+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

also, is it possible to just take rogaine and maybe like saw palmetto/biotin/other voodoo magic supplements and avoid taking propecia? Or is it just stupid not to try propecia and if it gives sides just drop it?

I just want to do something that can hold at least what I have now until i'm at least 30 and then let nature take it's course when its... socially acceptable to do so.

I'm mainly just afraid of balding so young, with an aspiring career path and women after college ahead of me...

thanks guys

Like you said just try propecia, if you get sides, then stop taking it. Another thing, you will not like the idea of being bald at 30 either.

Start with fin. Don't worry about sides, they are uncommon. Remember the goal is to stop or slow down hair loss, so if you don't see regrowth, do not worry, fin is still working for you in slowing down loss.

Think of it as a daily hair vitamin.

So I think I'm gonna do rogaine + a tapered dosage of fin from .25mg up to the 1mg eventually...

Is this a good recipe for thickening up the temples?

I would be ecstatic if I could do that - and at least slow the receding..

I have the rogaine from cvs one month just because I wanted to prove to myself that I was going to do something finally, and I have an apt with a doctor tomorrow who will hopefully shoot me a script to give to CVS for fin..

You have almost all your 20s ahead of you? Maximize regrowth on dut + keto 2% shampoo (+ minox if you can keep up with it). Wish I did that at your age.

Apparently DHT inhibs have a slight chance of ruining your life for years but overall I would say the risk is worth it. Grow hair, get girls, be happy

Good luck.

Isn't duta going to give me more risk for sides or am I wrong? I want to keep my hair but if I don't have a dick do anything with what's the point anyway.

Also to add another question to my question,

if shedding occurs with minox 5% will it definitely grow back if I stick to it?
    it says do not use on the frontal hairline, is that just because they didnt test it?
    do I need to use it twice a day and the same dosage as intended if I currently have no loss other than a cowlick on my crown really?

even more, I definitely still have a lot of wispy white hairs all throughout my thinning area and in front of my hairline still.
    Is this an indication of what I can save, as I know that when they appear when using minox it is an indication of what you are saving?

Sorry for all this nonsense, any advice is appreciated as always.

I was just today stressing how m hair was wispy, especially in the frontal region. Got my hair cut really short (2-guard) on sides and back and tapered up to a ~4 guard on top.

My hair looks so much sharper and thicker. I'm starting to think if my front goes (hopefully at a slower pace, due to fin), I would be fine as long as my crown and vertex stay somewhat thick.

ok so just got finasteride..

I payed 70$ at CVS for it but it seems to be generic to me... "171" on the back and no propecia on the label... Did I get majorly ripped the **** off and payed brand price for generic or is this common?

Also I want to do the taper method to start.
    Should I just take a full 1mg one day then 2 days then 3 days until im at the full 7 day week?
    Or .25mg 4 days and then up the dosage until im at the full 1mg per day? Or does it not matter?

So starting now I'm going to be taking propecia ramping up to 1mg a day by like 4 months from now... being conservative off the start.. if I see hair loss within the next month continue I might up the dosage and if I see sides I'll just halt it or stop if it's too bad. I'd rather edge the ship into the water off the beach I guess..

Going to start rogaining too, verb!
    Do i need to do it twice a day or bust?