+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Life is shit.......being bald

So.....I don't go out drinking that much because I hate hangovers and I know the chances are I will get at least one comment about my lack of hair.

I went out last night and as usual/as standard I got grief cos of my lack of hair.......

This time it was some random girl who decided to talk to me and my mates.....first mention of my hair was when she introduced us to her friends.......BALD COMMENT NUMBER 1: I was introduced as 'baldy'. We started talking about pubs/bars in town and I said I had earlier been to a specific bar in town and she said she didn't like it because she thought the girls that go there were too pretty and so were the guys. BALD ABUSE NUMBER 2: She went on to ask 'do you really think you have any chance of getting with those girls'. BALD ABUSE NUMBER 3: She ends up rubbing my bald head. She said that I should try another pub/bar in town sometime and weirdly, although she was offending me with her knobhead comments I think she was trying to come onto me, asking me to come down to this pub/bar where she worked and was clearly asking me to come down at a specific time, winking at me and so on.

Thing is, she wasn't attractive, I wasn't interested, she had already seriously offended me, I didn't really understand how she thought she could come onto me after straight out abuse. I did not get it, If I had introduced her to my mates as 'flat chested' I think I would have got a knee to the balls whereas she thinks it's fine to call me 'baldy'.

A long time ago when I had hair I had some HOT looking girls after me, to go from that to having some unattractive girl come up to me, abuse me/chat me up, is hard to deal with.

I already know how people perceive me with no hair, with mates and strangers commenting in a negative way on it, I can see in the mirror that it's bad. And when you get regular comments on it and as stern comments like I got from her that I basically am not good looking enough for a certain bar you realise just how you are perceived by everyone. When I was younger I would get girls coming onto me, mates (weirdly) would tell me I am good looking, so I knew I was an attractive guy, these days it's pretty much the opposite.

Makes me realise that I need to do something about it. Makes me now want to do whatever I can to get my hair back.........ie get FUT which scares the shit out of me.....but even though I am deeply concerned that it may not work for me....it is the fault of humankind that I have had to get it done......I think if I explained to anyone the abuse I get for my hair they would understand why I got a hair transplant.

It is all bullshit.

It's a common problem for people who relied only on their looks to get girls before they went bald. No girl has ever abused be for my lack of hair, men on the other hand have often been merciless, Bristish or American guys particularly, bald guys don't get as much shit here in Brussels, so it may be a cultural problem.

I don't think my life is shit being bald, in fact it's pretty good. But I've never had the transition from all the attention from girls to nothing because I've never looked like a male model, hair or not. All the girls I dated, I dated them after 17 years old, so I've never been on the dating scene with a full head of hair. I've always found it hard to believe guys who says "girls threw themselves at me before hair loss".

I think style is very important, do you buzz your hair very short? Do you have a well-groomed beard?

If you should have a HT, look into a FUE, we're not in 1998 anymore.

I think you should have read inbetween the lines on this one, the comment she made about girls and guys being too pretty at a bar and that you wouldnt do well to pull there says to me "im not into pretty boys and she preffered a more masculine look i.e you and that you'd be better off trying your luck with me", she was sounding you out there, seeing how you reacted to a bit of light mickey taking, seeing if you were a confident guy, and if she rubbed your head and invited you to visit her pub she was defo interested (if a girl touches you during conversation be it your head or strokes your arm or your shoulder its usually a sure sign, if a woman wants to rub my head during a night out she's welcome to) and it sounds to me that in the past she's found a way to carry a convo with a man she fancys is to make one or two flirty jokes about his head and its probably worked. A girl who i worked with would make comments about my hair, i confidently took it on the chin and a couple of weeks later she was stroking my arm during conversations and asking for my number and she was a very pretty mixed race girl. I bet if you followed up you could get your leg over on this girl.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up

Sausage, your in the right crowd of people here. We all must support each other ..times WILL be better for you -believe it. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    I don't think my life is shit being bald, in fact it's pretty good.........I've always found it hard to believe guys who says "girls threw themselves at me before hair loss".
    No offense......you seem very happy being bald, and don't seem to empathise with my situation because of that........so why are you on a forum if you are content with life as a bald guy?

"girls throwing themselves at me" is maybe a bit strong, but I had a fair few girls ask me out, some whom I went out with, several very pretty, and I never heard a negative word about my looks. It was a very positive time, made me feel good about myself, and there is nothing better than feeling very positive about yourself, my self-esteem was sky high..... whereas now I only get negative comments and it is the complete opposite, I am at a complete low.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayman View Post
    I think you should have read inbetween the lines on this one, the comment she made about girls and guys being too pretty at a bar and that you wouldnt do well to pull there says to me "im not into pretty boys and she preffered a more masculine look i.e you and that you'd be better off trying your luck with me", she was sounding you out there, seeing how you reacted to a bit of light mickey taking, seeing if you were a confident guy, and if she rubbed your head and invited you to visit her pub she was defo interested
    Personally, I did not enjoy being spoken to by her like that.....she quite bluntly said "do you really think you have a chance with those hot girls" I did not say anything at all to get that reaction. I really don't understand how she thought that would be a good way to chat sum1 up, if that was her intention . Yes she did say u should come to my bar, and said when she was going to be there in a *wink* *wink* flirty way............but at the end of the day I did not warm to her abuse whether playful or not, and I did not find her attractive.

It really has made me more determined to get something done about my hairloss and that I should not worry about what people think about me getting a hair transplant because what they think about me as a bald person is worse.

She obviously found you physically attractive but didn't expect you to be sensitive like you are, she presumed you to be confident about your looks (probably because you came across as a confident man) so thought a bit of light mickey taking was largely harmless and its her way of flirting in a sort of playground humor kind of way. Although you were too sensitive for her brand of flirting take away from this the positive brother, as a bald or balding man woman was into you, give her a go you might end up marrying her or at the least you could get some pretty decent sex out of it and if you're single while not eh?

She obviously found you physically attractive but didn't expect you to be sensitive like you are, she presumed you to be confident about your looks (probably because you came across as a confident man) so thought a bit of light mickey taking was largely harmless and its her way of flirting in a sort of playground humor kind of way. Although you were too sensitive for her brand of flirting take away from this the positive brother, as a bald or balding man woman was into you, give her a go you might end up marrying her or at the least you could get some pretty decent sex out of it and if you're single while not eh?
    lol

Girls know how to push guys buttons, it's pretty piss weak for her to pick out something that you're sensitive about. What's stopping you from making a laugh about it? She wouldn't be talking to you, if she didn't wasn't mildly interested. Nothing says sexy like confidence to women, you could of taken her home. Look first opinions people notice baldness but if you meet someone who is talking to you thats when you show your personality. If you constantly worry about your hair your never going to get laid. Your not the only guy in the world experience hair loss, it's really common..You can surround yourself with women who are actually open minded and care about more things than just hair. I know guys personally that look like the back of a cats ass but they are motivated, confident people and they get women.

I know it's not easy..

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    So.....I don't go out drinking that much because I hate hangovers and I know the chances are I will get at least one comment about my lack of hair.

I went out last night and as usual/as standard I got grief cos of my lack of hair.......

This time it was some random girl who decided to talk to me and my mates.....first mention of my hair was when she introduced us to her friends.......BALD COMMENT NUMBER 1: I was introduced as 'baldy'. We started talking about pubs/bars in town and I said I had earlier been to a specific bar in town and she said she didn't like it because she thought the girls that go there were too pretty and so were the guys. BALD ABUSE NUMBER 2: She went on to ask 'do you really think you have any chance of getting with those girls'. BALD ABUSE NUMBER 3: She ends up rubbing my bald head. She said that I should try another pub/bar in town sometime and weirdly, although she was offending me with her knobhead comments I think she was trying to come onto me, asking me to come down to this pub/bar where she worked and was clearly asking me to come down at a specific time, winking at me and so on.

Thing is, she wasn't attractive, I wasn't interested, she had already seriously offended me, I didn't really understand how she thought she could come onto me after straight out abuse. I did not get it, If I had introduced her to my mates as 'flat chested' I think I would have got a knee to the balls whereas she thinks it's fine to call me 'baldy'.

A long time ago when I had hair I had some HOT looking girls after me, to go from that to having some unattractive girl come up to me, abuse me/chat me up, is hard to deal with.

I already know how people perceive me with no hair, with mates and strangers commenting in a negative way on it, I can see in the mirror that it's bad. And when you get regular comments on it and as stern comments like I got from her that I basically am not good looking enough for a certain bar you realise just how you are perceived by everyone. When I was younger I would get girls coming onto me, mates (weirdly) would tell me I am good looking, so I knew I was an attractive guy, these days it's pretty much the opposite.

Makes me realise that I need to do something about it. Makes me now want to do whatever I can to get my hair back.........ie get FUT which scares the shit out of me.....but even though I am deeply concerned that it may not work for me....it is the fault of humankind that I have had to get it done......I think if I explained to anyone the abuse I get for my hair they would understand why I got a hair transplant.

It is all bullshit.

I don't think I came across as sensitive in front of her though, I just went with it, and joked along with her even though I found the bitch offensive.

As I said, I did not find her looks or her personality attractive, so I definitely won't be going to her pub, or make sweet godly love to her, and defo won't be marrying her.

In one way I may understand where she was coming from about that pub with the hot girls....it was the first time I have been there and had already been told b4 I went there that hot girls go there......then that bitch mentioned the hot girls........and yes a lot of the girls in there were stunning, looked like models, so yes I probably had no chance with them. I don't know why that pub attracts all the stunningly beautiful girls but there was also the odd unattractive girl, it wasn't just model-esque girls. Even looking online at reviews about the pub sum1 has commented "this pub is usually full of beautiful people that love themselves"

The odd bald guys I know who are of a similar age to me have attractive girlfriends, not quite high-street models but they are pretty, so it is obviously possible to get an attractive lady as a bald bloke.

I defo need a transplant now though. The amount of comments on my bald head over the years are all too common and this latest tirade is the final straw for me. I wonder if I am also unlucky that I get all these comments......I bet a lot of bald guys rarely get any abuse for it.......I seem to attract it even though I never provoke any responses and many comments come from strangers that I have only just met.

I feel your pain. It sucks when you look in the mirror and you no longer are happy with what you see. Once upon a time when I had hair, I used to get compliments about it and it felt good. Those days are long gone.

Don't spend to much thought on the comments from the ugly girl at the bar. Sounds like she needs to worry less about your looks and focus on her own.

You might not have as much hair as you once had, but with a name like "sausage" I am assuming you have other things going for you.