+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I give in!

Default I give in!

almost 50 & its got to a point where i given up. I try to keep some of my hair long, but it can't cover me bald spot any more.....i have to hide it under a baseball cap.

So, Ok.........thats it.
    Tomorrow i shave......right back, not skinhead but VERY short. I hope Histogen pans out, but i suspect it will never quite make it to market...at lest anytime soon.

I guess there just comes a time.........at lest i got to 45 before it became a problem.

Mike/liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Agem View Post
    almost 50 & its got to a point where i given up. I try to keep some of my hair long, but it can't cover me bald spot any more.....i have to hide it under a baseball cap.

So, Ok.........thats it.
    Tomorrow i shave......right back, not skinhead but VERY short. I hope Histogen pans out, but i suspect it will never quite make it to market...at lest anytime soon.

I guess there just comes a time.........at lest i got to 45 before it became a problem.

Mike/liverpool

I know how you feel Mike, i'm 44, my loss is now becoming an issue - had the back n sides clippered last week (first time since i can remember) and to be honest, the feeling of slight liberation doing that is nice, but to clipper my crown and vertex, well, that'll be hard, respect to you - i feel i'll be following you soon tho - fcking hairloss.

I recommend you both cut your hair shorter in increments, get a haircut every 4 weeks, and each time get it cut shorter than the last, it puts less pressure on you when it comes to the moment of truth as you and those around you will already be used to seeing you with very short / shaved hair.

Agreed. Im 23, did the above. Barely come on here.

To add , if you are planning a week's vacation get it buzzed using a # 2 .
    Then you have a week to get used to it .
    By the time you go back to work no one will know he difference or care ---just say you cut it short for your vacation .

Hairloss is a bitch, but at 50 it's really a different case than when you're in your twenties. At 50 it's very common for men to lose hair, while in your twenties you're a ridiculous outsider...

Sorry for my last post, that wasn't really a valuable addition to this thread. Sometimes I just feel I have to express my frustrations. Hope you can get used to the buzzed look. I would personally always prefer that to comb-overs by a thousand miles.

I've decided to move on as well. I've quit all my treatment protocols three months ago. My hair and I've had a good run together. Like a lot of relationships, people hold on long after they should.

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    I've decided to move on as well. I've quit all my treatment protocols three months ago. My hair and I've had a good run together. Like a lot of relationships, people hold on long after they should.
    Commendable. Good luck, brother. You better believe there is a point where I will do the same. I've got my NW 2.5 with good density up top, so I feel like it's worth fighting for.

Barring side effects or reaching NW 4, I'll probably hold on. Either of those happen and I'm with ya.

Best.

I just started this battle very late in the game. My hair is s#!t. We will see what happens, but if I don't see any improvement or it gets worse I will throw in the towel also.