+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    why are you not on DHT blockers? side effects?

specifically, why are you not on finasteride?
    lowered libido, erectile dysfunction, gynecomastia.

I'd rather be bad than suffer from those side effects. Finasteride is fvcking garbage, I'm tired of hearing about it when were so clue to a full out cure. Fin should have NO PLACE in these discussions.

That's just my opinion but finasteride shoudn't even be an option. If finasteride is an option to save your hair, then so is chopping your balls off. Now back to the topic.

I originally dove into it taking it once a day as recommended as soon as I got a prescription last year - and had mild temporary side effects which may have also been correlated to irregular lifestyle.

I have been taking the med every other day for the last three months and had very very mild side effects (actually increase in libido especially first few days) and then, once I was sure I felt fine, started taking it every 36 hours and despite another short term increase in libido feel perfectly fine.

I also sleep regularly now thogh...

So I advise trying this type of stuff, I wish my first two dermatologists knew anything about finasteride or had taken the time to discuss this stuff like my thrid dermatologist did, as last year I had a lot more hair, especially before quitting fin in October

I agree with everything Hellouser said. These random threads that keep springing up from nowhere regarding so called progress is starting to really annoy me...

And if I hear "5 more years" from somebody again I might jump from my 4th floor office window. Wake me up when we have something concrete that is expected to be released. That will get me a tad excited.

This thread is useless and FIN is the devils medicine in treating MPB. Absolutely terrible treatment with horrific sides. Don't care if people don't experience them, that drug is affecting you in so many negative ways even if you don't realize it.

I hate balding, but a FUE mega session is about the only thing that makes sense to me from this thread... And that's unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I agree with everything Hellouser said. These random threads that keep springing up from nowhere regarding so called progress is starting to really annoy me...
    Progress is better than no progress. There can be occasional breakthroughs, but most science is incremental.

"very similar to the native hair follicle".

Hmm... we probably know about 10% of the biology of a hair follicle, this is like rebuilding the Eiffel tower... by a baby... with about 5 lego cubes.

biology>physics in complexity.

IBN Executive Director Professor Jackie Y. Ying said, "We have applied our cell and tissue engineering expertise to create a hair follicle-like structure that is very similar to the native hair follicle.
    So, can you create another 10,000 and implant them in my vertex & temples plz?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    So, can you create another 10,000 and implant them in my vertex & temples plz?

Thanks in advance.
    ...in 5 years.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    ...in 5 years.
    That made me laugh!

and then cry..