why 1.5? An educated guessbased on their research. So that's what you do. Research and go with a length and frequency you guesstimate would be the most effective. Then let us know your results.
    I 100% agree with you, I just got a 2mm and am going with that for the next several weeks. this is an experiment, we are conducting our own study

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    That's not what I meant at all ... I am not talking about which is the right size for our "experiment", I am not talking about which size would give us the best results. I am talking about the safety. What I am trying to say is that at 1.5 the dermaroller acts different than a 0.2 or 0.5, It not the same kind of damage on the skin, and the response of tissue is also diferent. Going that deep, that often, could be very agressive for the skin on athe long term.

But yeah... it is truem that is just a guess. There's a lot of info saying it is safe, and there's a lot of info saying it is not... so, who knows?

Guys, now answer me one thing:

Using the example of dermaroller that came to be discussed here in the forum (since 2006 has heard from him in this space and nothing proved in favor), a "job" posted here shows a very favorable statistics in numeric prism.

Why then in practice it does not become routine and bald all the world, or at least a 66.45% return to get hairy? Why in dermatology clinics or trichology is not routine?