+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwingingGate View Post
    Interesting.

I have the same shedding going on, scored abominably low on a Vit D test.
    On 10,000 a day right now for a month, then 1,000.

We will see.
    Here's some info on my shedding, let me know if you have any similarities.
    I'm 29 and mine has been happening for the past ~3years now and there's a good chance I've been Vit D deficient during that whole time along with having high cholesterol (not too high, I'm overall healthy and in great athletic shape).

It used to shed profusely during the Fall season, then I'd have some regrowth by Spring. But now the shedding has gotten so bad that the regrowth isn't noticed. I have clear signs of hair loss.

Sometimes my scalp would feel a strong tingling/burning sensation at some points during the shed.

All the hairs falling out have a small white bulb at the end. People say this means it's just going through it's natural cycle and it'll grow back, but I don't think its the case considering my hairloss has gotten worst.

I don't have the typical receding hair line. My hair is just shedding from the top.

I recently found out that I have a wheat/gluten allergy. I'm going to get an official sensitivity test done soon, but I've heard of the possibility of having some type of autoimmune/inflammation response to wheat allergy that could be related to hair shedding.

See any similarities with yours?

Well, I think I am in the MPB group, but I wonder with my Vit D levels being low, if there isn't some correlation...especially with the recent studies.

I am 37, first noticed thinning behind center of hairline and vertex 2 Summers ago. Last Summer, I went thru a vicious bout of TE with the white clubs as you mentioned. I had the same scalp tingling, burning, with Folliculitis, and the Derm sent me home with a topical steroid oil. Eventually the TE went away, but the hairloss did not correct.

This Summer the "TE" is back, without the white clubs. I am shedding on top in the classic MPB pattern, but in the back and on the sides as well. I insisted that my GP test my Vit D, and sure enough it was low. I also had the reoccurrence of red, tingling scalp, but switching to a Sulfate-Free shampoo has completed cleared this. I am prone to allergies, dermatitis, etc., so this helped.

I am back on Rogaine, and considering tapering on to Propecia, as I have tried it 2X before with side effects.

I don't know what to make of all this (I think Androgenic Alopecia is a complex system of several factors), but we may be on to something.

Good luck!