Man made hair follicle model that functions like real hair!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PayDay
    • Nov 2008

Man made hair follicle model that functions like real hair!

The team of scientists from the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN) said the model would allow them to understand the mechanisms that control hair growth, said the institute's executive director, Professor Jackie Ying in a statement on Friday.

AsiaOne Health News - Read the latest Health breaking news, opinions, politics, weather, traffic, and more up-to-date Health news at AsiaOne
  • Westonci
    • Feb 2010

This is huge news! If its real, than these guys might out do Aderans! And the fact that they are in located in Singapore, means it will come to market faster!

More news in the link below

Comment

• BoSox
      • Jun 2010

Finally a cure, in just phive yers!

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

5 years? Do not give a damn. Call me when someone's ready with a commercial product.

Comment

• Conpecia
          • Sep 2011

hell just save up and get a solid transplant, it'll be cured by the time you need a touchup

Comment

• fred970
            • Nov 2009

+1000 Conpecia, start doing something now, don't wait for a miracle cure. Partial cures, treatments or even techniques (scarless surgery) with probably come out.

Comment

• hellouser
              • May 2012

Originally posted by fred970
              +1000 Conpecia, start doing something now, don't wait for a miracle cure. Partial cures, treatments or even techniques (scarless surgery) with probably come out.
              My sentiments should apply to everyone.

What are balding men supposed to do in the next 5+ years? Theres next to nothing with a complete halt/regrowth to hang on to whatever FINAL solution we're waiting for.

Comment

• fred970
                • Nov 2009

Wait to be completely bald, then have FUE megasessions with a top surgeon (that's what I'm doing but I'm 23 and already bald), I'm sorry but I have nothing better than that to suggest.

Comment

• Conpecia
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by hellouser
                  My sentiments should apply to everyone.

What are balding men supposed to do in the next 5+ years? Theres next to nothing with a complete halt/regrowth to hang on to whatever FINAL solution we're waiting for.
                  why are you not on DHT blockers? side effects?

specifically, why are you not on finasteride?

Comment

• fred970
                    • Nov 2009

One word: gynecomastia-prone (that's two words I know). Edit: sorry, thought the question was for me.

Comment

• hellouser
                      • May 2012

Originally posted by Conpecia
                      why are you not on DHT blockers? side effects?

specifically, why are you not on finasteride?
                      lowered libido, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia.

I'd rather be bad than suffer from those side effects. Finasteride is fvcking garbage, I'm tired of hearing about it when were so clue to a full out cure. Fin should have NO PLACE in these discussions.

Comment

• fred970
                        • Nov 2009

That's just my opinion but finasteride shoudn't even be an option. If finasteride is an option to save your hair, then so is chopping your balls off. Now back to the topic.

Comment

• Thinning87
                          • Dec 2012

I originally dove into it taking it once a day as recommended as soon as I got a prescription last year - and had mild temporary side effects which may have also been correlated to irregular lifestyle.

I have been taking the med every other day for the last three months and had very very mild side effects (actually increase in libido especially first few days) and then, once I was sure I felt fine, started taking it every 36 hours and despite another short term increase in libido feel perfectly fine.

I also sleep regularly now thogh...

So I advise trying this type of stuff, I wish my first two dermatologists knew anything about finasteride or had taken the time to discuss this stuff like my thrid dermatologist did, as last year I had a lot more hair, especially before quitting fin in October

Comment

• StayThick
                            • Oct 2012

I agree with everything Hellouser said. These random threads that keep springing up from nowhere regarding so called progress is starting to really annoy me...

And if I hear "5 more years" from somebody again I might jump from my 4th floor office window. Wake me up when we have something concrete that is expected to be released. That will get me a tad excited.

This thread is useless and FIN is the devils medicine in treating MPB. Absolutely terrible treatment with horrific sides. Don't care if people don't experience them, that drug is affecting you in so many negative ways even if you don't realize it.

I hate balding, but a FUE mega session is about the only thing that makes sense to me from this thread... And that's unfortunate.

Comment

• walrus
                              • Feb 2012

Originally posted by StayThick
                              I agree with everything Hellouser said. These random threads that keep springing up from nowhere regarding so called progress is starting to really annoy me...
                              Progress is better than no progress. There can be occasional breakthroughs, but most science is incremental.

Comment

Working...