+ Reply to Thread

Default My Personal Dutas Update

July 27th will mark 120 days on Dr. Reddy's Dutas purchased from inhouse. Three years back I was on Avodart but had to stop when I changed insurance companies. Had to go back to Finasteride but it wasn't doing as good of a job. Decided to give Dutas (0.5 MG per day) a shot, but was really worried if it was a true generic substitute.

Here is my personal experience up to this point:

1) Major shed!!! (So bad that I would not post pics)

2) A large number of vellus hairs and a few small but thicker dark hairs appearing along my hairline

3) Now noticing slight tenderness around my nipples that I have not experienced since I was taking Avodart.

While this shed has me pulling my hair out (bad joke) I am hopeful that since the sides I am seeing mimic those that occurred when I was taking doctor prescribed and pharmacy filled Avodart, that this means Dr. Reddy's Dutas is legit and I am on the road to seeing good results as more time goes by.

BTW: I am 45 years old and started taking measures to keep hair loss at bay since age 24.

Quote Originally Posted by gsr852 View Post
    July 27th will mark 120 days on Dr. Reddy's Dutas purchased from inhouse. Three years back I was on Avodart but had to stop when I changed insurance companies. Had to go back to Finasteride but it wasn't doing as good of a job. Decided to give Dutas (0.5 MG per day) a shot, but was really worried if it was a true generic substitute.

Here is my personal experience up to this point:

1) Major shed!!! (So bad that I would not post pics)

2) A large number of vellus hairs and a few small but thicker dark hairs appearing along my hairline

3) Now noticing slight tenderness around my nipples that I have not experienced since I was taking Avodart.

While this shed has me pulling my hair out (bad joke) I am hopeful that since the sides I am seeing mimic those that occurred when I was taking doctor prescribed and pharmacy filled Avodart, that this means Dr. Reddy's Dutas is legit and I am on the road to seeing good results as more time goes by.

BTW: I am 45 years old and started taking measures to keep hair loss at bay since age 24.
    Good luck. I just got my Dr Reddys and think I'll pop the first one on Monday.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Just curious what the cost is???
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Just curious what the cost is???
    Approximately $35 per 30 day supply. What is sad is that because of the greed and lobbying power of drug companies in the US, I as well as so many others have to take chances when it comes to prescription medications, or simply go without.

The Commonwealth Fund's Biennial Health Insurance Survey revealed that in 2012, 50 million working-age adults in America didn't fill a prescription because of cost.

It should not matter whether it is drug for hair loss or cancer, prescription medication should not be a luxury that only the rich can afford.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I agree. Unfortunately, the doctors who right the prescriptions do not get any kick backs from the drug companies. In the old days that might have happened, but not in the past 15 years that I have been in practice.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile