+ Reply to Thread
Page 197 of 254 FirstFirst ... 97 147 187 195 196 197 198 199 207 247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    Started around 4 months ago, was rolling once a week for 10 weeks then stopped but continued on minox, will probably resume rolling once every two weeks. I feel like there has been some improvement but nothing to jump out of your chair for, I will continue and see if I have further improvement. Things to note, I am on fin 1.25 daily and started taking MSM which I'm not convinced does anything but maybe make the quality of your hair a bit better. Kept the room and the lighting as consistent as possible, sorry for the weird crop job but he images are pretty good quality taken from an 8.1 megapixel digital camera (best I have)... Thats about it, good luck everyone.

After picture is on the left.
    I do see improvement as well. Nice. Now to get all of that filled in completely....

Sadly, I don't think it's gonna fill in my temples... I want to get my frontal third densely packed with Rahal or something but I just don't have the money to do so, if I did though I'd probably opt to do that and just stick to treatments for a while, I think that would work fine for me. Sucks that it's so expensive.

I'll do another comparison pic in a while, maybe late december or sometime in january after I get a haircut just to see if there is further improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepHoping View Post
    Sadly, I don't think it's gonna fill in my temples... I want to get my frontal third densely packed with Rahal or something but I just don't have the money to do so, if I did though I'd probably opt to do that and just stick to treatments for a while, I think that would work fine for me. Sucks that it's so expensive.

I'll do another comparison pic in a while, maybe late december or sometime in january after I get a haircut just to see if there is further improvement.
    I'm in the same shitty spot as you. My temples and hairline has been decimated and the hairs at the very edge of my hairline are quite thin, not a lot of density either. My hairstylists did mention she saw a LOT of velus hairs in my temples but I doubt anything will happen to them. Density wise I seem to be 'OK' up top but if I could get about 1,600 - 1,800 grafts on my hairline and temples I'd be really happy.

I'm tempted to try out Finasteride and see what it can do to the temples... either that or Dutasteride but I know both are dangerous. I'm getting desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    I'm tempted to try out Finasteride and see what it can do to the temples... either that or Dutasteride but I know both are dangerous. I'm getting desperate.
    i was in the same boat and it dawned on me that the depression and anxiety i was feeling were, in my opinion, outweighing the risk of sides on AAs. i got on dutasteride in august at .5mg 3x a week and i think i'm starting to see some results. i've bumped the dutasteride up to eod the past couple weeks and have had ZERO side effects other than increased libido. strongly, strongly recommend that you give it a shot.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I'm in the same shitty spot as you. My temples and hairline has been decimated and the hairs at the very edge of my hairline are quite thin, not a lot of density either. My hairstylists did mention she saw a LOT of velus hairs in my temples but I doubt anything will happen to them. Density wise I seem to be 'OK' up top but if I could get about 1,600 - 1,800 grafts on my hairline and temples I'd be really happy.

We had a patient in yesterday who has many high Norwoods on both his mother and father's side. He has great hair at 40. In fact it's pretty amazing. Most likely due to genetic good fortune. He did have 4,000 FUE grafts over the last ten years, but that would be like a few drops in the bucket if he were headed for a Norwood 6. It certainly doesn't hurt to try safe treatments. He told me, he alternates shampoos. He uses Hair Cycle shampoo for a week, switches to Nioxin for a week and uses Nizoral one morning, then repeats the cycle. He told me he mixes Minoxidil with Propecia and Avodart and applies it topically. I asked Dr. Cole about that and he thinks there may not be enough absorption through the skin for that to be effective. Just thought I would pass that along. Perhaps, he just lucked out and inherited the good hair of a distant relative.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    forhair.com
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    I am not a doctor and the content of my posts are my opinions, not medical advice.
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

I advise trying fin, seeing your circumstances. At worst you'd maintain as-is (see the 10 year finasteride study), at best it'd give a boost to the other treatments you're using, as there would be less follicle-wrecking DHT swimming through your system.

Don't think too much if at all about side effects or you'll never start the treatment, side effects are a possibility with anything, minoxidil certainly as well, it comes with the territory unfortunately: we're adults and know that everything has risks, even if statistically unlikely. And statistically speaking, side effects are the exception, not the norm, and certainly aren't inevitable.

Don't contemplate dutasteride now, certainly not as a first port of call. I'd wait and see if GSK get it through phase III for hair loss.

it's funny how a bunch of forum members are finding better treatments and providing better pictures than ACTUAL PAID SCIENTISTS...unreal

but this dermarolling is huge

I'm getting desperate myself, but I just can't come to terms with taking FIN. It was so damaging to my body and mind when I was on it. That being said I still sometimes say why not start at a very lose and go from there...but I just recall the sides back when I was on it and I just can't do it.

It's sad. I'll go bald before reliving what Propecia did to me. Hate this curse. I'll be looking to book with Rahal in the next 6 months.

5th roll with pics, no numbing cream B#tches lol, applied more pressure this time, not as much blood as I thought with that much more pressure, felt it deeper in my scalp though after looking at the pics I definitely bled more this week, 1st pic was last week 2nd a few minutes ago, definitely pulled a lot of hair out though, dammit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bleed1.jpg

Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	24244   Click image for larger version

Name:	derma5.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	24245  

Quote Originally Posted by Pentarou View Post
    I advise trying fin, seeing your circumstances. At worst you'd maintain as-is (see the 10 year finasteride study), at best it'd give a boost to the other treatments you're using, as there would be less follicle-wrecking DHT swimming through your system.
    No, worst case, continue to lose hair...