+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SOTF View Post
    This is just wrong. If you aren't bleeding you my aswell be using a .5mm roller. Use a 1.5mm, apply light pressure and see how much of those needles are getting penetration. 1/4th? If I am pressing hard enough to get even half the 1.5mm needles into the scalp, bleeding occurs.

People have been using .5mm for a long time and have no acheived results like in the newest study. So which is it?
    No you're wrong.

You are not suppose to apply with as much pressure to cause blood. Do you seriously want to scar your head? Does hair grow from scars on your body?

They don't on me and I have a big one on my arm. Point is, the study does not indicate you have to draw blood. When I roll, it is painful and my skin turns bright red, specifically in the corners of my hairline which is my biggest concern. I couldn't fathom applyin any more pressure just from a pain standpoint.

Some of you guys are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    When I roll, it is painful and my skin turns bright red
    This is correct. I am starting to wonder if most of the people here have even read the study or understood it.

The specific part of the study that describes what the desired outcome of the micro-needling says, again, to use the derma roller "until mild erythema was noted". Erythema does not mean bleeding, it means redness of the skin caused by blood from capillaries flowing into the lower levels of skin tissue as a result of skin injury. This is the purpose of the micro-needling to release the blood from the capillaries into the skin on the scalp, because the capillaries are going to carry the growth factors to the injured tissue and also the dormant follicles.

I'm worried about people speculating so much about needle sizes, use of minox, adding other stuff, etc.

We don't even know if this thing works or not, think about laser studies and the lack of anecdotal evidence

First we need to replicate the results with the same methodology and later try new approaches

Quote Originally Posted by bigentries View Post
    First we need to replicate the results with the same methodology and later try new approaches
    This. Before anything else.

Count me in on this. Just came back from a haircut and i'm reaching peak desperation. Realized looking in the mirror that i'm on at the beginning phase of NWIIIA type loss. I'm receded, though not too deep in the corners, but i'm getting diffusely thin throughout the front. By this time next year, the frontal third of my head will be gone or just scraps that will be impossible to style.

I think the transition from NWII to NWIII is pretty rough to go through, it's the point where you actually start looking visibly balding to other people. Start dealing with the eyes that wander up to your hairline. F'ng baldness...what BS.

Tried derma-rolling a ways back, but never committed to it fully. I was inconsistent and then stopped after a month or so. Saw no results. Still have the roller so will give it a shot again. Think i'll roll twice a week and will be applying minox foam once at night. And i use Nizoral though it's some off brand, so who knows if it works. Now that i think about, my hairloss started accelerating right around the time i stopped using real Nizoral from Johnson and Johnson. The past 6 months, i've lost more than in the past 3 years combined. J&J stopped producing it....seriously FML, the one thing that was helping me hold off the MPB and now it's taken away for no reason.

I'm desperate, so i'm in...

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    Great link, thanks!
    hi sorry about the link i kept trying but it did not work anyway the company and video is on www.clearskincare.com.au

People have been inducing erythema on their scalps while using minox for many years now. There is something a muck here, please "mildly" roll a 1.5mm dermaroller over your scalp, how much needle penetration are you getting? Less than half. Why even use a 1.5mm? Just use a .5mm which is enough to create erythema WITHOUT bleeding. If I get more than half penetration with the 1.5mm I BLEED.

Scarring? Have you seen the force used with a dermaroller on scars? Bleeding occurs. You are not going to damage or create scars pushing half a 1.5mm roller into your head.

Some of you guys are nuts (and misinformed). I can use ad hominem too.

Smile

Hello men.

I'll be trying this and reporting back. Got a 1.5mm roller on the way, I use 5% regaine foam twice a day and Nizoral twice a week.

I'm aiming to post baseline pictures but my bald/thin bit is right at the back and a pig to photograph well. And y'know a bit cringe to do...

Cheers and good luck all.

Hey all

So I took some initiative and managed to make contact with one of the Doctors behind the recent microneedling study. I'm not going to post their details here as they could get inundated with random emails and we may never get the facts we're after. they have confirmed that they are using it as a treatment for patients which is another promising sign on its effectiveness.

What I suggest is putting together a short list of queries we have which I'll request some clarity on. Whether we get any more information is another question as if they are using this treatment, its unlikely they will want to give away their secrets but its worth a try right?

The following seem to be the biggest queries on the forum which all are welcome to edit:

1. Needle size (0.5mm vs 1.5mm) to induce growth
    2. Treatment pressure used and Whether weekly treatment is the most optimum
    3. Why did study not use minox on same day
    4. Whether bleeding is normal and to what extent
    5. Will the treatment cause scaring and possibly hinder natural hair growth

Open to any opinions and views?

Its probably best to first pose some fairly non threatening questions to see if they open up so maybe lets keep it to a max 3-4 basic questions.

Quote Originally Posted by SOTF View Post
    People have been inducing erythema on their scalps while using minox for many years now. There is something a muck here, please "mildly" roll a 1.5mm dermaroller over your scalp, how much needle penetration are you getting? Less than half. Why even use a 1.5mm? Just use a .5mm which is enough to create erythema WITHOUT bleeding. If I get more than half penetration with the 1.5mm I BLEED.

Scarring? Have you seen the force used with a dermaroller on scars? Bleeding occurs. You are not going to damage or create scars pushing half a 1.5mm roller into your head.

Some of you guys are nuts (and misinformed). I can use ad hominem too.
    Well, the one study used a 1.5 mm roller (with success). So at what point are people falling trap to ad hominem?