+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 254 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I bought the dermaroller to see if it helps minoxidil absorb better, not for the skin wounding science behind it.

Dan, minoxidil+dut I started those two at the same time in March 13th of this year, I saw results in about 3 weeks, but it halted/lost ground 4 months in due to alopecia areata coming back in about 8 different spots all over the top of my head. I have yet to recover the hair I regrew from dut+rogaine but now in the 4th day I am seeing a little bit of recovery on my hairline, but I am not excited at all because I have seen this before.

Back to Axel, I am just posting in this thread because I am using microneedling for MBP. I am not following the instructions in the opening post/study. I want to purposely do it like this, I read the study already.
    I've been using my clobetasol prop foam

Just finished my derma-rolling session for this week and man was the pain more excruciating today than in prior past weeks. Had to take multiple breaks and bite on a towel as I rolled. Man, the stuff I do in an attempt to save my hair. I'm actually embarrassed with myself that I'm spending a Saturday night applying topicals and cutting my scalp.

I changed it up and applied Lipogaine right after. As expected, the liquid stung the moment it touched my skin. So far, no Minox sides to report with this method.

Quote Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    wish this worked in conjunction with something besides minox
    Who says it doesn't. There are some people not using topicals or trying castor oil, sulfur I think, etc. It's hard to decide what alternative is best but there certainly are alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingFist View Post
    Who says it doesn't. There are some people not using topicals or trying castor oil, sulfur I think, etc. It's hard to decide what alternative is best but there certainly are alternatives.
    There's some evidence that DHT inhibits release of WNT proteins. Taking finasteride may actually promote WNT, a la Histogen and give increased growth factors to help regrow hairs.

I've been tempted to take Finasteride once a week just to see how it effects the wounding theory.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    There's some evidence that DHT inhibits release of WNT proteins. Taking finasteride may actually promote WNT, a la Histogen and give increased growth factors to help regrow hairs.

I've been tempted to take Finasteride once a week just to see how it effects the wounding theory.
    Topical fin and rolling? I understand their would be side effects.

squeegee the french canuck guy on hair loss talk sees major improvements...

maybe someone registered there asks him for pics?

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    I've been using my clobetasol prop foam
    Clobetasol may also be a pdg2 antagonist. I have AA like patiently. I was prescribed clobetasol for psoriasis of the scalp. I've been applying it to my scalp for about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

I wouldn't recommend it but if you wanna gamble...Why not valerian root extract in liquid form. I think I posted a study early in this thread. It increases wnt signaling (even taking the oral supplement for deep sleep helps). There are a few supplements that help with wnt signaling. I don't know them from the top of my head but should be easy to find. What we should also see is FGF supplements since it seems to be the new player in the puzzle. I know some are going hardcore and getting growth factors from kane but I would like to try a more natural approach if possible.

Also, where are Canadians ordering their rollers from? I want to buy 2. One 0.5mm for once a week rolling and one 1.5mm for once a month. If anyone has recommendations since it's expensive here. Don't want it too cheap where some needles might be stuck in your head, that would be a nightmare.

I should post this study in here as well http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554...9554-3-138.php

It is very interesting. The author has gmail so you can ask for details if you want. Please read and discuss. It's quite fascinating and completely free to incorporate.

Quote Originally Posted by RisingFist View Post
    I should post this study in here as well http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554...9554-3-138.php

It is very interesting. The author has gmail so you can ask for details if you want. Please read and discuss. It's quite fascinating and completely free to incorporate.
    Not very impressed by this study. No real stats, and language such as: "The rubbing motion promotes relaxation and feels good, thus increasing the production of good chemicals." is very unscientific and unfounded.