What are your own opinions on FUT

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FearTheLoss
    • Dec 2012

dude at least wait until October when Dr. Wesley tells us everything about Pilofocus....

We know:

scarless

good as FUT or better

possible regeneration....so wait to see if there is regeneration and what the regeneration is

Comment

• sausage
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by FearTheLoss
      dude at least wait until October when Dr. Wesley tells us everything about Pilofocus....

We know:

scarless

good as FUT or better

possible regeneration....so wait to see if there is regeneration and what the regeneration is
      Do you know the following FearTheLoss........

Is he going to be the only one offering it if it has been a success?

Will he be able to do at least 2800+ grafts in a day?

Comment

• FearTheLoss
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by sausage
        Do you know the following FearTheLoss........

Is he going to be the only one offering it if it has been a success?

Will he be able to do at least 2800+ grafts in a day?
        I don't know about 2800+ grafts in one day, but I believe that will not be an issue. I think he could do more.

Also, there will be other doctors offering it, he is presenting it in October and he wants to share it with ALL of the doctors.

Comment

• sausage
          • Jan 2012

pooooooo, it sounds potentially good, but I am really fed up of waiting now.

If that Pilofocus is a failure then something else will come along that I should wait for, it's endless.

You may have convinced me though......will have to look into it.

Comment

• sausage
            • Jan 2012

.....just looked at the Pilofocus website....

I always wondered what the graft retention and complication rates were. I have questioned this on the forums many times....

From Pilofocus website:

"results in approximately 5% to 40% non-viable follicles that are unable to grow after being transplanted.. The current relatively-invasive surgical approaches are also accompanied by a 4.7% complication rate"

I believe these stats are from ISHRS clinics from 2009.

The complication rate is pretty low which is pleasing but potentially up to 40% of grafted follicles not growing is pretty crap.....hopefully that's improved since 2009.

It is good to hear that Pilofocus could potentially, more or less have a 100% growth rate.

They say they plan to file for FDA approval in early 2013. Has this been done? are we waiting for approval? is that why you mentioned October?

Why are we waiting on Dr Wesley? there is no mention of him on the Pilofocus website, is he part of Pilofocus or is he just expected to get some of the equipment for his clinic?

Also.....there is no mention of any regeneration which is too bad.

Comment

Working...