+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by hiilikeyourbeard View Post
    don't get me wrong that would be absolutely incredible but I don't see that happening. maybe the hairs only survive so long or something
    Yup I have the same thoughts as you. As I said I'm gonna put some effort for a change and I'll try to contact them next week. It might be they won't answer me or I won't be able to find a way but I'm still gonna' try.
    If this is used for research it is still a good thing. I mean Replicel had 50% increase of follicles in mice, however the results weren't nearly as effective on humans. Testing on this artifical follicles might be far better and less expensive.

couldn't agree more. it could really be an effective less time consuming way of doing research (especially if it acts as a human hair, as you said testing on mice only can do so much). if it speeds research up and that's all it's for even that would be a huge step forward.

keep us posted on what you hear and find

Since these are not made from your own cells they would be rejected by your immune system.

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    You guys are all young balding, not bald, and unable to really understand the consequences. I keep reading posts about girls, women, looks etc., yet all of you fail to point out the most essential aspect of hair: protection. And you fail because you still have it. Even if you are an ascetic, you need your hair for protection. And let's say that in winter, and generally when the weather is fresh, you will wear a hat. This is in fact what I am doing. But what about summer and hot days as of late? Still a hat? With such heat and subsequent (huge) perspiration of a bald scalp I say no. What then, get a sunburn on my bare head if I go out? Scalp it is not like arms and legs that receive solar radiation under angle when you walk, it is much more exposed. Or should I talk about getting very easily scratches on the head?

In my age and personal situation the discussion about women is meaningless to me. But I want my hair back to protect my head from every kind of external aggression.
    Look man, this is starting to annoy me.
    Your problem is you're assuming too much and you're trying too hard not to read the posts the way they are written, and you're just looking for what you want to see. That is why you 'fail'.

This is my hair the way it's looking now:

http://i39.tinypic.com/35hgxuc.jpg

I too am getting sunburns, I as well get little protection from cold, wind and rain and what-not with this haircut. A lot of guys on this forum who are still in their teens are just as advanced. So please don't tell me I/we don't understand. We're dealing with the same problems as you AND MORE.

When you're looking back after going bald, every year you had with your hair was one to cherish. There's absolutely nobody out there who's wishing they've lost their hair one year earlier, let alone 10 or 20.

I shall repeat myself once more: nobody is saying it's fun or pleasant to lose you're hair at an older age. But it's simply not better or even the same to lose it when you're still young. It never is and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    So please don't tell me I/we don't understand. We're dealing with the same problems as you AND MORE.
    More? I don't think so. I started losing hair during my teen years. Like 15-17. And that was in the 80's, when there was literally nothing to slow it down. I hope you understand that it cannot be worse TODAY, generally speaking of course.

Also, seeing your situation I would say that you are rather the exception among young guys in the forum, and I was even worse at young age. A lot of vocal guys around here are just receding, going to a mature hairline with still much hair left. I see it all the time in the hair loss forums. I don't say it's nothing. It is a big deal. But certainly not the problem caused when you lose everything (and fast) from your head.

And I am really sorry to see that you are thinning in this diffuse pattern. Really. It is hair loss in its worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    Look man, this is starting to annoy me.
    Your problem is you're assuming too much and you're trying too hard not to read the posts the way they are written, and you're just looking for what you want to see. That is why you 'fail'.

This is my hair the way it's looking now:

http://i39.tinypic.com/35hgxuc.jpg

I too am getting sunburns, I as well get little protection from cold, wind and rain and what-not with this haircut. A lot of guys on this forum who are still in their teens are just as advanced. So please don't tell me I/we don't understand. We're dealing with the same problems as you AND MORE.

When you're looking back after going bald, every year you had with your hair was one to cherish. There's absolutely nobody out there who's wishing they've lost their hair one year earlier, let alone 10 or 20.

I shall repeat myself once more: nobody is saying it's fun or pleasant to lose you're hair at an older age. But it's simply not better or even the same to lose it when you're still young. It never is and never will be.

Get on meds if you can tolerate them.

Looking at you, fin & minox might get some really good results. People with diffuse thinning respond best imo

Then it's just you opinion because it is documented that diffuse thinning people lose their hair faster and respond less if at all to meds.