Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vox
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by fred970
    men on the other hand have often been merciless, Bristish or American guys particularly, bald guys don't get as much shit here in Brussels, so it may be a cultural problem.
    Personally I am convinced that it is, to some extend of course. See also the previous posts in this page.

Comment

• sausage
      • Jan 2012

I can't personally comment whether bald jokes/abuse happens in certain countries more than others. What I can say is Male banter is very common in the United Kingdom, taking the piss out of friends for whatever reason is very common. I do not know how this varies worldwide.

Females don't really do banter, they might have little jokes about dumb comments but they would not joke about each others looks.

None of this really explains why that girl I met the other night was such a cow though. It is not common for a girl to take the piss out of a guy like that.

God, I am still in a bad mood about it. It is something I really didn't need. It also totally justifies why I have not been out drinking for a long time.....cos I regularly get shit comments like that from strangers as well as friends on nights out. It is just an entirely depressing situation when I go out. Better to have my own company where no1 can piss me off.

Comment

• 35YrsAfter
        Doctor Representative
        • Aug 2012

"Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of chronic mind set in which you can't stop thinking about a flaw in your appearance — a flaw that is either minor or imagined. But to those with Body dysmorphic disorder, appearance seems unacceptable to the point that you don't want to be seen by anyone.

When you have body dysmorphic disorder, you intensely obsess over your appearance and body image, often for many hours a day. Your perceived flaw causes you significant distress, and your obsession impacts your ability to function in your daily life."

I have had this to a degree for many years with regards to my hair. I have a great life though. I have the best wife and a beautiful daughter. My wife and daughter both have a gorgeous head of hair. My daughter has a low hairline like my wife and thick dark hair. My father had a low hairline when he was young and I inherited my mother's high hairline which I never liked.

With regards to making fun of someone who is bald, this attitude goes way back to biblical times:
        "From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some boys came out of the town and jeered at him. “Get out of here, baldy!” they said. “Get out of here, baldy!” 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office]
        Cole Hair Transplant
        Atlanta, GA
        Phone 678-566-1011
        Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.
        Last edited by 35YrsAfter; 02-22-2015, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Dan26
          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by 35YrsAfter
          Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys."

Comment

• sausage
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Yates Hair Science
            People can be cold hearted when they are not happy with themselves. Apparently she has low self esteem to make comments like that. As far as you sausage if you are unhappy with your hair loss you need to do something about. I understand having a hair transplant FUE or FUT is a big decision. DO something good for yourself if it is wanting more hair then do it. You only have one life to live and you do not need to live it worried about hair loss. Good Luck I Wish You The Best.
            Yes, I have been thinking that recently........because I have been worried about spending money on a HT........when in reality the money should not matter so much as hair would change my life, still there are concerns that a HT won't work out and having less money will also make me unhappy.......

but right now I think I have convinced myself that hair will make me happier than money.

I am in the process of having face 2 face consultations in the near future.....depending how they go, will determine if I am able to get a HT.

Unfortunately I am a NW6, so it is pretty tough being able to get something reasonable done........If Pilofocus has reasonable regeneration it could be a massive boost for me. If not I'll have to make do with 3000-4000 FUE......and try to be creative, maybe getting a mixture of SMP with the FUE.

Comment

Working...