+ Reply to Thread

Question Take both Dutas & Fin???

The best results reported come from 2.5 MG of Dutasteride per day. That would get too expensive for me, even using generics (Dr. Reddy's Dutas). I was thinking of continuing 0.5 MG per day of Dutas while adding 1.25 MG of Fin 3 x per week (meaning 3 x per wk both Dut & Fin on the same day).

Opinions appreciated!!!

Hi at hairloss research they say you could use 1mg of propecia everyday and only one dutasteride 0.5mg once a week, although dutasteride as you say optimum results were 2.5mgs a day which as you say is quite expensive.
    But also 0.5mgs reduced dht more than finasteride 5mgs a day so you have a choice you could come off finast and try 0.5mgs a day dutas and combine with minox topicle and see how you get on.
    Also people think that dutasteride will regrow there hair as with finast on its own but thats not often the case unless perhaps you already take these drugs before hair loss strikes.
    So you have to use a regrowth agent topical to go with these dht reducers and as we know the only one proved to work is minoxidil.
    I myself have used up to 2.5mgs of dutasteride but did not find it a miracle in my case but i have stopped using finast at this time and returned to 0.5mg of dutas or avodart as its called i like to use this as i tried a generic and it did nothing.

imo 0.5mg of dutasteride is sufficient alone. Inhibiting the production of DHT through dutasteride is one angle of fighting MPB. You should add something that fights it from a different angle for best results e.g. RU58841, it binds to androgen receptors so androgens can't harm the follicle.

A word of warning i tried ru58841 and i got a lot of shedding so bad i stopped and took over 4 months to to stop shed now i do not have any great shedding.
    A mild dht topical some have success is spiro cream or even try eucapil or pantostin.

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    A word of warning i tried ru58841 and i got a lot of shedding so bad i stopped and took over 4 months to to stop shed now i do not have any great shedding.
    A mild dht topical some have success is spiro cream or even try eucapil or pantostin.
    Shedding doesn't necessarily mean its bad, it could be your "damaged" hair that is shedding due to damage caused by DHT. The hair would probably regrow thicker

does anyone know how many months or years that mpb treatment ru58841 can last before it goes off as i still have two bottles that are over six months old?

Quote Originally Posted by doke View Post
    Hi at hairloss research they say you could use 1mg of propecia everyday and only one dutasteride 0.5mg once a week, although dutasteride as you say optimum results were 2.5mgs a day which as you say is quite expensive.
    But also 0.5mgs reduced dht more than finasteride 5mgs a day so you have a choice you could come off finast and try 0.5mgs a day dutas and combine with minox topicle and see how you get on.
    Also people think that dutasteride will regrow there hair as with finast on its own but thats not often the case unless perhaps you already take these drugs before hair loss strikes.
    So you have to use a regrowth agent topical to go with these dht reducers and as we know the only one proved to work is minoxidil.
    I myself have used up to 2.5mgs of dutasteride but did not find it a miracle in my case but i have stopped using finast at this time and returned to 0.5mg of dutas or avodart as its called i like to use this as i tried a generic and it did nothing.
    Just curious, which generic were you taking and from where did you purchase it?

I have seen a lot of posts with respect to taking Fin and adding Dut using the method you described. I was wondering if it might also be beneficial if done in the reverse in order (Dut supplemented with Fin) as I mentioned in my original question. Thanks

not too sure gs i did have dutast which i think is dr reddy india but does not look nothing like avodart as thats a clear liquid in the caps and dutast was a cream in caps.