+ Reply to Thread
Page 200 of 254 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    OK I'm hopping back, I rolled during one month before but stopped because I was waiting for results.

I will follow the study to the letter.
    Do it bro! It's not a cure or anything, but you'd be surprised what you can see slowly happening. You will get used to the pain, take it from a very pain-averse guy. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    OK I'm hopping back, I rolled during one month before but stopped because I was waiting for results.

I will follow the study to the letter.
    Good on you bro! It's worth the pain, believe me. Just remember that you will need consistentcy and patience. Just as with the other existing treatments, really.

Got my roller almost 2 months ago, have been decreasing frequency to once a month of treatments based on the healing process timeline and recommendations from forums where people have been using it for skin care. The only other major thing in my regiment is 1% keto (and daily vitamins and ginko biloba), I'm not sure if I've seen regrowth yet or if they're broken hairs, I'm also noticing many vellus hairs where the hair is thin enough to spot em, but I'm not sure if that's a new development. I've been on keto shampoo 3 months now.

I'm cautiously optimistic, whats frustrating is my thinning crown is far back enough I have difficulties gauging how bad it really looks most the time.

With all this talk about pain and photos of bloody scalps, I wonder if you guys are doing this incorrectly. I've had two very well-known doctors dermaroll me and it was neither painful (mild discomfort, I'd say) and definitely no blood.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFly83 View Post
    Haven't posted here in a while.

Left Temple 6 month update

6 Month update:
    Type of hair loss: Before dermarolling NW6,
    Complete hair loss regimen:
    Minoxidil Kirkland 2x/day 7 months
    Niz shampoo 2x/week
    Dermarolling 1x/week (4 months 0.5mm, now 2 months 1.5mm)
    1gram Vita C and 1gram MSN daily

Brand of dermaroller: Generic 192 needle, 1.5 mm
    Rolling frequency: Once a week (Friday evening) for about 8-10 minutes. Some blood spots but not a huge amount.
    Weeks into treatment: 6 months total. 4 months 0.5mm and 2 month 1.5mm

Picture is 6month on left temple

Results: SLOWLY filling in bald areas, thickening of vellus, hairline still battling
    Great to see your results! I'm almost 30, and I am going to do a series of scalp peels first, then start the derma-rolling plus minoxidil regimen - I'll get some before and after pictures as well. Your pics are extremely encouraging. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    With all this talk about pain and photos of bloody scalps, I wonder if you guys are doing this incorrectly. I've had two very well-known doctors dermaroll me and it was neither painful (mild discomfort, I'd say) and definitely no blood.
    Your doctors are doing this incorrectly for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeo View Post
    Your doctors are doing this incorrectly for this purpose.
    One of them (Dr Greco in Florida) actually showed me the study and it didn't appear they were rolling their scalps into a bloody mess. Where are you information that says you need to bleed for this to be effective?

Its all about needle lengths. 0.5mm will not draw blood. 1.5mm will. End of story.

One of them (Dr Greco in Florida) actually showed me the study and it didn't appear they were rolling their scalps into a bloody mess. Where are you information that says you need to bleed for this to be effective?
    Those who produced the study were contacted and admitted that "mild erythema" was a misleading term and that subjects regularly bled.

You need to actually wound the skin sufficiently for the process to begin. Why do you think people didn't see this kind of regrowth when rolling with 0.5 mm needles? It's because those needles are not really long enough to achieve the required amount of wounding.

I'm not saying you need to absolutely massacre your head like some people are doing, that seems like overkill to me. But you certainly should be rolling hard enough with needles of a sufficient length to at least draw some blood. Otherwise I would suggest you're half-assing it and the results won't be all that impressive, if noticeable at all.

I have medium length hair (for a guy anyway) and it's difficult getting the top of my scalp done with a 540 roller, dunno if it'd be any easier with a 192 roller, I get some bleeding, but most of it is on the temples, where it's easier to get the roller. Kinda tough if I'm getting it on the crown, but I'm definitely super sensitive across the scalp the next few days so I imagine I'm doing fine. I definitely break a lot of hairs with it every roll, another reason I've reduced frequency of rolls. (It's also made me confused whether I see real regrowth or just broken hairs now)

I hope I'm still getting my scalp sufficiently, my crown is what worries me most. I'm tempted to spend a little more on a 192 but am not sure if it will be a dramatic enough difference. Anyone used both kinds and have noticed much difference? People say the 540 causes the "bed of needles" effect but I haven't heard that from anyone who's actually reported to try both.

I can feel it sink into the flesh on my temples (god it's weird), but don't get the same sensation at the crown, where there's more hair in the way.