+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 254 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    I'm on week 5. I'm going to take a picture tonight. The problem for me is that I shaved my hair down to the scalp a week ago because of my psoriasis. I also had been rolling only hard enough to cause redness with minimal blood.

This week I rolled considerable harder. I'm going to let my hair grow out a little and keep it at the same length for the full 12 weeks.

Should I continue to consider this week 5 or week 1?
    Don't consider it week 1 or week 5. Just keep rolling every week for the next five months to judge accurately. None of us know enough about how hard you need to roll to actually see results.

Quote Originally Posted by Stocione View Post
    Don't consider it week 1 or week 5. Just keep rolling every week for the next five months to judge accurately. None of us know enough about how hard you need to roll to actually see results.
    That's true, after finding that the initial study was not as accurate and the fact that we found follicla's patents, none of only the entire picture. So just roll to a couple of months and then report you findings.

Can I wash my scalp with something afterwards to get the blood off?

Is the saline solution only to be used before, or can I use this? What about lukewarm water?

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    I've quit smoking for this; I'm two weeks out. So as not to affect collagen levels and such.

Not easy, but damn if hair loss isn't motivation to quit, I don't know what is.
    Second roller session tomorrow, using the 1.5mm.
    Congrats man, that's no small feat. I've quit too, using an e-cig. Still count it as a victory though.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Can I wash my scalp with something afterwards to get the blood off?

Is the saline solution only to be used before, or can I use this? What about lukewarm water?
    I have a buzz cur and I use alcohol pads to wipe the blood away.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    That's true, after finding that the initial study was not as accurate and the fact that we found follicla's patents, none of only the entire picture. So just roll to a couple of months and then report you findings.
    Please stop saying that the study was not accurate. It feeds the trolls here. I've explained to you multiple times that it was. I should have never shared my discussions with the researcher... but to reiterate, the materials and methods section of the study did not include many key details for replicating the study - that's why they included the email addresses for subscribers. If you were interested in replicating the study, you would be expected to contact the researchers and ask for their methodology more in depth like what I did.

Their materials and methods section was simply to provide a snapshot of what they did. Not provide a blueprint for others to follow. This isn't some guide you buy online to curing hair loss. It's a paper published in a peer reviewed journal that likely went through many edits and had a word limit.

one more case on *** is positive about wounding response

Quote Originally Posted by Stocione View Post
    Please stop saying that the study was not accurate. It feeds the trolls here.
    Trolls?, I don't think there's any troll in here. Yeah, some may question this treatment. But they all do it out of curiosity, perhaps over-scepticism, or maybe even just plain and honest stupidity. But I'm sure nobody does it with malice.

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    Trolls?, I don't think there's any troll in here. Yeah, some may question this treatment. But they all do it out of curiosity, perhaps over-scepticism, or maybe even just plain and honest stupidity. But I'm sure nobody does it with malice.
    Fair point. Not trolls then, because I do agree no one is doing it with malice.

On a side note, I recommend people check out PrincessRambo's posts on *** where he/she outlines some important components of the study that many seem to be misunderstanding (myself included, in the case of the macro photos). It helps to clear up some of the questions people have raised.

Quote Originally Posted by chimera View Post
    It has less to do with trolls, and more to do with the spread of misinformation.

The user DesperateOne, as a prime example.