+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What are your own opinions on FUT

I just wanted to grasp the general feeling towards FUT as it is now, would you trust an IAHRS surgeon to do a good job? Would you consider it, what, if anything puts you off?

For me personally it is a little scary. My worst fears are:

1. The transplanted hair not growing, leaving me either to grow my NW6 hair out so I look like a Monk or shaving short but having a massive scar on show + being many thousands out of pocket because surgeons don't do refunds.

2. The skin being too tight when the scalp is closed up.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I just wanted to grasp the general feeling towards FUT as it is now, would you trust an IAHRS surgeon to do a good job? Would you consider it, what, if anything puts you off?

For me personally it is a little scary. My worst fears are:

1. The transplanted hair not growing, leaving me either to grow my NW6 hair out so I look like a Monk or shaving short but having a massive scar on show + being many thousands out of pocket because surgeons don't do refunds.

2. The skin being too tight when the scalp is closed up.
    It is very rare that the transplanted hair refuses grow.

Reputable hair restoration surgeons will not perform a strip on a patient whose scalp is too tight. A patient told me several months back he was rejected, in the chair on the day of surgery because his scalp was too tight for strip.

If you plan to wear your hair short, you should not consider FUT.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post

Reputable hair restoration surgeons will not perform a strip on a patient whose scalp is too tight. A patient told me several months back he was rejected, in the chair on the day of surgery because his scalp was too tight for strip.
    Did the patient get a refund?

If you plan to wear your hair short, you should not consider FUT.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office
    Cole Hair Transplant
    1045 Powers Place
    Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
    Phone 678-566-1011
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.

I think that is good advice, but that being said I would recommend anyone considering getting a hair transplant within the next 6 months wait to hear what Dr. Wesley has to say as he unveils his "scarless" technique this October.

So far we know Dr. Wesley's technique is:

-completely scarless
    -yields as good or better than FUT
    -you can keep you hair at whatever length you want for the surgery
    -there is a possibility of donor regeneration (we will know more about this in october)

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I think that is good advice, but that being said I would recommend anyone considering getting a hair transplant within the next 6 months wait to hear what Dr. Wesley has to say as he unveils his "scarless" technique this October.

So far we know Dr. Wesley's technique is:

-completely scarless
    -yields as good or better than FUT
    -you can keep you hair at whatever length you want for the surgery
    -there is a possibility of donor regeneration (we will know more about this in october)
    It is such a nightmare being a NW6 and trying to decide what to do. I have my own personal views on each method of hair treatment that is out there. Problem is, once I get set on something, I then hear something and get put off.

FUT: Was going to have a consultation with Hasson and Wong, wasn't too keen on FUT, never have been, I pulled out of going to the consultation partly due to my original fears about FUT but also because of other things I had heard.

FUE: Some surgeons straight out refuse to treat me, others are skeptical, then some are like, yeah we could start off with 3500 grafts and go from there. So it is a little confusing.....

I'd like to think even with my less than average donor that I could get 3000-3500 FUE in at the hairline to frame the face, then either leave it as that, which would leave a bald patch so I would personally keep my hair buzzed or I could SMP in the bald patch or get GHO to sparsely transplant some hair there, or maybe a mixture of the 2. This seems to now be my focus....but will likely change....

I keep going round in circles.

sausage if boldy grows thick then all fue and fut is for the past,

Quote Originally Posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE View Post
    sausage if boldy grows thick then all fue and fut is for the past,
    I am very very very skeptical about that......I am also getting impatient.

I can't keep waiting for what might be the next best thing. If Nigam fails......then something else will focus our attention.....it just goes on forever. I can't keep waiting I need to do something.

Although I may wait until these Nigam results are known just incase...which is supposed to be in Sept. But then I need to just get on with it and try to resolve my issues.

I think I could achieve a result like this with 3000 frontal grafts and an SMP'd crown:

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    It is such a nightmare being a NW6 and trying to decide what to do. I have my own personal views on each method of hair treatment that is out there. Problem is, once I get set on something, I then hear something and get put off.

FUT: Was going to have a consultation with Hasson and Wong, wasn't too keen on FUT, never have been, I pulled out of going to the consultation partly due to my original fears about FUT but also because of other things I had heard.

FUE: Some surgeons straight out refuse to treat me, others are skeptical, then some are like, yeah we could start off with 3500 grafts and go from there. So it is a little confusing.....

I'd like to think even with my less than average donor that I could get 3000-3500 FUE in at the hairline to frame the face, then either leave it as that, which would leave a bald patch so I would personally keep my hair buzzed or I could SMP in the bald patch or get GHO to sparsely transplant some hair there, or maybe a mixture of the 2. This seems to now be my focus....but will likely change....

I keep going round in circles.
    Trust me, you are far better off being bald than getting work done you will later regret. It certainly doesn't hurt to get a variety of opinions.
    Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-23-2015 at 09:41 AM.

Trust me, you are far better off being bald than getting work done you will later regret.
    yup

Yeah bro I would wait out little bit more. I like the concept of donor regeneration and scarless. Nigam price isnt too bad for fue with doubling. Time will tell if he and gho are truly legit. Few others doc are experimenting with donor regeneration.