+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I agree with you, but those are the numbers I have at the moment. What I'll do is persist with the results in different "models" to see what happens, as I will do with this new test here 1 month with 0.5 mg of finasteride daily. If this new test show any reduction, we can certainly conclude that both Saw Palmetto and the method "every other day" are not effective when it is DHT (the villain of baldness yet known). If do not give any reduction, I'll be in doubt who to sue first.

In relation to my base value, for some reason after I start these substances (unapproved) to inhibit DHT, there was an increase of the same. I do not know if my body deregulated with these drugs that were to reduce and there was a rebound effect. What I do know is that just earlier this year, shortly after inicado Saw Palmetto I had a huge hair loss. Until I could be shedding the Saw Palmetto and just at that time my DHT went up, found the exams.

I will update all here soon. IŽll do another blood test in a few days with the use of 0.5 mg of finasteride. Anyway, thanks for the answers, tdo.

Hugs.

WHY do you keep posting your obviously messed up tests. YOUR BASELINE IS WRONG. JUST LOOK. QUIT DOING TESTS AND TRYING TO CONVINCE PEOPLE.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    WHY do you keep posting your obviously messed up tests. YOUR BASELINE IS WRONG. JUST LOOK. QUIT DOING TESTS AND TRYING TO CONVINCE PEOPLE.
    fortunately my intention was never to want to convince someone not gain anything from it. I'm just sharing this information for those who are interested and do not want to get attached to any study of the internet. You are wrong, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    fortunately my intention was never to want to convince someone not gain anything from it. I'm just sharing this information for those who are interested and do not want to get attached to any study of the internet. You are wrong, sorry.
    Your results don't make a whole lot of sense though. Finadteride doesn't attack dht directly, as you know, its the 5ar that is destroyed. Once a 5ar molecule is attacked, its done. It won't produce anymore dht. It then takes the body several days to synthesize new 5ar. That's why the half life of finasteride in the bloodstream doesn't really matter.

Perhaps you should have given this trial more time?

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticyouth View Post
    Your results don't make a whole lot of sense though. Finadteride doesn't attack dht directly, as you know, its the 5ar that is destroyed. Once a 5ar molecule is attacked, its done. It won't produce anymore dht. It then takes the body several days to synthesize new 5ar. That's why the half life of finasteride in the bloodstream doesn't really matter.

Exactly optimisticyouth.

The half-life of finasteride does not matter if it actually prevented the conversion to DHT was made even after finasteride was no longer present in the blood.

Finasteride attacks 5AR preventing testosterone from being converted into DHT. What was shown in this study is that when using a single dose of Finasteride was the reduction of DHT for several days. There was no need to do a "loading" of finasteride, according to the study.

I was using finasteride every other day for 20 days did not think it would need more time to observe any changes, since this study shows that the internet DHT decreased with only one dose.

If we analyze some comments unintelligent as the user "youngin", even though my baseline was wrong, my DHT was above 900pg/ml should have decreased, ie, IF my baseline was wrong it would not be relevant and should have been reduced DHT anyway.

If we analyze some comments unintelligent as the user "youngin", even though my baseline was wrong, my DHT was above 900pg/ml should have decreased, ie, IF my baseline was wrong it would not be relevant and should have been reduced DHT anyway.
    Oh yes lets analyze your messed up results. Baseline is obviously wrong. So compare the others. 26 days on Keratene = 965. 20 days on Fin = 942. OH LOOK, Keratene suppressed almost as much DHT as Fin, because Fin DOES WORK. Now go back to the thread on Keratene and admit to everyone it works. K THANKS. Or throw all of your results out because obviously they are WRONG.

Exactly optimisticyouth.

The half-life of finasteride does not matter if it actually prevented the conversion to DHT was made even after finasteride was no longer present in the blood.

Finasteride attacks 5AR preventing testosterone from being converted into DHT. What was shown in this study is that when using a single dose of Finasteride was the reduction of DHT for several days. There was no need to do a "loading" of finasteride, according to the study.

I was using finasteride every other day for 20 days did not think it would need more time to observe any changes, since this study shows that the internet DHT decreased with only one dose.

That's what makes me question your results. I understand if propecia had no effect (perhaps you're a non-responder, or 20 days isn't enough time, idk) but for it to increase your dht seems illogical, to say the least.

Can't believe these results either. Julio has been a great poster and dedicated lot of time,money and effort but I think his blood tests are just messed up, maybe it's the elisa method that his lab uses or the lab just messed up overall. Cant believe that fin is not lowering his DHT.

Quote Originally Posted by optimisticyouth View Post

Not all 5ar is destroyed, DHT does not go to 0% serum concentration, 30 - 40% still remains, which is enough to slow down hair loss.

just got mine back I took the dht test 6 weeks after already starting fin. My result is

2932 pmol/l

WTF is that on the ng/dl scale? I am trying to find a converter. In December of 2011 my levels were 4128 pmol/l so it is significantly lower in my opinion