+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    How much would it cost for me to get a full lace and expense to keep it up?
    Firstly, you need to think of it on a yearly basis.
    They need replacing because the hairs eventually start to fall out. The base you get determines how often they need replacing.

Having it short like you want means the hairs won't fall out very easily, so you would probably get longer out of them than most people.

Also, you want to have at least two at a time. Makes it easier to take one off and replace it with the other quickly.
    Also gives that peace of mind of having a backup incase one gets damaged somehow or something.

The amount you spend per year ranges huugely depending on how lazy you are and what quality product you want.

If you went all out and got the best possible product (skin base) and put in no effort (let the clinic do it all for you) then you would probably be paying something like $5000 per year!
    But if you get a slightly lower quality product (lace base) and ordered it yourself from oversea in bulk you could probably keep your costs down to something closer to $500 a year!
    Massive difference.

Otherwise you could a balance anywhere in-between that sort of range to whatever suits you financially and effort wise.

When you go to Farrell their prices will probably scare you. But that's fine just go along with it and learn what you can from them. You can always take that knowledge and order overseas for a small fraction of their price.
    But it would be good to get the first two from them to learn all the tricks.

Considering I have to shave my head completely bald, how often would I have to re-fit my system?
    Differs for everyone but probably about once a month.
    If your hair grows really fast then maybe a bit more often.

Can I sleep/shower with it on?
    Certainly.
    Swimming and showering etc isn't a problem at all. The owner of a clinic here who wears a full system is a regular surfer.

They just advise you not to immerse it in water for the first 40ish hours after getting it attached. Might weaken the bond and need refitting sooner.
    Also when you put your hair under the shower you shouldn't have it too hot or it could weaken the bond also.

Sleeping isn't a problem. The product I have I can't even feel it's there at all at any time of day except in extreme heat.

I like my hair short on the sides, do I HAVE to have it long to hide the base?
    I don't know how short you mean. If you mean like buzzed to the sort of length where you can see skin clearly. Then that might be pushing it. You'd be stuck with only the most expensive product as an option and even then there could be issues.
    But I don't know, ask Farell.

I might visit Farrell hair here in Columbus Ohio, they gave me a call a few times, I chickened out and told them it's not for me yet. This time I want to go down there and see what this is all about.
    Definitely. They will be able to give much better answers to all of these questions.
    But they are going to quote you pretty huge prices.

Parker, I can't thank you enough.. you've been a huge help!!

This is the exact hair style I'm hoping to achieve with a system
    Attached Images

Parker, I can't thank you enough.. you've been a huge help!!

This is the exact hair style I'm hoping to achieve with a system
    I've heard there are issues with getting it too short. I can't imagine what problems but I guess you'll need to ask a professional.

Or create a thread asking more experienced wearers about this (I don't know much, I'm relatively new to it all).

If you are able to get it that short you'd at least need like the skin or french lace that celebrities get.

I know you're probably a long way off but, make sure Farrell actually has a decent reputation before giving them any money.
    Also make sure you know what base you would be getting and research it before paying.

I don't know anything about Farrell but some of these companies can be very dishonest and may screw you over with some cheap mop looking wig.

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    I've heard there are issues with getting it too short. I can't imagine what problems but I guess you'll need to ask a professional.

I don't know anything about Farrell but some of these companies can be very dishonest and may screw you over with some cheap mop looking wig.
    I can't see how there would be any problems either.. people spike the hair line with systems, what difference would it be along the sides.

Also, I'm not going to Farrell, he would def be way to expensive.. there is a local clinic who specializes in systems.. I'm gona check them out!

Would you post a pic of your system? If you don't want to, that's ok.. you've helped me a lot already. Can't wait to see if this will work for me, would take away most of my anxiety about my MPB.

I can't see how there would be any problems either.. people spike the hair line with systems, what difference would it be along the sides.

Also, I'm not going to Farrell, he would def be way to expensive.. there is a local clinic who specializes in systems.. I'm gona check them out!

Would you post a pic of your system? If you don't want to, that's ok.. you've helped me a lot already. Can't wait to see if this will work for me, would take away most of my anxiety about my MPB.
    Ive seen pictures of your hair, its so thick

whats the issue?

I have to agree. If your hair is still anything like that then I definitely wouldn't recommend replacing it yet.
    The clinic will probably advise you that it's much too early anyway.
    You can lose so much more hair before switching and still get away with it without anyone knowing.

Your hairline is just matured nicely there and is still as thick as otter fur.
    Slight crown thinning, but I'd just use Caboki or Toppik to thicken it up if you're concerned about it.

Using concealers like those will keep you able to hide your hair loss until eventually it gets bad then you can switch to a system seamlessly.

And aside from that..... work on not being such a perfectionist about body image. All of us on this board need to start doing this.

Those are pictures are from 4 years ago.. I'll post an update if I can get the courage too.. just take my word for it, my hair has thinned a lot on top. I can no longer pull off hair longer than 1 inch.. have to keep it short and paste derrmach to hide thinning.

I want a piece.

Those are pictures are from 4 years ago.. I'll post an update if I can get the courage too.. just take my word for it, my hair has thinned a lot on top. I can no longer pull off hair longer than 1 inch.. have to keep it short and paste derrmach to hide thinning.

I want a piece.
    Oh fair enough.

One thing I think I've neglected to mention is, towards the end of the attachment cycle you get some little parts lifting a little bit. Especially if you have an active lifestyle like it sounds like you do.

This might be why it's bad to have it so short.
    You'll need to get the strongest adhesive available.

But you can keep a little adhesive top upper at home and apply it to the parts that are coming up whenever you notice them.

I think having it short might just be one of those things where it's possible, but it just makes it a much bigger pain in the ass and you really have to focus on it and worry about it alot more than if it was just a little bit longer.