+ Reply to Thread

Default Worth me posting pics?

Right. I haven't posted any pics in about 9 months. As far as I can tell I can't see any change with my hair from the previous pics I've posted, at all.

My hairline appears to be strong, it's in a slight 'V' shape, but I don't see anything that would constitute miniaturisation. My crown appears to be strong also, and from other times I've posted it's assumed I have a slight parting coming from my crown.

Now, what's bugging me is this - and this is has been the same ever since I started on this forum;

Whenever I run my hands through my hair, hairs come out. Whenever I apply hair product, hairs cling to the 'stickiness'. I find hairs on my keyboard, and it's making me paranoid. I ran hairs through the back of my hair, and there were about 4 hairs FROM THE BACK.

Now I know everybody sheds, my mum's picked up on my worry and keeps coming into me when she's brushed her hair or whatever with hairs on her hands, and whenever she's had a shower the plug is CLOGGED with her hair, but I just assumed that was because her hair is far longer than mine? Whereas mine shouldn't be doing that, I don't know.

Also, when my hair is wet you can see scalp. When it's sticking up you can see scalp. Bright lights - see some scalp.

But like I said, there doesn't appear to be any change in 9 months - or even from when I first joined this forum. My hair is blonde, straight and fine, but a lot of it - it feels like straw, almost brittle and dry. I have dermatitis or something on my scalp as it's scabby and red.

SO. Reckon it's worth me posting pics again or not?

Quote Originally Posted by jonnykino View Post
    Right. I haven't posted any pics in about 9 months. As far as I can tell I can't see any change with my hair from the previous pics I've posted, at all.

My hairline appears to be strong, it's in a slight 'V' shape, but I don't see anything that would constitute miniaturisation. My crown appears to be strong also, and from other times I've posted it's assumed I have a slight parting coming from my crown.

Now, what's bugging me is this - and this is has been the same ever since I started on this forum;

Whenever I run my hands through my hair, hairs come out. Whenever I apply hair product, hairs cling to the 'stickiness'. I find hairs on my keyboard, and it's making me paranoid. I ran hairs through the back of my hair, and there were about 4 hairs FROM THE BACK.

Now I know everybody sheds, my mum's picked up on my worry and keeps coming into me when she's brushed her hair or whatever with hairs on her hands, and whenever she's had a shower the plug is CLOGGED with her hair, but I just assumed that was because her hair is far longer than mine? Whereas mine shouldn't be doing that, I don't know.

Also, when my hair is wet you can see scalp. When it's sticking up you can see scalp. Bright lights - see some scalp.

But like I said, there doesn't appear to be any change in 9 months - or even from when I first joined this forum. My hair is blonde, straight and fine, but a lot of it - it feels like straw, almost brittle and dry. I have dermatitis or something on my scalp as it's scabby and red.

SO. Reckon it's worth me posting pics again or not?
    I think that's true for most of us.

I do my best not to pay attention to shed hairs, but it's pretty hard not to at times. I was actually at a movie with a chick earlier this week and she almost caught me in the act; holy shit that would have been embarrassing. When I can get myself to stop hyperanalyzing my hair, I always feel better about it.

Decided to post a pic anyway.

I can't see a change from the past 2/3 years I've been on this forum, but I dunno. There aren't any older pics online, they've all seemed to have expired. But these are from the past couple of days. Dry/damp/sticking up.

http://oi40.tinypic.com/a0kot3.jpg

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Pictures would help. Your should consult a hair restoration physician or dermatologist to get your scalp condition under control. Nizoral shampoo may be helpful.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Yeah I've posted them on the above link.

Here they are again; http://oi40.tinypic.com/a0kot3.jpg

I did use the webcam on my Mac.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I could not see any signs of hair loss/ thinning from the photos. I would think that the hairs you are getting when running fingers through you hair are part of the normal daily shedding process.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Ah okay thanks for your reply. Had a bath the other day and took a pic of the hairs in the bath, which I'll post later. Still can't differentiate normal daily shedding process to something more extreme.