+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Julio,

Like I said in the Keratene thread, whoever is doing your blood testing is not doing it correctly.

Yes, the chart you showed of Propecia/Fin is the plasma half life, which is basically the time it is cleared from your blood. However, the biological half life of Propecia/Fin is 48 or 72 hrs. This is essentially the time it takes Fin to stop working and the body to start making DHT again.

Based on your test, one pill of Keratene is nearly as effective as 1mg of Propecia EOD, which is absurd......

If your blood testing proves anything, its that we have to take people's blood test results with a grain of salt.......

Quote Originally Posted by csoul View Post
    Wow 0.989 ng/dL is super low.

My last DHT test was 46 ng/dL (Reference Range Adult Male 30-85).

That does not make any sense to have almost cero of DHT

I thought that my 46 ng/dL was already low because I have seen results here of people with DHT on the 200s or 300s (ng/dL ) so 0.989 ng/dL does not make any sense at all.
    Csoul,

Correcting actually is not 0,989 but 98.9 ng / dl, my fault. It is high above the standard which is generally between 80 and 85.

Here is a website for accurate conversion of these values. The previous number(0,989) is x 100. = 98,9ng/dl.

http://www3.hermespardini.com.br/pag...-medidas-.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by tdo View Post
    Julio,

Like I said in the Keratene thread, whoever is doing your blood testing is not doing it correctly.

Yes, the chart you showed of Propecia/Fin is the plasma half life, which is basically the time it is cleared from your blood. However, the biological half life of Propecia/Fin is 48 or 72 hrs. This is essentially the time it takes Fin to stop working and the body to start making DHT again.

Based on your test, one pill of Keratene is nearly as effective as 1mg of Propecia EOD, which is absurd......

If your blood testing proves anything, its that we have to take people's blood test results with a grain of salt.......
    tdo,

The blood test is correct, what it shows is that the way in which the Kératene had no effectiveness, manage Finasteride in this way is somewhat doubtful. Someone here in the forum had done blood tests running this way? Or just everyone believes in some graphic released on the internet?

Sorry dude, but I do not believe either of these things and how I have the possibility to take exams and everything, I prefer to do them and make sure the things they are saying.

I'm not 100% confident that this graphic is correct. As in various places including the instruction of Finasteride, there is the explanation that the half-life of 5 to 6 hours on the average, very different from 48 or 72 hours.

Look what the instructions say:
    "The mean terminal half-life is approximately 5 to 6 hours in men aged 18-60 years and in 12 hours have disappeared from the body."

48 hours? No. If in 12 hours since there is nothing in the plasma, it is quite possible that return to normal levels within 12 hours or less.

As I said in other tests taking finasteride as normal, 1mg per day, DHT reduces consideravalmente.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioGP View Post
    tdo,

The blood test is correct, what it shows is that the way in which the Kératene had no effectiveness, manage Finasteride in this way is somewhat doubtful. Someone here in the forum had done blood tests running this way? Or just everyone believes in some graphic released on the internet?

Sorry dude, but I do not believe either of these things and how I have the possibility to take exams and everything, I prefer to do them and make sure the things they are saying.

I'm not 100% confident that this graphic is correct. As in various places including the instruction of Finasteride, there is the explanation that the half-life of 5 to 6 hours on the average, very different from 48 or 72 hours.

Look what the instructions say:
    "The mean terminal half-life is approximately 5 to 6 hours in men aged 18-60 years and in 12 hours have disappeared from the body."

48 hours? No. If in 12 hours since there is nothing in the plasma, it is quite possible that return to normal levels within 12 hours or less.

As I said in other tests taking finasteride as normal, 1mg per day, DHT reduces consideravalmente.
    Julio,

I am just trying to help you out so you dont needlessly keep on paying for blood tests which are incorrect.

I am in graduate school and I have taken many hours of pharmacology. There is a difference between plasma half life and biological half life.

If you dont believe me, look up on the subject yourself......

Tdo Okay, thank you.

But how then you explain to me when I took finasteride daily and did the exams, my DHT reduced by about 50%?

It was exactly the same blood test, the difference is that instead of waiting almost two days(more than 30 hours) to do the blood test, I did the next day. In that case, yes my examination showed the efficiency of Finasteride reduce DHT, which did not happen in this case. If you can take a more technical explanation then the difference between these situations would be commendable.

Julio,

I cant say why there is a discrepancy between your tests. There are just too many variables. I dont know where, who, or how you are getting your blood tests done. I dont know if anything has changed with your lab since you got your blood measured the first time. Its impossible to speculate on my part...

You should have realized something was terribly wrong with your blood tests after you got the saw palmetto results. That in itself is a huge red flag.

Anyhow, good luck with your journey in the agonizing hair loss fight. I wish you nothing but the best my friend!

hey i'm getting my blood test done in a day or so what should i be asking for specifically? thanks guys

tdo, I do not think the problem is with my results or my lab. The Ryan555 conducted blood tests and found no changes. In my previous results I took Fina daily tests showed reductions in DHT. Nothing has changed in the laboratory, is one of the best in Brazil. I believe that what is wrong is these studies no reliable source and that are published on the internet. There are few people who do tests to observe the outcome, most believe these studies and will never perform a blood test to see if it's true or not. I understand your opinion, but I believe in my results instead these studies rather mysterious and nobody knows who the author is. Soon make another test with the use of 0.5 mg and post here. Let's see what will happen

One more thing tdo. Who have you seen in the forum that conducted blood tests before and after using Saw Palmetto and confirmed its effectiveness? Until today I have not seen anyone. We have to be careful with what is spoken and what is proven with tests and not tests of unknown authors launched on the internet. See this for example:

"Dr. Leavitt gave a speech two years ago that SP has NO effect on DHT. I would counter there are studies showing it does have some benefit, but how much compared to Propecia? I think the studies for SP are sorely lacking in quality and quantity. Some people think SP is better and safer than Propecia because it's natural. Just because something is made in nature's lab versus man's lab doesn't make it any better or safer. I think I'll stick with Propecia and over a decade of study data and proof of efficacy before trusting my hair to SP. "

And another user:
    "I was taking Saw Palmetto 520mg/day and Beta Sitosterol 375mg/day. My blood test saw no effect on my serum DHT levels (DHT in blood).
    On the other hand 0.5mg of Dut (EOD when I did another blood test) saw significant reduction on my DHT.
    SP and BS are both have a very weak antiandrogen effect. This effect is not able to fight MPB...
    We spend A LOT of money and time for our hair. A blood test can give you many answers..."

Ie, there are many saying that there is NO the effectiveness of Saw Palmetto in DHT, exactly what my blood test showed. Why believe otherwise if nobody does blood tests? I think that is the option of each believe what you want, but I prefer to believe my blood tests performed in a laboratory highly recognized than simple texts on the internet.

Julio,

I never said SP was effective at lowering DHT.

Seriously, look at your results. It makes absolutely no sense.

You had a baseline of 723 yet you took various DHT lowering drugs and saw your DHT increase.

Even if SP and Keratene has questionable effectiveness on DHT , your DHT level should have stayed nearly the same and not increase by over 35 percent.

The same thing happened again when you took Fin, something that is proven to lower your DHT levels. Even if you think Fin is able to lose its pharmacological effects in less than 12 hours, the body will not over produce DHT levels to a tune of 30 percent over your baseline.

Just think about your results from a logical stand point for a minute.... How does it even make any sense?

So either your baseline of 723 is wrong or something is totally not right about your blood testing results. Seeing that your SP, Keratene, and Fin have similar DHT numbers, I can only conclude that your blood testing results are inaccurate.

I applaud you for taking the steps to get hard facts by getting your blood work done, but I'm sorry to say your results don't prove much to me...