+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PayDay View Post
    The team of scientists from the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN) said the model would allow them to understand the mechanisms that control hair growth, said the institute's executive director, Professor Jackie Ying in a statement on Friday.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2...19-438496.html
    The pertinent quotes from the op's link:

IBN Team Leader and Principal Research Scientist Dr Andrew Wan elaborated, “Measuring the diameter of a strand of hair, our hair follicle-like structure exhibits similar cell behavior as real hair follicles. In our model, the hair cells are implanted into very fine and transparent fibers, which can be easily examined under the microscope unlike conventional models, making them ideal for drug testing applications.”

The IBN researchers found that the cells in their hair follicle-like structures switched on genes that are usually active during the hair growth stage, and when transplanted into mice, they could grow further into natural-looking hair structures.

If commercialized, this technology could be used by pharmaceutical companies in the drug discovery stage to screen potential promoters or inhibitors of hair formation. Consumer care companies would also be interested in this technology platform as it would allow them to screen the effectiveness of active ingredients in personal care products for hair growth.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    ...in 5 years.
    You can find me laying on th ground with 2 broken legs...yup, I did it, I jumped out of my window at the thought of "5 more years."

Appreciate that Hellouser.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    You can find me laying on th ground with 2 broken legs...yup, I did it, I jumped out of my window at the thought of "5 more years."

Appreciate that Hellouser.
    ROFL I love this forum

No need to diss propecia just because it does not work for you. Guys who are brave enough to take propecia are the ones who are on top of the hairloss fight.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    No need to diss propecia just because it does not work for you. Guys who are brave enough to take propecia are the ones who are on top of the hairloss fight.
    Thats being complacent. Might as well disregard all the efforts and discoveries by Dr. Lauster, Tsuji Labs, Aderans, Replicel, Histogen etc.

Like someone said, propecia is really the devil's medicine for hair loss. I'm still proud I made the decision (along with my GP and my dermatologist) never to touch it, but I respect people who chose to take it.

On top of the hair loss fight? Maybe, but at what price? You don't know what you're looking at in the long or even short-term? As Spencer often says on the show "I don't know if I'm gonna get some bizarre form of cancer". I hate when I read spooky stories about minoxidil (which I'm using) like facial aging but, you can wake up in a few months and notice your chest is swollen, you can find yourself in bed with a girl and not be able to keep it up etc. So yeah, you propecia users are all very brave, but you make it sound like non-users are such pussies for not taking a drug who could make them impotent, grow boobs or make their balls ache, and I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Like someone said, propecia is really the devil's medicine for hair loss. I'm still proud I made the decision (along with my GP and my dermatologist) never to touch it, but I respect people who chose to take it.

On top of the hair loss fight? Maybe, but at what price? You don't know what you're looking at in the long or even short-term? As Spencer often says on the show "I don't know if I'm gonna get some bizarre form of cancer". I hate when I read spooky stories about minoxidil (which I'm using) like facial aging but, you can wake up in a few months and notice your chest is swollen, you can find yourself in bed with a girl and not be able to keep it up etc. So yeah, you propecia users are all very brave, but you make it sound like non-users are such pussies for not taking a drug who could make them impotent, grow boobs or make their balls ache, and I don't like it.
    or maybe is simply a troll or somebody who gains by saying that. but anyway we look the facts , that propecia doesn't work for the goal of regrowth plus could be worst sides than losing hair (is relative) so make your calculations and take decision. i will never take it. anyway propecia is the past. good bye propecia. lol

there's currently nothing available that works at stopping hair loss better than finasteride. it gets a terrible rep which is unjustified IMO. anti-depressants can cause seizures and permanent brain damage but you never hear about it

Antidepressants don't cause brain damage and seizures, just like finasteride doesn't cause you to lose you penis. Unjustified to say something like that about AD too in my opinion.

I take anti depressants and yea they can. but people still take them without fear