+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Blood test (DHT) with finasteride every other day.

Hello my friends. After seeing numerous published studies saying that it is possible to take finasteride every other day, I decided to do my own test. Read some studies including saying that even after nearly 7 days, the DHT still remains dropped.

The dosage that I initially chose to make this test was to 1mg every other day, for 20 days.

How the test is performed: Suppose I have taken finasteride on the evening of July 10, the test was performed on the morning of July 12, between 7 and 8am , ie, the blood was collected approximately 35 hours after administration from Finasteride 1mg.

Look at the result:

I wonder if anyone uses finasteride this way and proved its effectiveness with blood tests because my test is showing that there is no efficiency. Is that 20 days is little to some fall in DHT after starting finasteride? I have not had any significant changes in DHT.

My next blood test will be here approximately one month, and I will use 0.5 mg every day to see if there will be drop in DHT.

I await your comments.

Julio this seems very odd

1mg every other day is certainly enough to cause a significant reduction in DHT. After 20 days your DHT should be atleast cut in half.

Your results just don't make sense, it is strange.

I just got my DHT tested yesterday and I am going to start on 0.05mg fin now. Perhaps I will measure my DHT again in a month to make sure my DHT has reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post

I just got my DHT tested yesterday and I am going to start on 0.05mg fin now. Perhaps I will measure my DHT again in a month to make sure my DHT has reduced.
    I actually got mine done yesterday too but ive been on fin 1mg for exactly 6 weeks. Did it cost you $80 as well? Trying to get my insurance to cover it

I don't understand your DHT values.

My results of DHT (before starting 0.5mg of Finasteride): 46 ng/dL based on a reference range of 30 - 85 (ng/dL) so I don't understand your 900s values of DHT or your reference values of 250 - 990.

Normally we see ng/dL for the DHT values.

I will measure my DHT again in 3 months to see where is my DHT level after using 0.5mg of generic Finasteride.

I dont understand, FIN is already proven to lower DHT? One 0.5mg pill can lower it for 5 - 7 days, it's v powerful stuff.

csoul, are you the member Angelferiani?

Depends on the type of examination performed. This scale my exam is quite common, is in pg/ml instead ng/dl.

Depends on the method you used for tests, but that does not change in terms of %. At this scale, the Finasteride was taking effect, there would be some number around 300 pg / ml. With Duta, these values ​​are close to 100 pg / ml. The scale is correct.

UK,

Yes, 1mg of Finasteride is to reduce considerably the DHT, but what I wanted was just to test this dosage every other day, since it is known that the half-life of finasteride is a few hours and not days as has been presented .

I would love to see the blood tests of who is using Finasteride and not taking daily but with intervals.

See this graph using the scale ng / dl. There is a reduction to less than almost 50% on the first day and remains almost by half by the third day (65ng/dl for something around 35ng/dl). Something not found in my blood test.

Being that I remained for 20 days to have sure that'd be in bloodstream and this study shows that one days after administration, the reduction is well strong.

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    I actually got mine done yesterday too but ive been on fin 1mg for exactly 6 weeks. Did it cost you $80 as well? Trying to get my insurance to cover it
    Cost me $40 bucks bro. Also gonna check if my insurance covers it but i doubt it. Let us know your results man! They said id get mine in a week

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    csoul, are you the member Angelferiani?
    I have no idea who Angelferiani is... I am me.

Do you know how much 989 pg /ml in ng/dL? I am trying to calculate that with some online converters without luck. I just want to compare with my results.

I like your approach. I will test my DHT and testosterone again in one month because I am already feeling side effects even with 0.5mg of generic finasteride. My semen is very clear now and my libido is going down very fast.

The DHT test cost $60 using the following online service. I tried this site several times and work amazing and their customer service is very friendly and fast. You don't even need to have any doctor order because they create one for you to the closest lab in your area.
    www.labtestportal.com

Friend csoul,

You can convert these units here:
    http://www.converter-unidades.info/c...tipo=densidade

989pg/ml is approximately 0.989 ng/dL. The scale is relatively simple.

Here in Brazil is very simple do exams, because as the public health service does not work well, we have to pay for private health plans, so these blood tests are pay by the health plan.

Wow 0.989 ng/dL is super low.

My last DHT test was 46 ng/dL (Reference Range Adult Male 30-85).

That does not make any sense to have almost cero of DHT

I thought that my 46 ng/dL was already low because I have seen results here of people with DHT on the 200s or 300s (ng/dL ) so 0.989 ng/dL does not make any sense at all.