+ Reply to Thread

Default How many grafts per cm2 do you think is in his crown.

As I am a NW6.......I need to be getting creative, you guys may have already seen some of my posts and I am currently researching and thinking a lot about what to get done.......

It looks like I am now possibly going to start by getting 3000-3500 FUE to frame my face and give the frontal half of my scalp coverage.

After that I think I am probably not going to have much more donor......may go to Dr Gho for a for a light coverage of the crown region......I am trying to get a good idea of the densities throughout the scalp which are realistic for me.......

Specifically the crown........I really am not too fussed about the density of the crown, I want some coverage but thin coverage is fine.

I found an image of a guy with a thin crown....I would be happy with this density........can anyone make a good estimate as to the density of this guys crown? How many grafts do you think he has per cm2 ?

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    As I am a NW6.......I need to be getting creative, you guys may have already seen some of my posts and I am currently researching and thinking a lot about what to get done.......

It looks like I am now possibly going to start by getting 3000-3500 FUE to frame my face and give the frontal half of my scalp coverage.

After that I think I am probably not going to have much more donor......may go to Dr Gho for a for a light coverage of the crown region......I am trying to get a good idea of the densities throughout the scalp which are realistic for me.......

Specifically the crown........I really am not too fussed about the density of the crown, I want some coverage but thin coverage is fine.

I found an image of a guy with a thin crown....I would be happy with this density........can anyone make a good estimate as to the density of this guys crown? How many grafts do you think he has per cm2 ?
    sausage:
    For reference, I posted our recent patient who is a Norwood 6. 3 1/2 months ago he had 2840 grafts placed, to frame his face + ACell and PRP treatment. His donor density was on the low side. Dr. Cole placed his hairline high and the photos below reflect the view angles at which a Norwood 6 should be able to enjoy a cosmetic improvement after having a relatively low number of grafts placed.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Atlanta, GA
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2840.jpg

Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	22132  
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:50 PM.

the density has to do with hair diameter hair type and graft ratio.....

this factors give tremendus differencies in the outcome.

clinics tend to use picture examples including only graft number but just imagine how big difference can be done to a result with same grafts but more triples doubles

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    sausage:
    For reference, I posted our recent patient who is a Norwood 6. 3 1/2 months ago he had 2840 grafts placed, to frame his face + ACell and PRP treatment. His donor density was on the low side. Dr. Cole placed his hairline high and the photos below reflect the view angles at which a Norwood 6 should be able to enjoy a cosmetic improvement after having a relatively low number of grafts placed.

Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Thanks for your post.....

I see that is after 3 and a half months.......is it expected to get thicker? as it does look pretty thin. Do you have graft per cm2 numbers? or photos taken from above?

Even if that is as dense as that guy is going to get, I would not mind that in the crown region, Ideally for me the front 2 inches need to be dense and gradually become as thin as that guy in your photos towards the centre/crown region.

Thanks for your post.....

I see that is after 3 and a half months.......is it expected to get thicker? as it does look pretty thin. Do you have graft per cm2 numbers? or photos taken from above?

Even if that is as dense as that guy is going to get, I would not mind that in the crown region, Ideally for me the front 2 inches need to be dense and gradually become as thin as that guy in your photos towards the centre/crown region.
    As a general rule, at 4 months we see approximately 40% of the growth that is expected at around 12 months. Dr. Cole is careful not to place grafts too densely. An unnatural appearance must be avoided at all costs. It's much better to add more density later if necessary than to "thin" an area where grafts were placed too close together.

Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:50 PM.

As a general rule, at 4 months we see approximately 40% of the growth that is expected at around 12 months. Dr. Cole is careful not to place grafts too densely. An unnatural appearance must be avoided at all costs. It's much better to add more density later if necessary than to "thin" an area where grafts were placed too close together.

Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    How long is Dr Cole's waiting list for surgery......when are the next available dates?

Also how much per FUE graft does he charge?

Just a side note I was thinking about. I commonly see men with hair loss "baby" their hair out of concern that they may dislodge hair and look thinner. Men also commonly baby their transplanted hair even after several months have gone by. Just to put things in perspective, we had a repair patient in recently who had a low hairline placed straight across his forehead by another clinic. Twos, threes and four hair grafts placed right on the hairline. He was shocked when his transplanted hair began to grow. He went in for a couple of rounds of laser hair removal and still couldn't "kill" the transplanted hair. He came to us for surgical hair removal.

Personally, my hair grows better when I massage my scalp and brush it till my scalp turns pink/red from increased blood circulation.

Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Just a side note I was thinking about. I commonly see men with hair loss "baby" their hair out of concern that they may dislodge hair and look thinner. Men also commonly baby their transplanted hair even after several months have gone by. Just to put things in perspective, we had a repair patient in recently who had a low hairline placed straight across his forehead by another clinic. Twos, threes and four hair grafts placed right on the hairline. He was shocked when his transplanted hair began to grow. He went in for a couple of rounds of laser hair removal and still couldn't "kill" the transplanted hair. He came to us for surgical hair removal.

Personally, my hair grows better when I massage my scalp and brush it till my scalp turns pink/red from increased blood circulation.

Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Interesting, cheers for your help.

Could you answer the questions in my previous post. Thanks.

Interesting, cheers for your help.

Could you answer the questions in my previous post. Thanks.
    sausage:
    Our patient coordinator can provide you with available surgery dates as well as cost.
    Please call 678-566-1011 and ask for Parvin.

Chuck
    Cole Hair Transplant
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015 at 02:51 PM.